17.

Trevor

"Look man," Trevor was almost groaning now. "I-I don't think I can do this."

Aaron chuckled while Bruce rolled his eyes from the other side of the table. It was lunchtime now and the boys; Aaron, Caleb, Bruce and Trevor were at the table. The girls were absent because they all had cheer-leading practice. Caleb juts sat there in silence. A recent silence that had started to worry Trevor lately and he said he was going to confront him about it. Trevor knew that Caleb was totally against this bet crap and Like Bruce,Caleb has also been a close friend of Trevor since childhood and loosing that friendship over a bet is what Trevor wasn't going to take.

Bruce took a sip of his Pepsi before looking up at Trevor. "Sure,"he shrugged. "No problem."

Trevor darted his eyes away from Caleb and faced Bruce. "Wh-What?"

Bruce took a piece of his potatoes chips and chewed with his eyes still Trevor. "You can drop the bet if you want." Bruce shrugged.

Caleb shot his head up and looked at Bruce.

"Really?" Trevor straightened up as he felt his heart skip a beat with excitement.

"Really?" Caleb repeated with his confused eyes on Bruce. He looked confused, but sceptical also.

"That is, if you have my money right here, right now,"Bruce uttered with a dirty smirk on his face.

Trevor's face fell along with his shoulders. Caleb gave a sigh that seemed to show disappointment as he raised his hands to rub his temple. Aaron threw his head back in a hysterical laughter, a gesture that seemed to piss Trevor off.

"You're going to have to give me time." Trevor replied.

Bruce dropped his Pepsi after a sip before coughing out a short laugh. "Excuse me?"

"You're going to have to give me time to come up with the money, dude," Trevor explained.

Aaron and Bruce looked at each other; the both of them amused, before Bruce looked back at Trevor with a mocking smile on his face. "I didn't need a couple of days to get you the money," Bruce said. "Did I?"

Trevor suddenly clenched his jaws as he heard Bruce's statement. He wanted to reach across the table and punch his lights out.

"You didn't need a couple of days because you are a rich bastard," Trevor growled in his head.

"Bruce," Trevor sighed. "...be reasonable. Please."

Bruce's smile suddenly disappeared. He glared at Trevor with intense eyes. "Reasonable?" Bruce uttered as he gave Trevor a look that seemed to show he didn't believe what Trevor was saying . "You want me to be reasonable?"

Trevor rolled his eyes and prepared himself for what was coming.

"You were the one who told me over the phone," Trevor protested. "Trevor, you told me you were in."

Trevor looked at Bruce and suddenly tried to swallow the guilt he was feeling back into his gut. Bruce was right.

"How the hell am I not being reasonable?" Bruce asked with his voice higher than before.

"Okay, okay," Aaron finally cut in after he put down his juice. "Guys, cool it."

Aaron then turned to Trevor. "Dude," he began. "It's just a bet, what's the big deal?"

"What's the big deal?," Trevor hissed through his teeth. "I have to pretend to be in love with a gay guy. That's the big deal."

Bruce started to chuckle.

"It's not funny," Trevor spat.

"Hey," Aaron raised his hand in surrender with a smile on his face. "No one is saying it is, Okay. Relax man."

"Are you gay, Trevor?" Bruce's voice hit Trevor like a truck.

"Wh-What?" Trevor couldn't hide his astonishment.

"Are you gay?" Bruce asked again in a surprisingly casual tone; not seeing the gravity of his question.

Trevor turned his wide eyes to an equally astonished Caleb, before he looked back at Aaron and Bruce smirking at him.

"No," Trevor scowled.

"Then why the fuck is this a problem for you?" Bruce asked with a shrug.

"I-I..I don't know," Trevor stuttered. "..because..because.."

"Because someone is going to get hurt," Caleb's voice seemed to have startled the three of them.

"Who?" Bruce laughed. "You mean that miserable faggot."

"Yeah," Aaron added with a malicious smile. "Trevor hates the jackass anyway, so it should be fun."

Caleb moved his eyes from them and faced Trevor, before he shook his head and rubbed his temple again. There was no reasoning with these guys. Trevor just sat there, unsure of what to say. Aaron was right, he hated Lance so much, but that didn't mean it was all going to be easy.

"Okay, Trev," Bruce raised his hand in surrender. "Tell you what, you give me back the money before friday, and we'll call the bet off."

"How's that?" Aaron added with a smile.

Trevor's eyes bulged. Were they crazy? Today was tuesday. How the hell did they want him to come up with almost four thousand dollars in just two days? Trevor glared up at Aaron and Bruce smiling at him. He felt the bile raise in his throat and held himself for screaming at them. They were both psychotic bastards.

"You know that's not possible," the words betrayed Trevor and fell from his mouth.

"Well then," Bruce dropped his empty Pepsi bottle to the table and dusted his hands like his work here was done, before he looked over at Aaron with a triumphant smile. "I guess it's settled."

As if on cue, the bell went off for the end of break. Trevor watched as Aaron and Bruce stood up from their seats, dusting thier mouths and the shirts.

"Settled?" Trevor asked. "What's settled?"

Bruce looked down at Trevor with a serious look on his face. "You're doing the bet, bro."

Trevor dropped his shoulders and opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Bruce and Aaron were already walking towards the cafeteria entrance, leaving Caleb and Trevor behind. Trevor turned and faced Caleb.

"What do you think?" Trevor asked his childhood friend.

Caleb gave him a wry smile and then shrugged. "Just do it, Trev," he said as he stood up from his seat.

"See you at practice," Caleb said as he walked past Trevor, patting him playfully on his shoulder. Trevor smiled and watched Caleb hurry out of the cafeteria. He sat there and watched other students make thier way out to attend thier various classes.

He suddenly felt his stomach tighten when he saw him.

It was Lance.

He was walking towards the cafeteria entrance with a plastic bottle of coke in his hands. black t-shirt, black skinny jeans and black sneakers. This time, he did not wear a beanie, so his black curls hair was exposed. Trevor even noticed what looked like a tattoo sipping out on his hands, from under his letter sleeve. His attention was fixed on his phone and so Trevor felt comfortable enough to keep staring.

Then suddenly, Lance looked up and looked straight at Trevor and Trevor felt his heart race. Lance's eyes settled on him like he knew Trevor was staring at him all along, before he looked away and walked out the entrance.

Trevor dragged himself off his seat and put his full bottle of Pepsi in his bag. He had been so worried about the whole situation, he had not even taken a sip. He felt sick when he realised what the next few weeks were going to be like for him because of this bet.

He even felt sicker when he suddenly remembered he had geography right now, ...with Lance.