9.

"What the hell is Bruce trying to pull?" Trevor thought. "What the hell is wrong with him?"

He tried very hard to concentrate on the road before him as he and Lisa were driving home from school. He didn't think he had heard anything more outrageous than what he heard from from Bruce's mouth during recess today.

"Since you're so irresistible,Let's see if you can get Lance to fall in love with you before prom,.....what the fuck?"

Trevor felt nauseous when the words kept pouring back into his senses. Lance Tiffin of all people. The one person he hated so much. Even if Trevor went ahead and did it, it would be to hurt that swine, but no. He couldn't risk his reputation in school. He couldn't imagine being associated with a low life junky like Lance. No fucking way.

"Trevor!" Lisa's voice startled him.

"Yeah...what?" Trevor replied as he darted his eyes between his girlfriend and the road.

"Where the hell were you?"

"Right here baby," Trevor replied, as he moved his hands from the gear to her laps.

She studied him for a moment and turned to face the windscreen. "You're not thinking of doing it, are you?" She asked.

"What? No, hell no," Trevor scowled at her.

"Good," Lisa said before she turned to face him. "..because you..." Then something caught her eye outside Trevor's window. Something that made her eyes widen.

" Ohmygodpullover," Lisa yelled.

"What? wh-why?" Trevor asked as he darted confused glances from the road to his girlfriend's astonished face.

"Just pull over, Trevor!" she yelled again with her wide eyes still fixed out the window.

Trevor stopped the car and Lisa jumped out and ran across the road into a clothing store before he could even undo his seat belt. Damn she was fast.

Trevor eventually made it out of the car and crossed the road, and entered the store Lisa had hurried into. When he got in, the fresh scent of jasmine and new clothes hit his nose. He scanned the well lit hall filled with rows and rows of dresses hung. Human sized mannequins stood close to the show glasses facing the outside world.

There she was, standing infront one of the mannequins that wore a particularly gorgeous pink and white gown. Even before Trevor approached, he could tell that the gown his girl friend was observing was expensive, hell, this whole place looked expensive.

"You like it?" Trevor asked as he watched as excitement filled her features. Lisa looked as if she was looking at a fairy or some other magical creature she read about in books.

"This is it, Trevor." she gasped in amazement before she looked up at him and smiled. "This is the one."

Prom was four months away, and in Kentworth, that wasn't even enough time for the girls to get thier Prom dresses ready. Trevor looked over at the far corner and the sight of two particularly pretty blondes caught his eye. They were trying on some shoes and one of them had been unable to keep her eyes off him. Even after he had caught her staring, she didn't look away. Instead, she whispered something into her friends ear and that was enough to shift her friend's attention to Trevor. He could swear that one of the girls looked very familiar. The resemblance she had to someone he knew or had met before, it was striking. She looked like someone he knew.

"What do you think?" Lisa asked. "Should I get it for prom?"

"Umm-," he tried hard to tear his eyes from the two blond girls who were staring at him like he was something they were going to eat for dinner.

"Trevor," Lisa's voice pulled his attention back.

"Yea..yeah?" He said.

Lisa then looked in the direction of the girls and looked back at him with a glare.

He smiled and reached for her. "Lisa, come -"

She suddenly placed her hand in between them to stop him from coming any closer,before she looked up at him and hissed, "I'll go find out the price of the dress." then she stormed away, yanking her arms out of his grip when he reached for her.

Trevor then shifted his attention back to the girls who still had thier eyes on him. They knew the girl who had just walked away was his girlfriend, but they just didn't seem to care. They even had the audacity to wave to him, and he waved back anyway.

No need to be rude, right?

It was then Trevor noticed that the girls were wearing matching outfits. Green blaisers on top white buttoned up shirts with a green tie and green pleated skirts. They also wore black shoes with socks drawn up close their knees. Then it hit Trevor, they were girls from a private school; probably from St. Matthew's, the one on the outskirts of town. That would explain why they could afford to shop here. He narrowed his eyes at the familiar blonde, trying very hard to remember where he had seen her before. She obviously didn't go to thier school, so where the hell has he seen her before?

As Trevor was still watching them, one of them pulled out a credit card and handed it to one of the uniformed sales personnel.

Rich bitches.

"Trevor," Lisa's voice made him turn to face her and noticed something was off immediately.

"Let's go," She said.

"What, now?...I thought you were.."

"Come on Trevor," Lisa hissed. From the way she avoided his eyes, he knew something was wrong because she didn't look okay as she stormed out of the shop. Was she still mad at him for flirting with the blonde girls?

He turned to one of the sales girls whom Lisa had spoken to. She had a wry smile on her face. It was almost as if she felt sorry for her.

"What happened?" He asked.

"The dress," the young lady said as she gestured to the pink and white gown Lisa wanted so badly.

Trevor looked at the dress and back at the sales girl whose name tag read 'Jennifer'. "What's wrong with it?"

"It costs twenty five hundred dollars," Jennifer's word made Trevor a little dizzy.

"Wh- What the...?" Trevor suddenly gained control of his mouth.

He then spun back when he heard something. The two private school bitches, they were just sitting there staring at him, giggling thier spoilt rich asses off as the sales personnel stuffed up to seven bags with shoes that they had bought.

"Tell you what," Jennifer's whisper made Trevor turn away from the trolls and face her. "I can bring it down to two thousand, since she wants it badly."

Trevor felt his heart warm up a little bit from the kindness Jennifer was offering, but he knew he didn't have two thousand dollars. Even his monthly allowance wasn't up to that.

"It's okay," he said as he dropped his shoulders with a sigh and gave Jennifer a wry smile. "Thanks anyway."

Jennifer nodded her head in understanding as Trevor turned and left the shop.

When he got into the car, Lisa was already on the passenger seat waiting for him. She looked away from him; her eyes trained outside her window. Even though he couldn't see her face, Trevor could see the tissue in her hand. She had been crying.

"Come on,Babe," Trevor uttered softly as he reached for her lap. "It's okay."

"Are- are they still laughing?" Lisa sniffled.

"Who cares?" Trevor gave a half laugh.

Lisa then turned and faced Trevor and saw the way his face fell when he saw her wet bloodshot eyes.

"Take me home," Lisa muttered as she lifted the tissue to blow her nose.

Trevor stared at her for a while, holding himself from just gathering her up in his arms and never letting her go. He hated seeing her like this, it killed him.

He then turned the engine on and drove off. They didn't say a word to each other until he dropped her off infront of her house.