49.

Trevor

That same day at soccer practice, the boys were in the locker room getting ready and Trevor could see Lance stealing glances at him as he laced his boots. Trevor was somewhat overwhelmed by the attention he seemed to be getting from Lance recently. Ever since his father scolded him about failing Algebra right infront of Lance of all people, he has not felt the same.

He even thought of calling Lance up that Saturday night to end thier study sessions; saying that he didn't need it anymore, but he wouldn't pass Algebra that way now, would he?

Trevor looked over at Lance just as Lance looked away and started to walk towards the entrance. Since that Saturday, he felt stripped right infront of Lance. He felt completely naked now that Lance knew everything about him, well, almost everything. It felt weird to think that Lance would never see him as the same again. There were things that Lance could use against him now if they ever got into a fight and yes, Lance was the type of person that could do that shit because he lived to cause people like Trevor pain. Trevor hated the entire situation so much. He didn't want to go for thier next session after that Saturday and even when he did, he had made up his mind that he wasn't going to suck up to Lance in anyway. If the dude said shit, he would punch him straight in the face without caring how far he had gone in this bet. Even during the session that day, Trevor could feel Lance's eyes on him through out. He thought of confronting him, but he thought he would let Lance make the first move, but he did not.

He finished his work and submitted it and when he saw the smile on Lance's face when he told him that he had gotten three out of the four questions correct, and he suddenly knew that what Lance felt for him was pure pity.

Fuck.

Lance Tiffin, feeling sorry for him, Trevor Bowman. Trevor felt his stomach turn when he remembered he had another session with him later today. He didn't know how, but somehow, his father had made it a little bit more difficult for him to win this fucking bet.

"Hey, Trev. You okay man?" Caleb's voice pulled Trevor back to reality.

Trevor looked in Caleb's questioning green eyes and blinked rapidly . "Huh?...Uhm yeah," he stuttered. "Yeah..i-i'm fine."

"Come man,Coach is waiting for us on the field," Caleb said as he tapped his shoulder. "Let's go."

"Sure."

Trevor wanted to moves, but Caleb stopped him again and darted his eyes to the entrance and back to Trevor. "Say eh...can I ask you something real quick?" Caleb asked.

Trevor's brows furrows before he raised his hands to his hips. "Sure," he said. "What's up?"

Caleb glanced at the entrance again and then looked at the floor below him. "That...ehm....that Stephanie girl..." Caleb said.

Trevor tilted his head to the side as confusion filled his features. "Stephanie?" He asked. "Who's Stephanie?"

Caleb looked up at him. "You know," He said, looking a bit exhausted at the fact that he had to describe her to him. "Red hair, large glasses,.....big mouth."

After Trevor thought for a while, he turned to Caleb. "Oooh," he said with realisation as he smiled at his buddy and wiggled his brows. "You mean Stephanie."

"Stop it," Caleb rolled his eyes. "Please."

"What do you want to know?"

"You take many classes with her since you are in science and all," Caleb said as he looked at the entrance and looked back at him. "What's she like?"

Trevor smiled and shrugged at his friend. "I honestly don't know Bro," he said. "Most of the girls in science are kind of lame."

Caleb frowned. "Nadia isn't that lame."

Trevor chuckled. "Yeah right whatever," he said as he began to move towards the entrance while pulling Caleb with him. "Come on let's go before coach kicks our asses."

Lance

Coach had divided them into teams of five a usual and once again, Trevor and Lance were on the same team. Bruce was the captain of his team and Bruce was the leader of his.

"Your defence Trevor! check your defence!" Coach kept yelling. "Dante! what the hell are you doing out there? stop kicking like a girl and play ball, come on!"

Trevor passed the ball to another teammate before running up to the penalty box. "I'm Open! I'm open! Trevor yelled.

The other player was about to take a shot in Trevor's direction, but he was suddenly tackled by one of Bruce's team-mates. Although he couldn't pass the ball to Trevor anymore, he was still in possession.

"Here!" Lance's voice called from behind the boy and he quickly spun and saw Lance waving his hands as he was running towards the post. "Over here!"

The boy took the shot before the ball was finally trapped by Lance. As Lance raced towards the penalty box, he saw Trevor drop his shoulders and he knew why. Lance made it to the box and immediately saw Dante waiting to tackle him with a smirk on his face.

"Where do you think you're going, queer?" Dante snickered. "You know you can't score."

Lance paused and glared at Dante, trying very hard not to take a heavy shot at his crouch. Lance then looks to Trevor and notices that he is open and also the closest to the post. He looked back at Peter and smiled before he blew him a kiss just to rile him.

Dante's face hardened in response to Lance's gesture and then he charged for Lance, but Lance is way ahead of him.

"Trevor! Your goal!" Lance yelled before giving a powerful shot in Trevor's direction.

Trevor trapped the ball and aimed for the post. The keeper hurried towards him, but wasn't fast enough. Trevor gave out a powerful shot towards the net before any of his opponents could reach him.

"Goal!" all the boys roared and yelled as they all hurried and ruffled Trevor's hair. Lance saw Trevor jog back into the field and for two seconds, he glanced of at him. Lance didn't know how to respond, but before he could think of anything, Trevor mind was back on the game.

The game ended Three goals to two with Trevor's team in the lead. "Nice game boys!" the coach clapped as he gathered everyone at the end of the practice. He had said he had an announcement.

"We've got a major match coming up," he announced then paused and looked at them individually before he went on. "...against Westley High."

"What?" Peter and Dante exclaimed before the looked at each other. Bruce just threw his head backwards with a laughter that seemed to say 'This can not be happening'.

"Aw hell nah," Aaron groaned.

Lance said nothing. He just turned and looked at everyone around him groaning and swearing before he turned towards the coach with a smirk on his face. Kentworth had not beaten Westley for five in any football match. The Westley players were so brutal, they even came close to winning the state championship last year. Kentworth had not even made it out of the qualifying stage.

Coach then went on to assure the boys that our set and team was going to be the one that was going to break the jinx. He told us that we were going to make training more rigorous and more intense.

"We're gonna beat these clowns!" coach cheered and the boys all roared in response; punching thier fists in the air.

After a while, the gathering dispersed. Everyone was heading for the locker room now and Lance followed.

Lance suddenly felt some grab his shoulder before he spun around and felt his heart skip when he saw Trevor smiling at him.

"Nice game, Lance," Trevor patted Lance's shoulder with a smile on his face before he hurried past him with Caleb right beside him.

Lance slowed down his pace as he kept his eyes on Trevor. He felt fulfilled for some reason, and happy that Trevor had acknowledged his contribution.

He was so lost in the thought of Trevor's compliment, that he didn't notice the smile that slowly appeared on his face as he kept his eyes on Trevor.