-53-

Seungmin pov.

We arrived at the old abandoned police station around 3.30. Chan still hadn't told us who we were meeting, or why we had to leave in such a rush.

The building seemed empty. Why were we even here? Did something happen? Did we need to hide from someone? God this is so nerve-wracking.

I stayed close to Y/n, just in case something were to happen. Chan had brought some weapons, but they weren't the same weapons we normally used. These seemed different. And he had also brought a lot of bulletproof wests. It's almost like he expected something bad to go down.

[...]

I was talking with Y/n by one of the windows when the door busted open, revealing one of our allied gangs. I had met them before, but only once. Their name was Seven-something.

Chan immediately got up, greeting one of the guys with a bro hug. I think I remember him as the boss, but my brain seemed empty at this point. 12 other guys followed after the leader, entering the room like nothing had happened.

Chan and the leader of the other gang exchanged a few words before turning to the rest of us, catching our attention.

The other guy was the first one to speak up.

"Everyone listen up. For those who don't know me, I'm Seung Cheol, the leader of seventeen-"

I knew it was seven-something

"-but you can all call me Cheol. We have gathered you all here today to perform a training situation in a field work case scenario."

Chan spoke up after Cheol had finished, speaking with a lot of authoritarianism in his voice.

"For those who don't know me, I'm Christopher Bang, the leader of Stray kids, but I go by the name Chan. [...] The two gangs will work as two seperate teams, as we're gonna perform a hostage scenario. The defending team will choose one member to play the hostage. Their task is to protect the hostage from the other group. The attacking group will try to get the hostage out of the cell they're held within, and out to the front desk. Once the hostage has arrived at the front desk, the attacking team will ring a bell, signaling victory. The time limit is 20 minutes. The scenario will be played two times, and the groups are gonna switch their positions as defender and attacker before the second round."

Cheol returned to his previous spot, after having picked up a gun and a west. He held them up, gesturing to them as he spoke.

"Both teams will be equipped with wests and guns. The wests carries a sign, telling which side you're on. The gun contains paintballs, which are to leave a mark on your west if you're hit. Once you're hit you are out of the game, and have to move to the front desk, to the other hit ones. Any questions?"

One of the guys from the other gang raised his hand. Cheol gestured for him to speak.

"Which team will be starting where?"

Cheol and Chan looked at each other for a second, signaling for each other to choose. They eventually gave up, as Chan spoke up.

"Stray kids will be starting as the defenders. Everybody get into your equipment. The timer goes off in 5 minutes."

Everybody moved towards the two leaders, picking up a west and a gun each.