Chapter 6: Morning

Dinner was cut short as she hurried to get to bed. He consistently made short, but several trips in and out of his room to either the kitchen, or the outside closet, or the small cabinet under the TV stand, without any purpose. She knew all to well that he was trying to annoying her, and yes, he was succeeded big time for he kept getting in her way of the TV screen.

As patience slowly drained out if her, which was weird since that was a rare case with him around (becuase patience never was there to begin with), she was finally able to call a stop to her dinner. "Jungkook," she fumed in her efforts to keep calm, "you have your entire life to be a jerk, so why not take today off?"

Score!

His head poked out of the kitchen and then the rest of his body. And so did a kitchen knife that he held threatenly in his hands, poised for murder, ready to throw if she said anymore. "Remember when I asked for your opinion, kid?" he grumbled.

Tzuyu looked at him, losing the feeling that the score she had unevened was back in balance.

"Yeah, me neither." He smirked and popped back his body to whatever poison he was concocting to kill her in her sleep.

Tzuyu stuck her tongue out, but to no one in particular--could be either at him, or her life. Or those three idiots who knew it well to keep this hell of a news away from both of them. Her body prickled hot with such dislike she was feeling for everything, everyone, around her.

How could life be cruel enough to throw her in the pit of her worst nightmares like this?

How was she expected to keep her body and soul in one place if she was being stipulated to dig deeper into her old bruises? Each and every one somehow connected to Jungkook opened up, with blood as red as the color black dribbling out like a waterfall, submerged in hate.

No . . . She couldn't cry out her tears. It will do nothing to help. She'll have to be strong. She will be strong.

Jungkook soon grew tired of his irritating shenanigans, realizing that he wasn't really up for dealing with her outbursts anymore. After one more trip to the kitchen--for making sure that he was doing a good job as her sworn enemy--he retired to bed, and the rest of the night was spent wordlessly.

Mentally cursing everyone who had a hand in landing her in this place and position, she did the same as him, but not before making a loud racket to terminate his snotty snores.

Snotty snores? Yeah, perfect.

"Snotty" was a word she gave his snores, because why not? And who wouldn't? That guy was one hell of a messy, loud sleeper. She had already decided that her best consolations were with the girl who made the mistake of sharing a bed with him at night, no matter how much she hated her, too. To go off-topic on the situation right now, it was them, Tzuyu and Lisa, who had the real rivalry going on. Jungkook just played along and went with the flow. But it was him that she happened to encounter the the most, because most chose to keep their distance from that walking-talking fashion boutique.

But that's a discussion for later, because the word was there mainly to match her full-of-snot thoughts for him. Sticky goo and slimy slop always lingered near her thoughts of him every time that devilish face entered her mind.

But really--as of now--as much as she hated to admit it, they were just some soft notes of music to her ears, played in such comfy keys that settled the feeling of fluffy cushions and warm blankets of night down her bones. As tired as she was, she was almost thankful to be able to hear those deep rumbles. They put a sense of solace in her body that just wanted her to log out of life.