13.

Trevor

On the evening of the same day, Trevor had invited Lisa over to his house. He couldn't go over to hers, not since the night her dad almost caught him having sex with his daughter. She was very reluctant to show up, but he knew she wouldn't refuse when he told her he had a surprise for her.

They were both in Trevor's room now. Lisa's brows furrowed in confusion when Trevor lifted the large purple box to her with a somewhat shy smile on his face. When she saw the inscription "Hemmings", she looked up at Trevor. She was still confused.

"Here," he said, as he handed the box to her; still smiling. "Open it."

Lisa darted her confused eyes from the box up to her boyfriend, before she placed it on his bed. She pulled out the clips and lifted the cardboard top of the box.

Lisa's eyes immediately went wide as she gave out a gasp. "Oh my god."

Trevor felt his heart warm when he saw her wide eyes look up to his. Seeing her this happy was all the reward he wanted. The way her beautiful lips tugged in a smile. The way her eyes seemed to shine as she pulled the pink dress out of the box and pressed it against her chest.

She looked up at Trevor and when he saw she had welling eyes, he couldn't take it anymore. He moved closer and hugged her. Trevor held Lisa like he had not hugged her for years. They pulled away from each other before she looked up at him again.

"Thank you," she croaked.

Trevor leaned in and kissed her forehead head before looking down at her with a warm smile. "Why don't you go try it on?" He asked.

Lisa beamed before she pulled the entire dress from the box and was heading for the bathroom.

"Where are you going?" Trevor asked with a confused smirk as he dropped to a sit on his bed.

Lisa spun to him and waved to the bathroom door. "To try it on, silly."

Trevor chuckled. "I've seen you naked, Lisa."

She gave him a mischievous smirk and replied. "So?"

Trevor laughed and raised his hands in surrender. "Okay, fine."

Lisa laughed and spun to head for the bathroom, but then, she stopped. She slowly spun to face her boyfriend. Trevor was a little worried when he saw that the smile on her face had disappeared.

She turned and faced him completely ; confusion all over her features. There was something about the way she looked at him. She was already asking him the question with her eyes and that moment, he felt his heart rising to his throat.

"Did you?" Lisa's voice was low and trembling.

Trevor looked away from her and looked to the floor below him. He did not need to ask what she meant. He knew exactly what she was asking and right now, there was a lot going on in his head. He could just lie to her right there and tell her he did not take the bet, or he could tell her the truth.

Lisa was the last person on the planet that wanted him to take that bet and also the last person he would like to.

"Trevor." Her voice yanked him from his thoughts. He slowly raised his head and met her eyes. She didn't look confused anymore. Her eyes were boring into him now.

"Did you take the bet?" Her voice was suddenly cold.

Trevor swallowed hard and opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out and at that moment, Lisa knew. Her face contorted into that of pain as she looked away and faced his closet as if it was all its fault.