86.

It was Monday.

Trevor and his friends were gathered at the cafeteria like always. They had English earlier and had just finished Algebra; a course that did well to remind him of Lance.

Trevor and Lance were meant to have a study session that saturday, but after what transpired at the lake on Friday night; the night of Bruce's birthday party, Trevor was sceptical about Lance showing up.

Throughout that day, Trevor had been checking his phone for a missed call or at least a message from Lance. He was expecting an explanation from Lance and that was really stupid.

Even though seeing Lance cry had sickened him to tears, he had convinced himself that he had done nothing wrong. Even when he sat there in his car, driving Lisa back to her house, and the sight of a crying Lance flashed in his head, and guilt was tearing through him, he still managed to convince himself that he did nothing wrong.

Lisa was his girlfriend and she needed him. He had to go. That's why it was perplexing to Trevor, why he checked his phone for missed calls or messages from Lance when he woke up this morning.

He was even more worried at the fact that he had not seen Lance in school today at all; not even at Algebra.

The group was locked in a conversation about how it sucked that their final exams were in two weeks and that they also had to worry about the tedious cheerleading and football practice for the upcoming friendly match with McKinley high school.

"We've got a four hour practice today after school," Aaron whined and looked at Nadia. "Can you believe that? Four!"

"Tell me about it," Lisa added. "My ankles are already killing me. Thanks to that routine Mrs. Keller introduced at the last minute."

"Girl," Nadia uttered in frustration. "That shit is hard."

"I honestly don't know how we are going to learn that move without breaking every bone in our body," Megan said without even looking up from her phone.

"We could just forfeit," Nadia shrugged as she pulled a slice of tomato from the middle of her burger and threw it into her mouth.

Lisa rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right."

"Guys come on," Caleb said. "These are our final days in High school. We should just stop complaining and make the most of it."

"Nigga please," Aaron spat. "If I could leave this shit-hole today, I would."

Nadia and Lisa threw their heads back in laughter as Caleb chuckled while shaking his head.

Nadia then looked up at him for a while and then her eyes widened as if she had remembered something. "Oh, before I forget," she gasped slightly. "..school campaign from Prom king and queen starts today."

"Now that's what I'm really excited about," Bruce snickered and turned his mischievous eyes to Trevor. "Prom."

Lisa rolled her eyes and sighed. "Oh God."

Nadia chuckled in response to Lisa's gesture. "Don't worry girl," she said. "It will all be over soon."

"Hey. Trev. Saw Lance getting in your car on the night of Bruce's birthday after they beat his gay ass up," Aaron said with a puzzled look on his face. "What was that about?"

When Trevor heard that question, he felt his stomach tighten with apprehension. He saw Lisa turn to face him from the side of his eyes and suddenly felt his mouth go dry.

Trevor looked over at Bruce who still had that condescending smile on his face and then he looked back to Aaron who was obviously waiting for an answer.