chapter fourteen.

Daniella's eyes fluttered open to reveal her ocean blue irises, her pale cheeks rosy and a small smile forming on her lips when she saw Scott with his head on her stomach and Stiles right beside her, snoring his lungs out. Daniella shook her head and tried to move her arm, but she immediately winced at the pain on her right forearm. She pursed her lips and squeezed her eyes shut, trying her best to not wake the boys. Daniella eventually tried to sit up, waking up Scott. "I'm sorry," Daniella whispered. Scott shook his head, "Do you want to take a shower? I could get you some clothes then we can go get something to eat." Daniella's eyes drifted off to her digital clock to see red numbers: '3:45 am.' Daniella's eyes widened in shock, "It's almost going to be four am and we have school tomorrow."

Scott shrugged and helped Daniella off the bed, being careful with her arm and leading her to the restroom, "You take your shower. There's all ready some clothes in there and a shower and stuff. When you're out we'll re-wrap your arm." Ella smiled and pressed a soft kiss to his cheek before walking into the restroom. Ella peeled off her shirt and threw it in her basket then chewed on the inside of her lip. Ella walked back out of the restroom and asked Scott, "Can you help me remove the bandages?"

Scott turned around, "Yeah, su–"

Scott's eyes were wide when he saw that Ella was only in her black sports bra and shorts. Daniella blushed, looking down at her body and quickly wrapping her arms around herself, "Just, um, help me, please." Scott's cheeks were burning as he walked up to Ella, clearing his throat and keeping his eyes on her arm only, unwrapping the bandages softly and carefully. When he finished, he smiled softly at Ella, looking her in the eyes then throwing away the bandages in her room's trashcan. Ella returned the soft smile then walked into the restroom, undressing herself completely then turning on the water and getting in. The burning water cascaded down her back, Ella rubbing her neck with her hands as she rolled her neck, loving the feeling of the burning water on her skin. She let the water run over her before she shampoo'd and condition'd her hair, hissing when the water hit her cuts.

Ella washed her hair out then tried her hardest to wash her body with her vanilla scented soap. 'I feel you burning under my skin, I swear I see you shining, Brighter than the flame inside your eyes. Bitter words spoken, Everything broken, It's never too late to bring us back to life. When I close my eyes and try to sleep, I fall apart, I find it hard to breathe. You're the reason, the only reason. Even though my dizzy head is numb, I swear my heart is never giving up. You're the reason, the only reason' Ella sang the lyrics in her head. Afterwards, Ella sighed then turned off the water and stepped out, drying her body off then getting dressed. She walked out of the restroom to see Stiles still asleep and Scott on his phone. Ella knocked softly on the wall, attracting Scott's attention. Ella's wet hair fell to just above her shoulders, her ocean eyes held such an innocent look that Scott feared what the future held for them.

"Can you help me wrap my arm up? Still kinda torn," Ella tried to laugh. Scott smiled and nodded, telling her to sit on the bed as he walked into the bathroom to get the kit. Ella turned to look at the clock: '4:00 am.' She sighed, turning back around to see Scott now kneeling before her, taking her arm into his hand and gently lifting up her sleeve, careful not to graze against her skin. When her sleeve was up to her elbow, Scott took the antibacterial cream, applying it gently then wrapping her arm up. "Come on, lets go get something for you to eat," Scott nodded, taking Ella's hand and leading her downstairs. "You don't think Stiles would mind if we borrowed his Jeep, would he?" Scott asked, twirling the keys around his finger. Ella shook her head and laughed.

Scott parked the Jeep, showing Ella his phone that had the message: 'You stole my Jeep!' in all capital letters. Ella giggled and shook her head, hopping out of the car and into the 7-eleven. Ella practically skipped her way to the slurpee machine, grabbing a medium sized cup and filling it with 'Mountain Dew Blue Shock' flavored icee. She took a sip of it then refilled it, putting the cap on and inserting a straw. She watched as Scott walked over and took a cup the same size of hers, filling his with Coca-Cola slurpee. He grabbed a straw for himself then looked over at Ella, "I dare you to put your mouth under the nozzle."

Ella bit her lip, then thought 'you only live once, right?' And so she put her mouth under the Fanta Cherry nozzle and Scott pushed down on the handle, the slurpee going into Ella's mouth. Scott stopped, and Ella stood up, wiping her mouth with the sleeve of her shirt. Scott shook his head and laughed, "Come on, let's go get some candy." Scott gripped Ella's wrist, pulling her towards the candy aisle. Ella grabbed Skittles, Swedish Fish, Starbursts, Whatchamacallit, and Jolly Ranchers, Scott getting Sour Patch Kids, Trollis, Kit Kats, Reese's, Twix, Milky Way, And Milk Duds. Ella saw Scott pull out a bottle of Smirnoff from the refrigerator and stuck it in his jacket, the store was so cheap they didn't have any detectors.

Ella shook her head and grabbed his candies and slurpee and placed it on the counter where they were to pay for all the junk and drinks. Scott quickly paid for it then they walked out of the store and into the Jeep, sitting down and driving to the old water tower not so far away from the convenient store. Ella reached forward and turned on the radio, 'Let Me Love You' by Mario coming on, sending a smile on Ella's lips. Scott pulled out the Smirnoff, pouring some into Ella's slurpee, not into his because he was the driver. Ella tilted the drink towards Scott for a moment before taking a sip of it, visibly relaxing. "I thought you needed that," Scott shrugged, a smile on his face.

Ella nodded, pulling away the now alcoholic drink from her lips, "I did very much need it, thank you, Scott." "Why do you do it?" Scott asked suddenly. Ella popped some of his Milk Duds into her mouth, "Why do I do what?" "You know what," Scott said with a pointed look.

Ella could feel the vodka all ready affecting her. She was one of those people that could take a sip of alcohol and she'd be stumbling all over the place, so thank goodness she was sitting down. Ella pursed her lips, "Reasons. Reasons that you may never find out." Ella waved around her hands for emphasis, laughing loudly afterwards then popping several colorful colored candies of Skittles into her mouth. "Please, tell me," Scott pleaded, taking a sip of his nonalcoholic beverage. Ella bit her lip, causing Scott to look down at it. The only light for them was the moonlight that came through the Jeep's front window, and Scott could only think about how beautiful Ella looked in the moonlight.

'Listen, Your true beauty's description. Looks so good that it hurts. You're a dime plus ninety-nine, And it's a shame don't even know what you're worth. Everywhere you go they stop and stare, 'Cause you're bad and it shows. From your head to your toes, out of control, baby you know. .'

Scott reached forward and took the drink out of Ella's hands, placing it in the cup holder. Ella mock pouted, "Aw! How dare you? You gave it to me, now you're taking it away?" "Tell me why you do it," Scott insisted, holding the cup behind his shoulder. Ella leaned forward, "Give me the drink, Scotty." "Not until you tell me," Scott said, staring at Ella in the eyes. Ella leaned over the console, "Give me. . the drink." Scott stood his ground, though the temptation to place his lips against Ella's wasn't helping him, "No."

Drunk Ella smirked, reaching forward to try to grab the drink, only to push Scott back into the door, Ella's face now only a couple inches away from his.

'Baby you're a star. I just want to show you, you are. You should let me love you, Let me be the one to Give you everything you want and need. Ooh baby good love and protection. Make me your selection. Show you the way love's supposed to be. Baby you should let me. .'

Ella looked down at Scott's lips, Scott looking at Ella's. Ella closed her eyes and suddenly sobered up, sitting back in her seat, "I like you." Scott's face didn't show any emotion of surprise or shock, or any other emotion other than happiness. A smile plastered itself on his face, his dimples in view and his pearly whites shining in the moonlight. Ella licked her lips, "But I can't have you. I know that you're still in love with Allison. It's obvious. . but there's a thing called the long game. And I'm willing to play it if it means that I'd be able to call you mine one day." Scott's smile faltered, his hands reaching forward to cradle Ella's face. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead, "Long game."

'You should let me love you. Let me be the one to. . Give you everything you want and need. Good love and protection. Make me your selection. Show you the way love's supposed to be. . You should let me love you. Let me be the one to. . Give you everything you want and need. Good love and protection. Make me your selection. Show you the way love's supposed to be yeah. Let me love you.'

'That's all you need baby.'