28.

Trevor

"You sneaked out on me last night," Trevor gave Lisa a dirty smirk as he started the car and moved down her driveway. Lisa said nothing in return. She just smirked back and him and pulled out her mirror from her bag, before she started applying he lip gloss.

Lisa had stayed over at Trevor's house last night and when he woke up this morning, he was surprised to see her side of the bed was empty. He quickly picked up his phone and called her.

"I had to get ready for school," she had said.

"Oh."

"Pick me up in twenty minutes," She said and dropped the Phone before Trevor could even reply. So, he got up, took a bath, and got dressed. He headed down stairs and made himself a cup of coffee and a sandwich before racing towards the door. He found his mum practically passed out of the three seater Couch with her mouth open and shoes still on. She must have been really exhausted because she was still in her scrubs with her ID card hanging down her neck. Trevor stared at her for a while and wondered how his father could have been so stupid as to let such a beautiful creature go. He blonde hair was tied in a ponytail and her make and lipstick were still in good shape. Her chest rose and fell with every breath she took and even from where he was standing, Trevor could inhale the soft and pure scent of her lavender perfume. Trevor raised his wrist to his view and looked into his watch, and realised he didn't have time. He leaned forward and gave his other a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Love you Mum," he whispered before he hurried out of the door.

"Hello?" Trevor heard Lisa's voice as he saw her hand moving up and down infront of his face. "Hello? Earth to Trevor!"

Trevor blinked rapidly and turned to face his confused girlfriend. "What," he said, as he darted his eyes between Lisa and the road ahead. "I'm here, i'm here."

Lisa pursed her lips. "Sure you are."

Trevor chuckled.

"So," she began. "I heard you've got a new tutor now."

Trevor turned to face her and saw her smiling at him mischievously before he rolled his eyes back to the road. "That's if Lance agrees to it," Trevor said.

"Oh come on," Lisa rolled her eyes. "This is a different situation. Mr. Decker is involved now. He won't have any choice but to oblige."

Trevor chuckled. "You don't know Lance," the words just dropped from Trevor's mouth. After he had spoken, he immediately realised the awkwardness of his utterance and hoped Lisa didn't notice notice it too. He turned and her sliding through pictures on her phone; obviously oblivious to what he had just said. Trevor heaved a somewhat internal sigh of relief.

He faced forward and suddenly remembered something. "Hey," he began with a smile. "You won't believe what happened after soccer practice yesterday."

Without even looking up at him and away from her phone, Lisa asked, "What?"

Trevor then told her everything. From how an angry and Furious Lance had matched up to him and yelled at him infront of his friends to how he and his friends mocked and made fun of him.

"It was hilarious," Trevor laughed. He wondered why Lisa wasn't laughing along as he expected before he turned to face her and was shocked to meet her astonished eyes on him.

"Trevor," Lisa shifted to face him well. "What do you think you are doing?"

Trevor was confused. He couldn't think of anything he could have said that would have upset her. "Wha-What do you mean?" He stuttered.

"Do you want to win this bet or not?" Lisa hissed through her teeth.

Trevor coughed out a laugh. "I don't really have a choice now," he uttered. "Do I?"

"Exactly," Lisa leaned in closer. "So why are you making fun of him."

Trevor darted his confused eyes from the road to Lisa and back to the road again. "I don't understand," he said.

"You're supposed to make this guy trust so that this bet can work. He is not going to trust you if you keep making fun of him, Trevor," Lisa said before she turned her eyes back to the road and gold her arms on her chest.

Trevor looked over at her and wondered why she was so upset about this.

"I was the one who put you in this mess," Lisa started,as if she was answering him telepathically. "The least I could do is make sure this is less difficult for you until you get this over with."

Trevor could now understand what she was feeling. It was guilt. He remembered she had not even taken the Prom dress from him even after she had forgiven him for giving into the bet. He looked over at her again as she kept her eyes on the road. He could tell she was far away even if she was in the car with him.

He reached out and places his large hands on her laps. Lisa then turned and looked at her boyfriend smiling at her.

"It's okay," he said.

Lisa smiled and turned back to my the wide screen and so did Trevor, with his hands still on her laps. As he turned into the school drive way, he couldn't but think how correct Lisa was. He had to be serious with all this. He had to get serious with this bet. No sentiments whatsoever.