chapter seventy five.

Ella pried Donovan's hand off of her shoulder and fell to her knees, letting out a huff. She stood back up and grabbed the wrench, "Stiles, look out." She swung the wrench, Stiles lowering his head and the wrench hitting Donovan in the jaw, causing him to fall to the ground. Stiles grabbed his younger sister's hand, "C'mon! Run!" Ella nodded and followed Stiles into the school, the two running through the halls for a while before they got to the library doors. "Shit," Ella breathed out before grabbing her student ID and swiping it over the reader. Stiles pushed the doors open for them and they ran inside, the doors slamming shut behind them. "Go upstairs and hide," Stiles instructed his younger sister who looked at him with worry-full eyes. "But Stiles–" "I'll be fine, Daniella," Stiles nodded, taking the wrench from her hands and kissing her forehead. "Promise be you'll be careful," Ella said, staring into his eyes. Stiles nodded, "I promise, now go!" Ella nodded and darted up the staircase, hiding behind a chair just as Donovan ran into the library.

A buzz echoed throughout the building. "You dropped your phone, Stiles. It's Malia. Should I text her back?" Donovan looked down at the phone before looking around the library, "You two don't really know who I am, do you? Maybe you heard about my father. Did your dad tell you two about him? Did Sheriff Stilinski ever tell you about the time he was still deputy and how his partner got caught in a shoot-out? Did he tell you a bullet shattered my dad's T-9 vertebra? Went right through his spinal cord? Know what that means?" He paused as if he was waiting for the twins to answer him, "It means everything below his waist is useless. And not just his legs. I bet he told you some of it. But I bet he probably left out the part where he was sitting in a car calling for backup while my dad was going in alone. Did he tell you that he was too scared, too much of a frightened little bitch to go in after him? Or do scared little bitches not tell their little bitch sons about their failures? About how they put their partner in a wheelchair for the rest of his life?"

Ella peeled out from her hiding spot, covering her mouth to make sure Donovan wasn't able to hear her heavy breathing. She watched as he began to walk up the staircase, her breath hitching in her throat. She looked at where the staircase ended, expecting to see the boy but saw no sight of him. Ella furrowed her brows, where the hell did he go? A couple seconds later, a crash rang throughout the library. Her eyes flickered over to see Stiles rushing up a scaffolding repairmen, trying to break away from Donovan. "Climb, Stiles!" Ella cried, her brother doing just as she had told him. "Just hide Ella!" Stiles shouted back at his sister. Ella was about to shout again before Donovan grabbed her brother's leg, causing her eyes to widen. "Don't worry, Stiles. I'm not gonna kill you or Ella. I'm just gonna eat your legs," Donovan threatened. Ella then thought of what she could to help her brother; protect him. Her eyes glowed white as she raised her hands and focused on Stiles' figure, her shield radiating off of her and hitting Stiles. Electricity flowed from Stiles's pant leg to Donovan's hand, causing Donovan to switch hands that held his pant. Stiles felt a small hint of power flow within him as he looked up at his sister who nodded to his left. Stiles looked at where he had motioned and pulled a pin leg that held up a part of the structure. Ella watched as several bars fell, one imposing Donovan.

Ella's eyes went back to normal as she got to her feet then ran to Stiles's side. Ella reached forward and placed a hand on the bar that had went through Donovan's body, ready to pull it out; then he coughed and a silvery liquid flowed from his wound. The twins stepped back, Ella looking down at the blood on her hands. "I-is he dead?" Ella asked softly as she looked up from her hands and at her brother. "I- I think so," Stiles replied then walked over to the phone, picking it up and dialing 9-1-1.
"9-1-1 what's your emergency?" The two shared panicked looks, not knowing what to say. "9-1-1 please state your emergency. You've reached 9-1-1, this line is for emergencies only. If you do not have an emergency, please hang up." "Want me to send a car out?" A man asked the woman on the other line, "What's the address?" "It's the school. Beacon Hills High." "Let's see if we got a car in the area," the man said before hanging the phone up. Stiles put the phone down before they glanced over at Donovan. Ella turned back to Stiles, "We should leave. Right now." Stiles nodded and lead the way towards the exit, taking a book to prop the door open when a buzzing came from Donovan's body. Stiles's phone. Stiles frowned before standing up and walking to his body, taking the phone out of Donovan's pocket and putting it in his own. Stiles walked over to Ella and grabbed her hand, "Let's go."

They ran outside, Ella getting inside the Jeep and buckling herself in the passenger's seat. Stiles managed to get the Jeep starting before he got inside. As the sirens of a police car got closer to them, Stiles turned off the headlights and reversed the Jeep into a dark corner of the parking lot. The deputy stopped the car in front of the school and went inside, the twins sharing a nervous look. Ella reached forward and took Stiles's hand into her bloody one, "Sorry for the blood." Stiles shook his head at his sister, their breathing heavy. The deputy came back out and Stiles turned on the radio he had in his Jeep, "I'm 10-97 and there's no one here. It's a 653," The male deputy stated. "Roger that. It's a prank call. Return to your patrol," the woman they heard before said. "What?" They breathed out simultaneously as they watched the truck drive away then jumped out of the vehicle and ran inside the school. Their eyes widened as they stepped foot in the library. Donovan's bloody body was gone and the scene looked like a normal library that was being repaired.

The siblings were up in Stiles's room, Stiles writing on his board: 'Donovan not dead' and 'walked out.' Ella bit her lip and furrowed her brows, taking the chalk from Stiles's hand and writing down: 'Donovan dead' with dead underlined several times. Stiles inhaled sharply before exhaling, Ella doing the same. How did Donovan's body just disappear into thin air? How was everything put back to normal in a matter of seconds? Donovan was dead, though. Wasn't he? Ella licked her lips as she wrote down 'someone took the body.' Ella shook her head and threw the chalk at the board frustratedly, Stiles taking the eraser and erasing all the writing, crying out then throwing it at the board like Ella had done with the chalk. Stiles ran his hands through his hair as Ella shook her head slowly, "I don't get it. His body couldn't have just vanished! Nobody else was there!" Ella inhaled and exhaled, looking at her brother, "Forget that, hows your shoulder?" Stiles placed his hand on his shoulder and winced, giving Ella her answer. "How's yours?"

Stiles's phone then buzzed, Stiles taking it out and putting it on speaker. "Scott?" Stiles asked. "Stiles, someone's taking the bodies," Scott said, causing Ella and Stiles to go silent as they shared a look. "Stiles? You there?" "Yeah. Um. . Where? What are you talking about?" Stiles asked. "I'm at the Animal Clinic. Tracy's body is gone. The lock on the door was broken from the outside. And my mom just told me Lucas's body went missing from the morgue. They've been searching the whole hospital for it. Someone's stealing the bodies."