74.

Lance

Lance walked into the bar and held himself from throwing up. The place was filled with people; students mostly. There were some faces he couldn't recognise, but hey, it occurred to him that some of the students may have made french friends of thier own.

He looked to the side and saw three girls dancing together. Behind them, a boy and a girl were also dancing, but the difference was, they were kissing. They looked like they would probably have sex right there on the dance floor.

There were no disco lights like the club Jacques had invited him to a few days earlier; it was just a bar after all, but the sound of the music blasting from the decks were so loud. The way the bar men handed out beers to the kids seemed to surprise him, until he remembered this was Europe, and not the U.S.A. He made his way to the bar man at the counter whom he thought was quite handsome. As Lance approached, the bar man turned and gave him a polite smile.

"que puis-je vous obtenir?" He asked in one of the sexiest voices Lance had ever heard.

Lance eyed the bartender flirtatiously.

"Oui," he said. "Toi."

The bartender looked away from Lance and chuckled. He looked shy. Lance saw that smile on his face and the thought of dumping his family and moving to France flashed in his mind. He was becoming intrigued by the men in this country.

He had met Jacques, an incredibly hot guy that liked both guys and girls. And now, the bartender. Lance had just flirted with him and he was flattered. Lance knew for a fact that he was straight, but yet, he seemed flattered. Back home, Lance would probably get his ass kicked if he tried it with a straight guy.

"Budweiser?" The bartender's voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Okay." The bartender reached down, pulled out a cold bottle of Budweiser beer and handed it out to Lance.

"Merci," Lance winked at the bartender.

The bartender smiled at him again before he left and attended to another customer.

Lance stood up from the stool and moved away from the counter and into the section of the bar with tables. He scanned the whole place for a place to seat, they were all taken.

Shit.

Why did he come here anyway? He looked to the side for one second and suddenly felt the universe throw him an answer when he caught Trevor and Lisa walk through the door. Lance felt his heart skip a bit and it annoyed him slightly.

Trevor scanned the area with a exciting smile on his face. The smile slowly faded the moment his eyes landed on Lance in the corner.

Lance suddenly become confused. He wanted to turn away, but he couldn't. As Trevor's eyes stayed on him, he threw Trevor a nervous smile.

"Yo Trev!" Aaron called from the table at the corner. "Over here!"

Trevor turned away, found Aaron, threw his hands over Lisa's shoulder and walked towards the table his friends were. It was as if he had forgotten Lance was still standing there.

Lance couldn't find an empty table, so he had to settle for an empty seat. He took a gulp of his beer and spotted one table with a couple sitting there. There were five seats round the table but the guy and the girl just occupied two. Lance shrugged and made his way over.

"Hey," Lance said in a feigned friendliness. "What's up?"

He knew what would happen next and he was prepared. The boy and the girl turned to him and scowled. Then they looked back at each other before they both stood up, took thier drinks and walked away. Lance kept his eyes on his beer on the table as he chuckled.