143.

Trevor laid on his bed with both his eyes stuffed with his earphones and the sweet Symphony of "If you're not the one" by Daniel Bedingfield seeping through. He had been listen to this same song for weeks. He just couldn't imagine himself listen to anything else. He loved the memories the song brought him.

He loved the visions of Lance's brilliant green eyed and mischievous smile flashing in his head. It brought him pain and regret, but at the same time, it brought him peace. He just wanted to be with Lance again, even if it was in his thoughts.

From the corner of his eye, Trevor saw his room door slowly being pushed open. He immediately pulled the right eyepiece from his ear, sat up from his bed and furrowed his brows; wondering who it was.

When he saw his mother push her pretty face through, he exhaled.

"I knocked twice but you didn't reply so I ..."

"It's fine, mum," he replied as he sank back into bed.

"There's someone here to see you," she uttered.

Trevor furrowed his brows again. "Who?"

Mrs Bowman gave way someone to walk through. The door was opened wider and Trevor saw Caleb slowly walk through. Trevor shot back to a siting position. He pulled the last earpiece from his ear and stood to his feet.

"Hey man," Caleb smiled at his best friend while rubbing his palm on his trousers. A sign that he was as nervous about this moment as Trevor was.

Without a word, Trevor hurried over to Caleb and wrapped his arms arms around him; squeezing him into an overwhelming embrace. They boys stayed that way for almost thirty seconds, before Caleb felt Trevor sobbing into his shoulder, before he tightened his embrace as well.

Few minutes later, both boys sat there on Trevor's bed, bringing up topics and conversations that didn't seem to go past a single minute before there was a akward silence.

The room was quiet for a few seconds, before Trevor finally spoke.

"I'm so sorry," he said with his eyes fixed to the floor before him.

Caleb looked up at him. "For what?"

Trevor finally looked up at him as well. "I mean....I destroyed things between you and....."

"Oh my God, dude ...just...just stop, okay," Caleb shook his head and stood from the bed, pacing franctically. "Just stop."

"But it's the truth, I ...I really fucked up. You warned me from the beginning and I..."

Caleb stopped and faced his best friend. "Trev, stop," his voice was stern. He paused for a while and then went on. "Look, if anyone should be apologizing, it should be me, okay?"

Trevor looked up at him and coughed a laugh. "What?"

"Dude, you're my best friend," Caleb went on. "We've know each other since......since kindergarten. We did everything together. Dude, we even took baths together."

Trevor's face dissolved into a scowl.

"Okay, forget the bath part," Caleb smiled mischievously, "but my point is, dude,....I left you when you really needed me the most. You opened up to me about how much you liked this guy and how confused you were. I was the only person who seemed to know how much you were suffering.....but still...." Caleb paused and looked down. "I...I left you."

Trevor sat there for a while watching Caleb. The guilt that was tearing through him seemed to be as visible as the Armani label at the end of his blazer sleeve.

Trevor stood up and moved over to hug him again. "It's okay, Caleb. It's not your fault. You were scared."

"Bullshit," Caleb looked up at him. "I fucked up."