19.

Trevor

It took everything in Trevor not to knock Lance's lights out. The bastard just told him to shut up.......and he did. He knew that if he got hostile towards Lance in anyway, that would make things more difficult, so he had to keep calm and play cool. Even if Lance was being a bloody jerk, he had to be cool, after all, he remembered what would happen to Lance after all this; he would be humiliated, completely disgraced before the whole school on Prom night. Trevor felt a smile tug on his lips slightly when the thoughts filled his mind as he turned slightly and looked over at Lance.

"He was going to be humiliated," the menacing voice kept ringing in Trevor's head. That was the best compensation he could accept for any shit he was going to take from Lance.

Trevor still kept his eyes on Lance. Three distinct black curls of his hair peeking out of his beanie that wasn't on his head before as he sat there, relaxed on his seat; his right arm stretched to the top of his book and his pen scribbling something on it. Trevor watched as Lance's eyes darted back and forth between his notebook and the geography teacher. It was weird to see how focused,serious and yet relaxed Lance appeared to be. Trevor glanced at Lance's notebook. An entire page was already filled with letters in blue and red ink.

"He writes with two pens?" Trevor thought to himself. "Who does that?"

So, geography breezed by like every other class after it and soon, it was time to go home. Trevor met Lisa out in crowded hall way right beside his locker.

"Hey Babe," Lisa said, before closing in to kiss her boy friend on his lips.

"Hey," Trevor replied with a smile. "I missed you."

"Me too," Lisa smiled at him.

"Just give me a sec, okay?" Trevor said as he began to put some books from his locker into his backpack. He knew they were going to ride home together and so he didn't like to keep Lisa waiting.

"Actually..." Lisa began.

Trevor looked up at her. "Actually what?"

"Me and Nadia are going over to Megan's house to hang for a while," she said as she scrunched her nose in a way that made Trevor feel she was feeling guilty about let him go home alone. "So...I'm riding with the girls today."

Trevor gave a sigh as he stared at his girlfriend. He could see her face slowly dropping at the fact that she may have disappointed him. Damn, he hated seeing her that way.

Trevor then gave a weak smile and shrugged. "Sure," he said. "No problem."

When he saw the way Lisa's face lit up with a smile, he felt his heart soar. Her smile always did something to him. It made his want to jump out in public and tell the world how in love he was with Lisa Watson.

Lisa pulled him in for a hug, kissed his cheek and uttered a "Thank you."

"God, Lisa! Come on!" Nadia's voice calling from across the hall made them both look in her direction. She stood there with Megan; both of them still in thier cheerleading outfits.

"We've got to go," Megan called out. "We're stopping at the salon remember?"

"Okay! coming!" Lisa yelled a reply before turning back, kissing her boyfriend one last time, pulling away from him, and running towards her friends.

"Love you!" Lisa yelled as she trotted away.

"Love you too," Trevor yelled.

"Hey Trevor," Nadia called out. "Why don't you give you new boyfriend a ride."

Trevor immediately narrowed his eyes at the girls as they started to laugh hysterically. Lisa had a smile on face as she swatted Nadia's arm.

"Ha-ha-ha Nadia," Trevor uttered. "Very funny."

Lisa was laughing now as she hurried the laughing girls out the school entrance. She turned to Trevor and blew him a kiss. Trevor smiled as he watched her leave.

He locked his locker, hung his backpack over his shoulder and turned to walk away, then he suddenly felt his shoulder collide with that of someone else. Hard.

"What the..," Trevor yelled before he looked up and met Lance scowling at him.

"Watch where you're going you moron," Lance snarled at him.

Trevor felt the bile rise in his throat at that moment. He tightened his fists beside him and held himself from grabbing the bastard by the collar and beating the shit out of him.

"Go to hell," was all Trevor could say.

Lance just looked away and kept moving to the entrance, leaving Trevor stand there. Some of the students in the hallway were surprised. Even though they didn't want to show it, they just couldn't imagine that anyone could call Trevor Bowman a moron and get away with it.

Trevor felt his fists tighten even more, with rage tearing through his body as he watched Lance make his way out of the school entrance. He only hoped they would both be alive by the time this bet was over.