53.

"What are you doing here?" Trevor hissed through his teeth before he glanced back into the house to see if his mother was still in the kitchen.

"We've got tutorials today," Lance smirked mischievously. "...remember?"

"Yes, but-"

"Trevor?" Trevor's mother cut him off as she yelled from the kitchen. "Who's at the door honey?"

"Uhm..No-"

"Morning Mrs Bowman!" Lance yelled, interrupting Trevor again. Lance tried to walk past Trevor and get into the house but Trevor stopped him by pressing his hands against his chest.

"Don't even think about it," Trevor glared .

"Lance?" Trevor heard his mother's voice and turned to see her coming out of the dinning area while cleaning her hands with a napkin. "Is that you?"

Trevor turned and faced an equally puzzled Lance. The both of them were obviously perplexed at the fact that Trevor's mum still remembered his name and voice so well.

"Hey Mrs Bowman," Lance smiled as he finally walked into the house.

"Oh sweetie," Mrs bowman said, as she hurried up to him with her arms wide open and locked him in a warm embrace.

Lance went stiff. This was way too awkward. He didn't know whether to hug her back or not, so he just placed a hand on her back. He looked at Trevor and saw that he was seething.

Trevor just stood there, wondering what was going on. His mother had only seen Lance once in her life before today, and now here she was, treating and welcoming him with such affection. It was as if Lance was one of her patients or something, and did she just call him 'sweetie'?

Mrs Bowman pulled away and observed Lance with a kind smile before she placed her palm on his cheek. "How are you?" She asked.

Lance was beginning to look apprehensive. "I-I'm good."

"..and your mum?" She asked as she pulled away from him completely, but still kept her eyes on him. "How is she?"

"Good," Lance nodded.

Mrs Bowman nodded and then faced her son. "Well then," she said. "I guess I'll have to make breakfast big enough for three."

Lance raised his hands as if in surrender as he shook his head. "That wouldn't be nec-."

"No need," Trevor cut him off and then moved his cold glare from his mother to Lance. "He's not staying long."

Lance slowly turned to look at Trevor with furrowed brows. Mrs Bowman face fell with disappointment as she looked away from Trevor and faced Lance.

"Oh...Oh dear," she said. "That's too bad."

Lance looked away from Trevor and raised his finger. "On second thought," he said before he looked back at Trevor with a malicious smile. "Breakfast wouldn't be such a bad idea."

Lance held himself from laughing when he saw the way Trevor narrowed his eyes at him.

"Great," Mrs Bowman clapped her palms together, before she hurried and disappeared into the kitchen.

Trevor watched his mother walk into the kitchen, before he stepped to block Lance. "I thought weekend tutorials were at the library downtown?" Trevor hissed with a seething rage.

Lance turned to him with a smirk and a raised brow. "It was," he said. "But apparently, your neanderthal friends made a bad impression the last time we were there, remember?"

Trevor looked confused, but still angry. "What are you talking about?"

Lance exhaled and rolled his eyes. "Your buddies got us kicked out of the Library after thier act the last time, Trevor," his tone was serious now. "I went into the library today, the librarian recognised me and said I shouldn't come in. She said I've been banned. We've been banned."