29.

Lance

"Dude," Trevor hissed as he stopped and leaned forward infront of Lance's table at the Library. "I've been looking all over for you. Where the hell have you been?"

Lance said nothing. He totally ignored Trevor and kept his attention on the book before him. He was going to die first before he would help Trevor with anything academically. He had been ignoring Trevor for the past four days now ever since he made fun of him at the soccer field when he confronted him. Trevor had been bugging him on and on, non-stop for the past four days. about when thier first study session would hold, but Lance had been ignoring the hell out of him. He remembered the way Trevor and his friends laughed at him, and held himself from looking up at Trevor pacing infront of him. He wasn't reading anymore. All he could see were just words, words that had stopped making sense to him ever since Trevor walked into the Library.

"I'm sorry," Trevor voice was calm.

Lance was so shocked, he held himself from looking up and Trevor, but he couldn't. Lance immediately shot his head up and faced Trevor with furrowed brows. "What?" He asked.

"I'm sorry," Trevor repeated with a shrug.

Lance couldn't help the one sided smile that was tugging on the side of his mouth as he stared at Trevor in shock. "Sorry for what?" Lance asked.

Trevor rolled his eyes. "For making fun of you after soccer practice a few days ago," Trevor said as he looked to the ground. "It was shitty of me."

Lance was speechless. He tilted his head to the side and kept eyeing Trevor as if he was some kind of alien that had dropped from putter space. Was Trevor Bowman apologising to him right now? Was this really happening?

"Look," Trevor started. I know we've had our differences in that past,but I want us to just forget about it all and just be friends, you know."

Lance's eyes widened. He could swear he was dreaming or something. What the hell was going on?

"Aren't tired of us fighting all the time?" Trevor grimaced.

Lance's mouth was open, but words still refused to come out for some reason. It was as if he had something to say, but instead, he burst out in laughter. Lance started laughing so hard, he felt his stomach muscles begin to ache. He didn't care how many students turned and looked in his direction, he just kept laughing. Trevor darted his eyes to every corner of the hall and realised that he and Lance were the centre of attraction. He looked far behind and saw Lenny with that strange red haired girl again; they were both looking this way with curiosity written all over thier features.

Trevor looked away from them and back to Lance who was slapping the table with his palms now while still laugh hard. It was strange that Lance's laughter made Trevor want to laugh too, but he held back. Lance felt his eyes beginning to water and he suddenly found it hard to breath. He couldn't remember when last he laughed like this.

"What's so funny," Trevor gave and exasperated sigh.

Lance stopped laughing, coughed a few times and them looked up at Trevor. He them looked down, gathered his book and stood up. He walked out of his seat and moved straight to Trevor until they were face to face.

He looked into Trevor's blue eyes and started, "I don't know what game you're playing here, Bowman, but you might as well just five up, cuz you're wasting you're time."

He then inched further to Trevor's face until he could smell Trevor's minty breath. "I'm not playing along," Lance hissed before he turned and walked out of the Library, leaving Trevor behind.

Stephanie and Lenny

"What was that about?" Stephanie asked as she adjusted her glasses and sat back down on her seat after watching Trevor leave the Library a few seconds after Lance.

"Don't know," Lenny replied without even looking up at her as he scanned through his book. "Probably has something to do with what happened at soccer practice days ago."

Stephanie paused and then turned to Lenny. "What happened at soccer practices days ago?"

Lenny looked up from his book and gave an exasperated sigh, immediately regretting why he had just told her that. "Apparently," he began before he finally faced her. "Mr. Decker told Trevor to pick a tutor this year because his grades were not looking to good."

There was silence for a while with Lenny and Stephanie just staring at each other, before Stephanie nodded and gestured for him to go on. "And?" She said.

"And..," Lenny mimicked her voice before he smirked at her. "Trevor picked Lance."

Stephanie's eyes went wide. "Wha-What!"

Lenny chuckled. "I know right."

"But they hate each other," Stephanie faced Lance but didn't seem to be taking to him anymore."Why would Trevor Bowman pick Lance Tiffin as his tutor?"

Lenny shrugged. "Thier problem I guess," he mumbled. "..Now come on, the quiz competition is in three weeks and we have a lot of work to do."

Stephanie watched as Lenny returned his attention to the chemistry textbook before him. She then turned away and faced the book before her, but she wasn't reading anymore. All she could see were letters and equations now. Her mind was elsewhere. It all didn't just make sense to her. She had been seeing Trevor hovering and literally pestering Lance. Trevor Bowman, actually pestering someone. She had seen Trevor kick away Lance's sitting partner in class just to sit by him and had watched them fight in Chemistry after the accident. She had not realised by then, that for some reason, Trevor was trying to get close to Lance. She knew how much they hated each other, hell, she of all people knew how difficult Lance was, but yet, Trevor was willing to look past all his bullshit. Trevor was being persistent; even to the point of making Lance his tutor.

Why?

Stephanie looked up from her book and stared into space. It didn't make sense.

None of this made sense to her at all.