8.

"Dude," Caleb looked at Bruce like he was nuts. "What the hell?"

"Relax Caleb," Bruce said as he leaned back into his seat with his eyes still on Trevor. "It's just a bet. And it's his choice, if he wants to chicken out or not."

"Fuck you, Bruce," Trevor said with an amused, yet calm tone.

"Oh come on Trev.." Nadia started. "Don't be a wuss."

"Nadia?" Lisa warned in a louder and more serious tone this time. Trevor could tell she was getting angry.

"Look Bowman," Nadia went on. "You don't have to fuck him or anything."

Trevor then took his eyes, filled with shock, and looked at Nadia, before looking over at Aaron, wondering how he dealt with a case like Nadia being his girlfriend.

"Yeah," Bruce added. "Just make him believe you like him and then ditch him on Prom night, simple."

"Okay," Megan looked away from Bruce and faced Trevor. She looked really excited. "This is going to be fun."

"But, guys," Caleb said. "Trevor's not gay."

"Thank you!" Lisa spat with her eyes still fixed on Nadia.

"Don't you get it?" Megan began. "That's the point. It doesn't matter. All he has to do is make Lance believe he is in love with him, Lance falls for it and.. Bam ..come Prom night, he dumps his ass like a bomb."

Aaron laughed and pointed at Megan. "Saying it that way? Yeah I agree, this is gonna be fun."

"Bu-but Lance will be....hurt. That would hurt Lance," Caleb's voice was still calm as he darted his eyes to every single person on the table.

"Who gives a fuck," Trevor spat as he moved his eyes from Caleb to Bruce. "I'm not doing it anyway."

"Not even for a hundred dollars?" Bruce said calmly and Megan turned and faced him with a smile.

"Nope," Trevor said. "Not interested. Sorry."

"A thousand?"

Trevor looked up at Bruce in confusion. "Dude," he said. "Are you deaf, I said no."

Just then,the bell rang for the end of recess and everyone started leaving the cafeteria.

"A thousand five hundred, then."

Everyone was standing from the table now and Trevor laughed as he pulled himself from his seat, throwing his arms over Lisa's shoulders. Trevor then stopped and looked at Bruce. "Bruce, there is no amount of money that you would give me, that would make me pretend to be that asshole's partner, Okay?" Trevor spat. "..So fucking drop it already."

Bruce narrowed his eyes at him as he stood to his feet. Trevor turned and faced Lisa. "Come on babe," Trevor said as he pulled her along. "Let's get to class."

"Three thousand dollars."

Everyone froze, including Lisa and Trevor. They all spun to face Bruce ego had a smirk on his face. Apart from being an asshole, Bruce was also the richest among them. His family,the Hanson family, was one of the wealthiest families in the town of Kentworth, so three thousand dollars was most probably chicken change to Bruce, but it was still a lot of money to spend on a bet as far as Trevor and the rest were concerned.

Caleb turned to Bruce with wide eyes. "Dude." Caleb shouted.

"Bruce, what are you doing man?" Aaron uttered in disbelief.

Nadia just started to laugh. She was obviously enjoying this.

Trevor faced Bruce's calm features and steadied himself to give his answer. "No." He said slowly.

"Think about it Tre..." Bruce was then interrupted by Trevor's growl.

"Drop it, Bruce." The tone in Trevor voice was one none of his friends had ever heard before. Even Nadia's smile had disappeared now.

They all stood and watched as Trevor turned to his girlfriend before they both walked out of the cafeteria.

Caleb turned and faced Bruce. He was just standing there, watching as Trevor left the cafeteria with Lisa. There was a dirty smirk on Bruce's face as he turned and glanced at Aaron. The both of them made Caleb think that maybe they knew something that the rest of them didn't.