118.

Trevor’s mum was in the sitting room watching TV when she heard three quick knocks on the door.

“I’ll get it!” Trevor yelled and hurried down the stairs just as she spun. She spun back to face the TV again and heard laughter and greetings.

“Trevor?” She called her eyes still on the TV. “Who’s at the door.”

She heard the door slam shut and then turned in time to see Lance walking into the living room, holding his little sister with smiles on their faces.

“Hey Mrs. Bowman,” Lance gave a curt nod.

A smile grew across her face as her eyes darted from Lance to his little sister, and then back to him. “Lance,” she stood to her feet and hugged him. “How are you?”

“Good.”

She pulled back and let her eyes move down his body. “And how’s your Mum?”

“She’s great.”

She then turned to Molly and squatted before her. “Hey Molly,” she smiled kindly. “How are you?”

“Fine,” the little girl smiled back.

“Still getting those tummy aches?”

“No,” Molly shook her head. “Not anymore.”

“Wonderful.” Mrs. Bowman reached down and pinched her cheeks gently before getting up to her feet. She looked at Trevor and Lance and sighed. “Well, I guess I’ll be going to my room. I presume you boys would want the entire living room to youselves.”

Lance and Trevor exchanged nervous glances, before Trevor looked at his mother.

“Actually, Uhm..Mum,” he raised his hands to rub the back of his neck. “We were thinking of going out.”

Mrs. Bowman raised her brows to the both of them and crossed her hands on her chest. “Oh?” she uttered. “Where?”

Lance and Trevor looked over at each other again and then Lance spoke this time. “Fantasyland,” he uttered. “And we decided to take Molly along.”

Mrs. Bowman’s brows came together. “Fantasyland?” she awed. “That’s almost two miles out of town.”

“Yeah, Mum. We know,” Trevor sighed.

“We’ll be safe, we promise,” Lance added.

Trevor’s mother exhaled and kept her eyes on the both of them. She looked down at Molly and looked up at them again. She pulled out a hand and pointed at Molly in the middle of their two enormous forms. “Make sure she’s safe, boys,” she warned. “I mean it.”

“We will,” both boys said in unison with smiles of relief on their faces.

Mrs. Bowman then made her way upstairs after telling Trevor she would be working a night shift tonight and that whenever he came, he knew were the key was.

“Wait,” Lance paused the moment they got outside. He looked round the drive way, and then looked up at Trevor. “Where’s your car?”

“Mechanic,” Trevor replied as he fiddled with his phone.

Lance’s eyes bulged. “Are you fu-,” he paused and looked down at his sister, before he moved closer to Trevor and whispered heavily. “Are fucking serious right now?”

Trevor scowled at him. “Would you relax?”

“How the hell are we supposed to get to the bloody park, Trevor?”

Trevor raised his phone and waved it infront of Lance with a smirk on his face. “Uber, bitch.”

Lance pulled back slowly with a glare while holding down a laugh at the same time and Trevor just stood there laughing at him.

About forty minutes later, there were already at Fantasyland.

“Jeez,” Trevor uttered as his eyes wandered with the awe and wonder of a child. “I can’t remember the last time I came here.”

“Five.” Lance uttered.
Trevor turned to him. “What?”

“I was five years old when I last came here,” Lance replied, his eyes equally wandering.

“Wow,” Trevor turned away and chuckled. “It’s nice to know that you actually went to places other than the school and the library when you were growing up.”

Lance glared at Trevor and came close as though he was about to hit him, but Trevor laughed and moved away.

“Hey,” Molly yelled with delight as she pointed into the air. “The roller-coaster…..” She spun and looked up at Lance. “I wanna ride the roller-coaster.”

“Forget it Molly,” Lance replied without even looking down at his little sister. “It’s too dangerous.”

Molly pouted her lips and groaned with disappointment. “Oh Come on, Lance.”

“No Molly, end of discussion,” Lance replied with a voice laced with frustration as he turned and glared at his little sister. He then looked forward and pointed. “We’ll ride the Carousel. It’s safer.”

Molly’s eyes landed on the Carousel in the distance, before she slowly took her eyes to the ground.  Trevor took one look at her and knew she was sad. He stopped moving and squatted right infront of the little girl.

“Hey,” Trevor’s gentle voice made Molly look up to his charming smile and his piercing blue eyes. “I’ve got a better Idea.”

Molly was silent with her eyes were still on him.

He then pointed to something far behind her. “Why don’t we ride the Cyclone instead?”

Molly followed his pointing finger to the ride far behind her. The large machine turned rapidly with people in their seats; screaming with delight. The sight seemed so appealing, Molly didn’t know when a smile grew on her face.

She spun back to Trevor and nodded quickly without even thinking twice.

Trevor’s smile grew wider; exposing his pearly white teeth as he stood to his feet. “Cool,” he said.