Chapter 38: A Habit

Eyes were opened wide and mouths were dropped as Tzuyu and Jungkook walked into the school hand in hand. A few rushed up to them to ask questions and to take pictures.

"I thought you two weren't together?" one asked.

"Yesterday you said you hated each other?" another questioned.

While someone else gasped, "How did this all happen?"

"How long have you been hiding your relationship?"

"Tzuyu, Jungkook!"

Jungkook suddenly tightened his grip on Tzuyu's hand and broke into a sprint, almost having her fall over with the unexpected yank. They pushed past the hoard of students and ran into the next hallway, getting yelled at by teachers and other students. No one had the time to even figure out who were those two so the next few seconds before reaching that abandoned classroom were sprinted without any obstacle.

Jungkook made sure that no one was following them and carefully shut the door. Breathing hard, he turned around to smile at his panting girlfriend. She was seated at one of the old rickety desks, holding her sides.

"Jungkook, you could've warned me!" Tzuyu wheezed.

He grabbed a bottle of water from his backpack and threw it at her. She caught it with one hand and gulped down the whole thing. "Sorry babe, I just didn't want them making you feel uncomfortable."

Wiping her mouth, she slammed down the bottle on the desk, crushing it. "Uncomfortable? Jungkook, I've been interviewed by the whole school a thousand times yesterday and you still think it's gonna make me uncomfortable?"

"Just protecting you, baby."

"Wow, you left me all alone to deny our unexisting relationship yesterday and today you wouldn't even let me show off now that it's real."

Jungkook settled down next to her and pulled a bottle water from her backpack. "And talking about interviews, don't you think those people could work as paparazzi in the future?"

"Oh, yes, you're right." She snatched away his drink and downed that one too, earning a look from him. "Some were even tryna grab me."

"WHAT?" He stood up, dropping his backpack on the floor.

"Chill, they were girls," she said, rolling her eyes at him. "The boys already know not to touch me."

Jungkook flashed a smile and began flexing his muscles. "Oh, I know, they're all scared of me." He held out his arms hoping that she would notice them.

"Oh, no, not you. Me," Tzuyu corrected and pointed at herself. She was well known for putting boys in their places.

His arms drooped and he gave her a disbelieving look. "You?"

"Yeah. They're too afraid to even act stupid in front on me. Remember when Nayeon unnie's boyfriend broke up with her?" she added.

"Yeah?" Jungkook began checking his arms to see if his muscles had decreased in size, maybe that's why Tzuyu took no notice of them. "When she was in first year, right?"

"Yes. So who do you think broke his middle finger?"

"But I thought he said that he accidently slammed his car trunk on it."

"No, it was me. I told him that I'd break his other one too if he tells anyone or talks to my unnie again."

"Oof."

"I know, I'm great," she said, dramatically flipping her hair.

Jungkook smiled and kissed her, still thinking that it was him whom those boys were scared of.