120.

Three days later, Trevor was in the locker room with rest of his team-mates.

The day of the game had finally arrived.

“Let’s go teach these Clowns how to play ball!”

“Yeeeaaah!”

They kept cheering. But for many reasons, Trevor couldn’t join them. He wasn’t feeling as excited as they were. He just sat on a bench in front of his locker with his elbows digging into his laps and fists over his lips.

The last three days had been a nightmare.

The sight of Lisa standing there at the doorway three nights ago kept flashing in his mind. It all started to come back to him now, even if he didn’t want to remember.

After she had caught Lance and Trevor, she had stood there for a few minutes, stunned, before she turned and walked out the door.

“Lisa, wait,” Trevor yelled before running after her. He got out of the house and caught up with her before she could make it out of the lawn. He reached out and grabbed her arm with one hand, while the other held his jean trouser in place. “Lisa, please. I-.”

Without warning, Lisa spun and slapped him in the face.

Trevor staggered backwards, stunned and confused at the same time.

He looked into her eyes as he raised his hands to rub his hot cheeks. The rage she seemed to radiate, terrified him a little. Tears were beginning to bead down her cheeks. Her shoulder seemed to move up and down with heavy breaths.

He had never seen Lisa this angry before.

“Lisa, I’m-”

“Don’t you dare tell me you’re sorry,” Lisa came close and cut him off with a snarl.

Trevor opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. He looked down to the floor and then up at Lisa again. This was without a doubt, the worst night of his life. The way she looked at him, it made him want to crawl into a hole and die.

Lisa said nothing. She just kept her eyes on him; her face slowly contorting with pain as she slowly shook her head as though she didn’t want to believe what she had seen a few moments ago. Her eyes moved from Trevor and landed on the front door behind him.

Trevor spun and saw Lance standing there, leaning on the frame. He had worn back his trousers now, but he was still shirtless. He turned away from Lance and met Lisa’s eyes on him with a smile on her face. A smile that seemed to scream with pain.

“I knew it, you know,” she croaked before she reached up and wiped her wet cheeks with her palm. She then looked down to the floor and sobbed. “I knew something was wrong.”

Trevor’s heart felt as though a thousand daggers were thrown at it when he saw Lisa like this. He moved close to her, but she quickly moved away. “Stop,” she raised a finger to stop him from coming any closer.

“Lisa, please,” Trevor pleaded as he was beginning to feel his own eyes sting.

“Good bye, Trevor.” Those were the last words Trevor ever heard from Lisa Watson’s mouth before she spun and walked away that night, living him standing there, watching her as he sobbed.

The day after that, he had tried to reach out to her, but she wouldn’t give in. It was as if she didn’t want anything to do with him anymore. He called and sent lots of texts, but there was no response. At that point, a new wave of fear gripped Trevor. The fact that Lisa could tell someone else made the blood in his veins freeze with fright.

But she didn’t tell a soul.

Moments where he met up with his friends, he had expected them to act weird around him, but they didn’t. He had expected Lisa to have told Nadia and Megan at least, but she didn’t.

Later on, Caleb caught up to the fact that Trevor and Lisa had been a little distant lately and so Trevor told him what had happened.

Caleb raised his fingers through his hair with his widened eyes fixed to Trevor. “Holy shit,” he gasped. “What if she-”

“She won’t.” Trevor had caught him off that night. “I know she won’t.”

After he had left Caleb’s house, he felt so confused. His whole world was falling apart. He needed to talk to someone or he would lose his mind. Then he realized he had not spoken to Lance since that day. Not face to face at least.  Lance had been calling and sending text to see how he was doing.