85.

Trevor wasn't sure where he was or where Lance had gone, but his eyes landed on a narrow path in the bushes and he was pretty sure Lance must have followed that same path and so he followed as well, not knowing where it would lead to.

The night air was cool and damp and the leaves and grasses that stroked Trevor's bare skin were wet. Crickets and frogs could be heard chirping and croaking, but he could not see them. Instead, he kept his eyes peeled for bigger problems like bears or mountain lions, or even racoons.

God he hated racoons.

He kept kicking his feet against large stones and rocks and was suddenly thankful he was wearing sneakers. He finally walked out of the bushes; dusting the leaves off his shirt and his jeans before he looked up and saw one of the most beautiful sights he had ever seen in his life.

"Wow," Trevor didn't know when the word dropped out of his mouth in a whisper.

The sky was a deep blue with billions of tiny glittering dots. The large glowing silver moon hung half way into the sky; like its setting day time counterpart. Trevor looked to the floor and felt his heart warm up within his chest at the sight of the reflections of the moon and stars on the lake, as though they were beneath the ground.

The lake looked like a gigantic mirror on the ground. The trees, the hills, the stars and the moon all had their reflections in the large body of water.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Lance's calm voice caused Trevor to look to his right. There he was, sitting there on the pebble filled ground; his knees rose to his chest and his eyes were fixed on the world before him.

Trevor said nothing. He took his eyes back to the lake and inhaled the air around him.

It felt so pure.

The gentle night breeze ruffled his hair and seemed to calm him. He glanced back at Lance who still had his attention on the lake, the moon and the stars ahead.

Trevor's brows furrowed slightly when he saw smoke escaping Lance's lips. He was even more surprised when he saw the white roll of paper in-between his fingers.

"Dude, you smoking weed?" The question flew out of Trevor's mouth involuntarily.

Lance was quiet. He didn't even care enough to give Trevor a glance.

Trevor kept his eye on Lance for a while, before he looked away and threw his eyes back to the lake.

The boys just stayed there, silent and observant. The only sounds were coming from the gentle rustling of the tree leaves and the chirping crickets. Trevor caught sight of a group of fire-flies dancing and glittering in the darkness. He wondered how Lance had found this place. He just couldn't believe there was a place this beautiful in Kentworth. He was completely amazed and actually happy he had followed Lance out here, but of course , he wasn't going to let Lance know that.

"This is my sanctuary. My safe space," Lance said in a calm voice as if answering Trevor's questions. "My only home."

Trevor glanced at Lance and saw a peaceful and longing smile on his face as he watched the fire-flies dancing above the lake. He saw the way he threw his head backwards and closed his eyes; savouring the night breeze as it pushed his black curls backwards. Trevor watched him for a while and started to get that funny feeling in his gut. That feeling that seemed to draw him to Lance.

He watched him and realised how honest he was when he said this was his only home. Trevor kept his eyes on the oblivious dark haired boy and fought the smile that was playing on his face. There was dried blood below his nose, his lip was cut and a bruise on his cheek....but Lance still looked beautiful.