Chapter 24: Karma

Jisoo had lied.

There she was, making out with a college senior, her dress rolled down to her waist. Both of them were taking advantage of the deserted second floor and the darkness. Jungkook felt his heart shatter into a million pieces.

"Li-lisa?" his voice wavered. Tears started streaming down his eyes. The boy stopped kissing and looked at him but Lisa turned his head back towards her. They continued kissing each other. The student's hands were groping around her (things.) "Lisa!" Jungkook said it louder this time. And this time, the senior looked ready to fight but Lisa held his arm.

Jungkook saw regret on her face for a moment but it quickly changed into a smirk."Hey, babe." The boy looked at her accusingly but she dismissed him with a flick of her hand. The look of disbelief in his eyes was unbearable when he realized that Lisa was just toying with him.

After he went downstairs, Jungkook walked towards her and pulled up her dress to cover her naked upper half. Lisa was shameless enough to keep her body uncovered in front of two men. Sure, Jungkook had seen it several times but her exposing it to someone else angered him.

"Lisa, how could you?" Jungkook held her hand but she jerked it away.

"Actually, I'm the one who should've asked you that!" Her body radiated so much hate that he was forced to take a step back.

"I came here just to tell you that I'm sorry..."

"Oh, don't be! You ('f' word)ing cheater!"

He flinched at her words. "But Jisoo said that you didn't come."

"I told her to 'cuz I knew you'd show up anyways."

"But why?"

"Isn't that obvious? I just didn't want to see that ('s' word)ty face of yours!"

"But I came all the way here to see you. I wanted to make up with you!" Jungkook was so close to breaking down.

"Why don't you go back to that ('b' word) of yours?! Just leave me alone!"

"Lisa, I was just playing with her." Wow, Jungkook. Another lie to save your love life when you know it's pointless. "I didn't mean anything I said to her! You know how much I love you! And I didn't know that she'd blurt it all out!"

"Liar. You're so pathetic, Jungkook."

"Babe, believe me. I love you."

"Don't you dare call me 'babe!' We're not a thing anymore!" Lisa yelled. "Let's break up, now!"

"But I don't want to. I want us to stay together."

"Stop with that utter ('s' word!) We're done!"

"Please, Lisa..."

"Oh, shut up!"

"I told you! I was playing with her! I wanted her to suffer. Isn't that what you want? And it's not like she'd fall for me, you know that. You know how much we hate each other, don't you? Believe me, I wasn't cheating on you."

"I really don't know what to believe anymore. First, you go walking around shirtless with her in the house, then you stand up to me because of her, and then you're trying to get closer to her. She even said that you kissed her!"

"Lisa, she was lying!" Jungkook grabbed her shoulders.

"I know she wasn't!" Lisa pushed him so hard that he slammed against the wall. "Jungkook, I've known her longer than you have. I know her more than you do. So quit lying!"

"Please understand..."

"Why don't you understand?! Jungkook, we're over. Done."

"No, we're not. I know you'll come back me," Jungkook smiled, mostly reassuring himself. "I know you will."