47.

Trevor

Monday, during lunch break, Trevor and Lisa drove thier way out of school and met with the others at Blinley's.

"Trev my man," Bruce hailed with a smile as Trevor walked over to their booth. "How's it hanging?"

Trevor smirked at Bruce as he dropped to the seat on the opposite side. "l invited him over to my house for dinner on Saturday," Trevor replied.

Nadia rolled her eyes and sighed. "Let me guess, he told you to fuck off?"

Megan looked up from her phone. "...or he just ignored you?"

"Nope," Trevor grinned. "He came."

Everyone on the table froze with thier wide eyes fixed on Trevor. "He-he what?" Lisa asked in disbelief.

Trevor turned to her and grinned. "He came over and had dinner with my mum, my dad, Kim and I."

"Oh my god," Megan raised her had to her mouth.

"Wait,...are you serious?" Nadia docked her head.

Trevor exhaled in exhaustion. "Yes."

"How the hell did that happen?" Caleb asked in confusion.

Trevor shrugged before he looked over at Aaron and saw him giving Bruce an astonished look. Aaron was looking at Bruce as if he was Lance or something. But Bruce just kept his eyes on Trevor with a smirk on his face.

"Oh my - wait a minute," Megan was freaking out now. "You invited Lance Tiffin to your house for dinner.......and he actually came?"

Nadia began to squeal in delight before she pointed at Trevor. "I told y'all," she said. "Just irresistible."

Trevor chuckled when he saw Caleb rolled his eyes. He turned to Aaron again and saw he and Bruce glance at each other with mischievous smirks on thier faces.

"I can't believe that was actually my idea," Lisa groaned as she hit Trevor's shoulder with a frown.

Trevor turned to her and smiled before throwing his hands over her shoulder. "It sure was."

"Okay.....this is good. This is really good," Nadia went on as she nodded. "But it's not over though. You still need to hang in there till Prom night."

"Yeah," Megan said as she playfully placed her hands on her chest and batted her eye lashes. "The epic finale."

Trevor smiled at them, but at the same time, he felt uneasy at the fact that Aaron and Bruce had not said anything. He thought they were probably speechless at what he had achieved so far. After all, they didn't think he could do it in the first place.

"Ooh," Megan clapped and squeezed her palms together in excitement as she looked at everyone. "This is going to be fun."

"Yeah..," Bruce finally uttered. He smiled at Trevor, before his eyes landed on Lisa. "....its going to be a blast."

Lance

Lance kept darting his eyes from his book to his wristwatch while he was in the library waiting for Trevor. The session was supposed to start at eleven as usual, but by ten-thirty, Lance was all ready here. He also remembered sitting through the entire period of technical drawing class with his eyes constantly glancing at the wall clock.

He inhaled deeply and relaxed on his chair. He just couldn't lie to himself anymore. He could fool anyone else, but not himself. The fact that he wanted to see Trevor so bad seemed to piss him off. Lance picked up his phone from the table, moved to his picture gallery and tapped it again. His eyes then settle on the black and white picture of a smiling Trevor that he had pulled into his phone from Facebook in the day of the dinner. Lance kept his eyes on the picture, holding himself from reaching up and placing a finger on the screen of his phone as if trying not to touch Trevor's cheeks. Lance felt his features soften into a one sided smile as a warm feeling coursed through him. This picture had become something of a drug to him. He always felt vulnerable whenever he saw it. He always felt weakened. It lowered his defences. With his eyes still on the picture, Lance remembered the dinner on Saturday night. As confusing as it was to see Trevor get taunted by his gargoyle of a father, he felt sorry for him. He saw a different side of Trevor that night. A side he knew most people in school didn't.

"So what are we doing to day?" Trevor's voice startled Lance to the point where he felt his phone slip to the floor.

"Shit!" Lance cussed.

"You okay?" Trevor asked as he observed Lance with furrowed brows as he dropped to his seat.

"Fuck," Lance cussed again as he picked his phone from the floor and looked at the cracked screen with his jaws clenched. "Perfect, just perfect."

He then looked up at Trevor who was eyeing him in confusion. He dropped the phone back in his pocket and sighed. "Simultaneous Equations," Lance said. "Today we are doing Simultaneous Equations."

Lance took Trevor through the basic concepts of Simultaneous Equations. Then he went on and solved some problems before Trevor after which, he gave him four problems to solve on his own.

Lance kept shooting glances at Trevor as he concentrated on the work he had been given. He didn't look as energetic as usual. He was in no mood for making fun of anyone right now, that was for sure and Lance knew it Trevor's father's fault. Lance stretched out and yawned; feigning the fact that he was tired. He fell back and relaxed on his seat so he could get to watch Trevor with Trevor knowing. Lance saw the way a few strands of Trevor's blonde hair hung from his face, the crease on his feature as he concentrated on his work. The way he licked his lips when he was trying to figure out something. At that point, Lance suddenly hated Trevor's father so much. He didn't know him well, but God, he hated him. The realisation that Trevor could also cook seemed to slapped Lance on the face. He thought of reaching over and holding Trevor's shoulder to tell him it was all going to be okay because, Lance knew, more than many others, what it actually felt like to hide what and who you really are just to prevent being judged or ridiculed. Here was Trevor, someone who obviously had a passion and a side to him many people didn't know, but his father was trying to bury it for his own selfish interest.

"You're a Bowman, so act like one." Lance recalled Trevor's dad's words and suddenly wanted to hit something. "Selfish bastard," Lance hissed quietly.

Trevor turned to face him with raised brows. "Huh?"

Lance cleared his throat. "Nothing...Uhm.. just....Nothing." He waved Trevor off before sitting up to face his books again.

After Trevor was done, Lance went through his work. He reached up and placed the notebook right infront of Trevor when he was done. "You got three out of four," Lance said as he nodded with a smile on his face. "Nice work."

Trevor grabbed the book and stuffed it into his backpack without even looking into it or looking at Lance. "Thanks," he said and then he looked in to face Lance and raised his brows. "Are we done for today?"

Lance appeared to be caught off guard. "Uhm-ye-yeah...sure." He stuttered.

Trevor barely allowed Lance to finish his response before he stood up, hung his backpack over his shoulder and headed for the door.

Lance kept his eyes on the blond haired boy as hour walked away, trying very hard not to call him back.