138.

Trevor walked out of the shower and went straight to the mirror to give himself a once over. He wanted to make sure he had gotten rid of every trace of yogurt on his hair, his face and in his ear. He turned to the side and looked at his right ear, before he raised a towel and cleaned it out. He pulled his hands down and kept his eye on his reflection. He couldn’t believe how fast he had hit rock bottom. He wasn’t even mad at Nadia after she had spilled the drink over him.

He sighed and turned away. Put on a t-shirt and his pyjama trousers. He looked over at his alarm clock.

9:34pm.

His mom was going to be on call all night and so, if he was hungry, he was going to have to fix something himself. But he wasn’t hungry. He didn’t think he had been hungry ever since……

Trevor exhaled and walked out of his room. He needed to watch T.V. He knew if he decided to stay in his room, he would go crazy with thoughts of Lance. He felt himself go sick when he remembered Lance was still in a coma, and it was all  his fault. He really needed to see Lance again. He needed to talk to him; to touch him once more. He just couldn’t wait till he would wake up and then we would see him, just like he and his mother had discussed.

Trevor made his way to the kitchen and got himself apple juice from the fridge, before he moved over to the sitting room, dropped to a sit and switched on the T.V.
He flicking through the channel when he heard three quick knocks on the door. He paused and furrowed his brows, thinking that could be…especially at this point in time.

The three knocks came again and he jumped off the couch and hurried over. Probably, his mum forgot something.
“Coming,” he uttered as he moved to the door.

But  nothing prepared him for who he saw when he pulled the door open. Trevor kept his mouth open as he stood there, frozen in place and unsure of what to do.

Lisa looked up at him with a blank expression on her face. “Uhm…can we talk?”

A few minutes later, Trevor had gotten her a glass of apple juice and they were both seated side by side…watching T.V. They had not said a word to each other since. The entire living room was silent, the only sound coming from the T.V.

“How’s your mom?” Lisa finally broke the silence, with her eyes still fixed on the T.V.
“She’s…uhm…she’s good.”

Lisa nodded in response with looking at him.

The entire room was thrown into silence once again.

Trevor managed to steal a glance at her glance and he suddenly realized that after her first sip, she had not taken another sip. She apparently wasn’t drinking her juice. He had dated her long enough to know that whenever she hardly touched her drink or food, there was something on her mind. He looked over at her and thought maybe she was waiting for an apology. Maybe this was his chance. He was about to open his mouth and speak, but closed his mouth when he suddenly couldn’t find the courage.

He had hurt her badly, and he didn’t think he could say anything that would justify that.

“I’m sorry,” Lisa spoke, before she looked down into her glass.

“What?” He appeared slightly shocked that she was the one apologizing. “No…don’t…no, Lisa come on. I’m supposed to be the one apologizing.”

“It’s not that….I just,” She paused and then looked up at him for the first time she came in. “The way Nadia….treated you. It wasn’t……I’m sorry about that.”

“Oh,” Trevor uttered. “Well, I guess I deserved it. I mean, come on, it’s Nadia.”

Lisa smiled and then looked down to her glass. “Yeah,” she chuckled. “A real hurricane, that chick.”