20.

Trevor

Everytime Trevor's alarm went off, he would quickly lift himself up, but then he would sink back into bed when he remembered Lance, Bruce and the bet.

"I hate my life so much right now," Trevor groaned into his pillow

This was how it had been ever since he took that money from Bruce. His mom had even noticed how calm and somewhat distant ; almost depressed he looked whenever he was going to school. He once thought about lying and calling in sick, but he remembered his mother was a doctor and she would know he was lying straight away.

Trevor finally made his way out of the house and into his car,driving straight to Lisa's house to pick her up.

"Hey Babe," Lisa smiled sweetly, as she dropped into the passenger seat beside Trevor and kissed him.

"Morning, sunshine," Trevor replied as he pulled back with a smile after they kissed. "What's up?"

"Good," Lisa shrugged at him before she dug into her backpack to search for something. "Can we stop over at Blinley's for coffee?"

"Why?" Trevor asked as he reached over and twisted the key. "Didn't get enough sleep last night?"

"It's not that." Lisa replied as she pulled down the mirror above her, rolled on some lip gloss on her beautiful lips, raised the mirror back and looked over at Trevor with tired eyes. "It's just...I don't know...I just feel less energetic today, you know, and we've got cheerleading practice after school, so I'm going to need all the strength I can get."

Trevor gave her a kind smile before he reached down and patted her laps then he pulled in to kiss her again. "You'll be fine," he said, before they drove off.

They both stopped over at Blinley's for coffee. Trevor got a regular for Lisa and a Cappuccino for himself. The teens settled back into the car, dropping the filled up disposable cups beside them. Trevor reached over and turned on the radio and immediately turned up the volume when he heard the song "What can I do" by The Corrs. He turned it up and looked up Lisa in time to see her frown at him.

"What?" Trevor raised his shoulders.

"What the hell is this?" Lisa asked with a mocking smile on her face as she pointed to the radio. "How old are you, fifty?"

"Come on Lisa," Trevor chuckled as he started the car and began moving out of the parking lot. "It's the Corrs, everyone loves The Corrs."

"Yeah, sure," Lisa replied as she rolled her eyes and dug into her pocket for her phone. "Everyone born in the seventies."

Trevor moved his wide eyes to her and coughed out a laugh. "Excuse me?"

Lisa gave him a death stare as she reached over and pressed a button that made the song stop. Then she reached over and grabbed a USB cord from the pigeon hole, connected on end to her phone before she kept swiping at the screen.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he darted his eyes between the road and his girlfriend.

Without looking up at him, Lisa replied, "You're eighteen, Trevor. You should be listening to songs...." Then she paused and then like clockwork, "New Romantics" by Taylor Swift, began to boom through the interior of the car. Trevor glared at Lisa. ".....like these," Lisa finally completed her sentence with a smirk.

He watched her for a while as she moved her head and snapped her fingers to the rhythm of the song. Singing the lyrics ever so loudly and happily. He loved seeing her this way; happy, lively and without a care in the world, but he still did not like Taylor Swift anyway, just like she didn't like The Corrs, so they were even. Sometimes, Trevor felt odd. He felt a bit different, not just from his girl friend, but his friends entirely. Lisa wasn't the only one that disapproved of his choice of music. Nadia and Caleb still call him grandpa till this day ever since they found songs from Phil Collins, Celine Dion, Michael Bolton and Shania Twain in his Ipod back in nineth grade. He would always defend himself and tell them he had a mature taste in music compared to them. Trevor then smiled when he remembered Bruce's response.