24.

Trevor

A few days later, Trevor didn't see Lance at all while at school. It was a Tuesday and Trevor had not seen him since thier conversation with the principal on friday last week. Even yesterday, which was monday, they were supposed to have had Algebra together, but Lance wasn't in class. Trevor didn't have any classes with him today, so he couldn't be sure if Lance was in school or not. As he pulled out his textbook from his locker, he was slightly surprised at the fact that he actually gave a rat's ass about where the slime ball could be, or what he was doing. Trevor set his eyes on his Algebra text and dropped his shoulders when he remembered the announcement Mr. Decker had made about the test coming up tomorrow.

"Fuck," Trevor hissed to himself.

He felt even sicker when he remembered the Algebra assignment that was also due tomorrow. Trevor turned his attention to the school entrance down the hall and held himself from flinging his books and just dashing out; runaway from everything. The teachers, the fights, the school work, ......and the bet. It was all to much for him.

"Hey you," Lisa's beautiful voice made Trevor turn to her pretty smiling face. Nadia and her boyfriend, Aaron, where standing not far behind.

"Hey," he replied with a sigh, relieved to see her, before he leaned forward and kissed her.

"You okay?" Lisa backed away and studied him after the kiss.

Trevor exhaled heavily before lifting his hands and raking his hair with his fingers. "Yeah. Not really. I mean....I don't know," He was almost groaning.

"Aw," Lisa cooed with furrowed brows as she cupped his handsome face in her palms. "What's wrong baby?"

"Nothing really,"Trevor replied. "Just that I've got a lot on my plate."

"The bet?" Aaron chuckled.

Trevor immediately gave Aaron a death stare. "Not just that," he hissed through his teeth. "I've got tests and homework of which I have no clue on how to ace."

"Dude," Aaron shrugged with a smile. "Just ask your boyfriend for help."

Nadia immediately burst out with a laugh and Lisa spun and punched Aaron in the stomach.

"Ouch!" Aaron yelped with laughter as he held his belly. "Sorry. I'm sorry, okay."

"I'm pretty sure his not going to help me,Aaron," Trevor glared at his friend.

"You could just try," Aaron shrugged, but then held his stomach again in defence when he saw Lisa turning and narrowing her eyes at him.

Before Trevor could give a reply, the entire hallway erupted with the startling sound of the bell. The students in the hall started to hurry; their paces increasing in different directions, until the hall was almost empty.

"Come on guys," Nadia sighed as she moved away from the group. "We've got to go."

Lisa reached up and kissed Trevor,before she pulled back from him with a cute smile and began to walk away. "I'll see you later," she said. "Okay?"

Trevor nodded in response with a wry smile on his face.

"Let him help you, Trevor," Aaron leaned in close and whispered heavily beside Trevor's head, before walking away.

Trevor watched his friends leave and suddenly realised Aaron was serious....and somewhat correct. If Trevor could get Lance to help him with his test and assignment, he would have killed two birds with one stone. He would have gotten Lance to trust him enough for him to win the bet, and he would also ace his course. Trevor suddenly saw a glimmer of hope in his conclusion as he closed his locker and started walking to class. He just hoped the would not end up fighting again today.

Trevor walked through the door of the Algebra class with his eyes darting from one corner to the other, hoping Lance was in class today. When he spotted Lance on his usual seat, he felt slightly astonished at his relief. He was also relieved that the seat beside him was empty. The skinny boy with thick glasses wasn't in class today for some reason. Trevor quickly walked over and sat beside Lance. Lance didn't even look up from his phone that was held before him.

Trevor darted nervous glances at Lance, afraid to start a conversation. He knew Lance wouldn't say a thing,but he realised he didn't have time and that Mr. Decker would walk into class any minute now.

"Hey dude," the word seemed to fly out of Trevor's mouth.

Lance said nothing. He kept his eyes on his phone without a single reply. Trevor turned his eyes to the ground, clenched his jaw and exhaled. Then he looked up at Lance and moved a bit closer, as if he didn't want anyone else to hear what he was about to say.

"Dude, listen," the desperation in Trevor's voice was clear as day. "I really need your help here. Okay? I..I don't want to fight. I've got a test and an assignment I know nothing about and if I don't pass them, I know i'm in trouble. Come on Tiffin, help me out here. please."

Lance quickly turned to face Trevor and it was as if the last word, "please", was all Lance had heard. It was as if that what had captured Lance's attention. Lance looked a bit confused as he stared at Trevor. His face was so blank, Trevor didn't know what he was thinking. Trevor kept his eyes on Lance's face and for the first time, noticed that Lance's eyes were green.

Lance looked back to his phone without a word and Trevor dropped his shoulders in defeat. He turned his attention back to the front of the class just as Mr. Decker hurried in with a "Hey guys." Trevor felt sick to his stomach. He was definitely going to fail this class. He wasn't going to graduate. Oh God.

"I'll help with the assignment," Lance's voice seemed to strike Trevor like cold water on his body. "..and with the key areas to study for the test."

Trevor turned his wide eyes to Lance as he felt a smile tug on his lips. A smile he couldn't seem to hide. "Re-really?"

With his eyes still on his phone, Lance shrugged in indifference to Trevor's reaction. "Yeah, sure." He replied.

Trevor reached out and patted Lance's shoulder twice. "Thanks a lot man," Trevor uttered. "I really appreciate it."

Lance seemed unmoved by Trevor's gratitude. He lazily turned to face Trevor with a mischievous smirk on his face and replied.

"No problem."