152.

Lenny sat at the steps that led to the school entrance. He looked into his wrist watch.

"10:45pm."

No wonder that night was beginning to get so chilly. He looked out at the parking lot and realised it was still filled up. Some students preferred to stay outside than go inside. But he didn't want to just stay outside. He wanted the party to be done, and then his friends could come out and he could just go home.

He then remembered the look on Lisa's face when he told her how he felt about her.

"How could I have been so stupid?" Lenny thought to himself. What was he even thinking? That someone like Lisa Watson was actually going to fall for him? 

Lenny suddenly started to laugh at himself.

"What's so funny?" A familiar voice asked from behind.

Lenny spun and saw Lisa standing behind him and immediately jumped to his feet.

"Li-Lisa," he stuttered as she tried to find his footing.

Lisa stared at him for a while, before she gently came down the steps. "I was looking for you," she said. "Before the wierd Chinese boy told me you were out here."

Lenny was lost in thought for a moment, before he smiled and replied, "Oh, that's uhm.....that's Keith. He's Japanese ..... actually."

"Cool," she shrugged as though she didn't care.

They remained silent for a while, before Lisa spoke again. "Why aren't you inside, partying?"

Lenny looked at her and suddenly realised something. "Whe-where is your crown?"

Lisa turned to him with a smirk. "I asked first."

Lenny looked to the floor and back at her. "Nothing," he shrugged. "I just wasn't..... comfortable in there anymore."

"Was it because you said you loved me?"

Lenny shot his head up and met her curious eyes on him. He couldn't hold it anymore.

"Lisa, look," he began. "I understand that you're way out of my league. And so I would perfectly understand if we-"

"Woah," Lisa raised a hand to stop him. "Way out of your league, what do you mean?"

Lenny adjusted his glasses and exhaled; looking pretty uncomfortable. "Well, you know what I mean."

"No I don't."

"Look, just forget, okay?" Lenny replied flippantly.

Lisa then came close to him. "But I don't want to."

Lenny turned and saw how close Lisa was to him, he suddenly felt his heart beat fast. He heard her reply, but he didn't know what to say, and so, he thought repeating his question would be wise.

"You still haven't told me where your crown is," he asked.

Lisa sighed and looked away. "I don't have one."

"I don't understand."

"I renounced it," Lisa spat. "Okay?"

"Oh," Lenny uttered.

And the awkward silence followed once more.

"Well," Lenny began. "I don't think you need it anyway."

Lisa looked at him.

"You're beautiful," he said. "With or without the crown."

Lisa stared at him for a while, before she moved forward and pulled him in for a kiss.