38.

Lance

Lance kept his eye on Trevor as he approached his table. The confidence with which he strutted was somewhat annoying, but Lance liked it, and that seemed to surprise him. It also surprised him that he found Trevor's outfit to be quite...nice. It was a far cry from the annoying blue and white KHS jackets that he and his friends always wore. Lance seemed to like the weekend version of Trevor better. In his white t-shirt and blue cargo pants that stopped just above his knee, Lance couldn't deny Bowman was looking good, but there was no way in hell he was going to tell the retard that, was he?

When Trevor was close enough,he darted his eyes to Lance and Lance quickly looked away and hoped Trevor didn't catch him staring.

"What's up?" Trevor uttered as he dropped to the seat beside Lance.

Lance ignored his greeting as usual. He just reached into his bag and pulled out an Algebra textbook and a notebook and carefully placed them on the table.

"First lesson...," Lance began, before he raised his serious eyes to meet Trevor's blue eyes. "...Quadratic Equations."

Lance started the lesson by explaining the concept of the topic to Trevor. Then he went on to solve some problems for Trevor, before giving him a few to solve by himself.

Lance concentrated on his Geography book while Trevor was solving the equations he had given him. After a few minutes of silence with Trevor whispering and mumbling Xs, Ys and numbers in concentration, Lance fought the urge to turn and tell him to keep quiet. He then saw Trevor look up at him from the side of his eye. Lance kept his eyes on his book but he wasn't reading anymore, he just kept wondering why Trevor was staring at him. Did Trevor know that he could see him from the side of his eye?

Lance quickly turned and faced Trevor without even thinking and he was slightly shocked at the fact the Trevor was still staring at him. He did not even flinch, neither did he look nervous. He just kept his curious blue eyes on Lance.

"What?" Lance scowled at him.

"Are you really gay?"

Lance raised his brows. "Excuse me?"

"Are you really gay?" Trevor repeated slowly this time.

Lance gave him a deadpan stare. "What the hell does that have to do with Quadratic equations?"

Trevor held himself from rolling his eyes before he looked over his shoulder and round the hall, then kept his blue eyes on Lance again. "Come on dude," Trevor whispered and smirked. "It's a simple question. Are you really gay or not?"

Lance kept staring into Trevor's eyes for three seconds, before he shook his head in amusement and faced his book. This dude was truly a retard.

"So is that a 'Yes' or a 'No'?" Lance heard Trevor ask. At that moment, Lance wanted to turn and face the idiot and scream at him to shut the fuck up. He felt his grip tighten on his pen as he seethed. This was why he always liked being on his own. This is why he hated associating with people; especially people within his age group like Trevor.

When Lance ignored him, Trevor finally gave up and took his concentration back to his work.

About an hour and twenty three minutes went buy, before Trevor uttered, "I'm done."

Lance turned to him and sighed. "Finally."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Trevor asked in apprehension.

"I gave you four of the simplest problems for beginners and it took you almost two hours to finish...." Lance mumbled as he picked up Trevor's notebook and studied it, before he looked up at him with one brow raised. "...that's really disappointing."

Trevor flashed him a glare just before Lance turned to his table and pulled out a red marker from the pocket of his shorts. Lance was about to go through Trevor's work when Trevor spoke again.

"Do you find me attractive?"

Lance froze. He looked up and stared into the space before him, thinking he had lost his mind and started hearing Voices at that second. He turned his wide eyes to Trevor who was smirking at him mischievously.

"What?"

"Do you think i'm hot?" Trevor wiggled his brows at Lance.

Lance looked back at the space before him. He couldn't explain it, but for some reason, he was deprived of his senses. He couldn't laugh, he couldn't speak and he sure as hell couldn't answer Trevor's question. Lance had not been this confused about anything in a long time. If anyone else had asked him this question, the response would have been easy; either he punched the hell out of them, he told them to fuck off or he would probably laugh his ass off. But not in this case, not for Trevor. Why?

Lance looked at Trevor again and saw him observing him with curiosity and a dirty smile on his face. His eyes a piercing blue, his full brows furrowed, his pink lips drawn and a strand of his blond hair hanging over his forehead.

"Well?" Trevor uttered again.

Lance suddenly felt a knot tighten in his stomach. He held the edge of his table when he felt his heart beginning to race and his breathing begin to quicken.

Oh fuck.

It was happening again.

Lance pulled his bag and started to search for his pills, but they weren't in there. Lance swallowed, raised his face up from his bag and slowly closed his eyes as he tried to calm himself.

"Wow," Lance heard Trevor chuckle. "Someone is uncomfortable."

He opened his eyes and turned to Trevor with a hard glare, but Trevor didn't seem to care; or rather, he did not even know what was happening.

"I have to go." Lance spat as he started to stuff his bag with his books.

"Oh thank God," Trevor sighed in relief before he glanced at Lance and saw how

"Hey..." Trevor's features turned serious as he observed Lance. "Dude, you okay?"

"I-I'm fine." Lance stuttered as he got up and slammed a piece of paper right infront of Trevor. "Solve exercises one, three and five. Pages one-one -two till one-one -four. See you on Monday."

"Hey, wait a second." Trevor called out in a somewhat heavy whisper as he darted his eyes from the paper before him up to Lance. "What about the work I did today, how do I know the-."

"We'll do the corrections on Monday," Lance said to him, before he quickly hurried away from the booth he and Trevor shared.

As Lance hurried towards the entrance, he felt his heart still racing and his breath still quick, but he knew it would get better the further he got from that Asshole.

Lance could feel Trevor's eyes on his back as he kept walking away, but he did not care. For some reason, Trevor had caused him a panic attack. No human being had ever asked Lance a question that made him panic before.

None.