87.

The next day, the science quiz team made up of Lenny, Stephanie and their colleagues; Keith and Tessa, were hanging out during a private study session at the Chemistry lab.

"Stephanie, what is the atomic number of Calcium?" Keith asked.

"Twenty."

"That is Correct," Keith said.

"Lenny, Define the word.... 'Allotrope'?

Lenny paused and stared into space, trying to remember the answer to the question.

"Chill," he said as he tapped the table in urgency. "I know this one."

"Ten seconds, Lenny," Tessa warned.

Lenny turned and scowled at her. "Shut up, you're distracting me."

Tessa rolled her eyes away from him. "Yeah, right."

"Dude, answer the question," Keith uttered.

"Uhm-an Allotrope is a-uhm-," Lenny started to snap his fingers in quick succession as he tried to cook up a definition. "It's-uhm-"

Stephanie shook her head and pinched the bridge of her nose. "They're going to rape us all in this competition," she sighed.

"Shhh!" Lenny turned and uttered to Stephanie. "You're distracting me."

Tessa slammed the table three times and pointed to Lenny. "Sorry Lenny," she yelled in his face. "Your time is up!"

Lenny threw his hands up in frustration and brought them back down again. "Well that's because you guys could not be quiet enough for me to think. You were all distra-"

"Oh shut the hell up Lenny," Stephanie fired. "They've asked you six questions today and you've been able to answer just two." Stephanie brought two of her fingers to his face. "Just two!"

Lenny rolled his eyes, walked away from her and moved towards the water-dispenser at the corner of the lab.

Stephanie was getting on his nerves.

"So-eh-I guess it's safe to say we're not ready" Keith looked up to them and raised a brow.

"Yep," Tessa nodded. "We definitely need more time."

Stephanie turned to Tessa and was almost groaning. "Tess, we have five days. It on Monday next week, and Lenny doesn't even know what an Allotrope is."

"Hey come on," Lenny called from across the room. "Will you relax? It's no big deal. I just wasn't concentrating because you guys were talking a lot, that's all."

"Oh my God, Lenny," Stephanie hissed with rage as she spun and moved towards Lenny as if she wanted to smack his face. "You're a straight A student for Christ sake. Look for another excuse."

"Dude," Keith chuckled. "Half, if not the entire town, is going to be there. You think you'll be able concentrate with all that noise?"

"Exactly," Tessa spat as she glared at Lenny

Lenny opened his mouth to protest, but when he looked down and saw the way Stephanie was still glaring at him, he thought otherwise. "Fine," he gave in. "I'll work harder."

"Thank you!" Stephanie yelled at him, frustrated.

"You're welcome!" Lenny yelled back.

Tessa threw her head back in laughter before she looked back at them. "You guys are nuts."

There was a knock on the classroom door that made everyone turn.

"Go away!" Tessa yelled. "We're busy!"