34.

Lance

The next day at school, Lance was picking a text book from his locker in preparation for his next class when suddenly, someone knocked the book out of his hands. Lance looked up and saw Bruce and Aaron smirking at him.

"What's up fairy?" Bruce snickered.

Lance narrowed his eyes at them and decided to ignore. He then squatted to pick his book up, but Bruce was faster. Bruce snatched the book away from Lance's reach before he could take it.

Lance got to his feet and glared at Bruce. "Bruce." Lance warned.

"So when is your first date with Bowman anyway?" Aaron asked.

"Fuck you." Lance spat as he reached for his book, but Bruce kept stretching it away from his reach.

"Oh come on Lance," Bruce went on as he kept moving the book away from Lance. "We know it's a dream come true for you to tutor Trevor."

Lance suddenly grabbed Bruce by the collar and slammed him against the locker. "Shut up and give me my book Bruce!" Lance growled through his teeth.

Bruce quickly pushed Lance away from him with a look of disgust on his face. "Get off me you faggot!"

Lance staggered backwards and glared at Bruce through hooded eyes. He felt his blood boil in his veins as he clenched his fist. He didn't see any reason not to kick Bruce's ass right now. Some students were staring in in the hall way and some peeping out of thier classroom doors at what was going on. Lance saw Lenny and Stephanie not too far behind Bruce and Aaron.

"You ever touch me again?" Bruce snarled. "I'll break your fucking neck."

Lance was about to spit out a reply when Trevor's voice cut him off. "I'd like to see you try."

Lance turned and saw Trevor walking towards the scene with his eyes trained on Bruce and Aaron. He moved up to Bruce until he was face to face with him.

"Oh look," Aaron cooed as he placed his hand on his chest and feigned fright. "It's Lance's Knight in shinning armour."

Lance said nothing. He just kept glaring at Aaron.

"Give Lance his book back, Bruce," Trevor's voice was calm and menacing as he looked into Bruce's eyes.

"Or what?" Bruce smirked as he moved his eye from Lance to Trevor.

"Or we'll have get into another fight out here again and end up in the principal's office afterwards." Trevor hissed. "I'm pretty sure you don't want that."

Bruce looked furious as he clenched his fists and moved his eyes to a speechless Lance and then back to Trevor again, before he dropped the book to the floor.

"You're disgusting," Bruce spat. He turned and walked away with Aaron following right behind him.

Lance watched as Trevor picked up the book and turned to face him. He walked up to Lance and placed the book against Lance's chest, before he walked off without even looking at Lance or saying a word to him.

Lance stood at the same spot for almost a minute after everything had happened. Once again, Trevor had defended him and worst of all, he did not even care if Lance appreciated it or not.

For the rest of that day, Lance kept watching Trevor closely. His curiosity was at its peak now. Lance watched as Trevor ate alone at a table during lunch break and his friends kept snickering with thier eyes on him; obviously gossiping about him.

Afterwards, in Chemistry class, Trevor was the only one at his table. He didn't have a partner. Lance had finished his work and watched as Trevor struggled to put up his apparatus. He had not even started. Lance heard a group of people laughing and suddenly knew he wasn't the only one watching Trevor. He looked back and saw Caleb with a smile on his face and the African American girl whom Aaron dated. Lance didn't know her name, but she had her hand over her mouth, obviously laughing at Trevor.