chapter twenty one.

Stiles woke Ella up, taking her hand then stopping. "Stiles! Ella! Let's go!" Isaac called. Stiles kept overlooking the word, 'guardian,' that was on a paper on a clipboard. "Stiles?" Ella asked sleepily, rubbing her tired eyes. "Come on," Stiles said, taking her hand and running into the hospital, Isaac calling after them.

The twins ran into the hall, skidding, "Hey, Scott! Scott wait!" The two stopped at the elevator, seeing Derek's body on the ground. The two then followed Scott's footsteps. The two ran through the halls and up the stairs that lead to the roof, seeing Scott slowly walking towards Deucalion. "Scott?" Stiles asked. Scott stopped, looking over his shoulder. "Scott, don't do this, don't go with him. I can't lose you too," Ella pleaded. "I don't know what else to do," Scott said.

"No, there's g– Scott, there's got to be something else, okay?" Ella asked, a tear in her eye as she stepped up to Scott, despite her brother trying to grip her arm. "We always. . we always have a plan B," Stiles tried. "Not this time," Scott shook his head, tears in his eyes as he began to walk towards Deucalion. "Scott," Ella choked out. "Hey, I'm gonna find your dad," Scott said, placing a hand on Ella's cheek, "I promise." Scott then placed a kiss to Ella's lips, both hands on her cheeks. Ella closed her eyes and savored the taste of his lips on her, ignoring the fact that Stiles would give her a lecture later on. Scott then pulled away, walking with Deucalion. "Scott!" Ella shouted.

When he didn't turn, Ella shook her head and ran into her brothers arms, Stiles placing a hand in his baby sisters hair, holding her tight to his chest.

Stiles slapped Derek several times. "Derek? Derek, come on!" Stiles shouted. When Stiles was going to punch Derek, Derek gripped his wrist, "Where is she?" "Jennifer? Gone with Scott's mom," Ella spoke. "He took her?" Derek asked. "Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So we gotta get you out of here. The police are coming right now, and we gotta get you the hell out of here," Stiles said, beginning to help Derek up. "Whoa. What about Cora?"

Stiles and Ella turned their heads to see Rafe, Scott's father, also FBI agent, walking up to them. "Oh, just perfect," the twins muttered. "The Stilinski twins at the center of this whole mess. What a shocker. Think you two can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?" Rafe asked, standing in front of the twins. "If you ask the questions without the usual level of stupid," Ella scoffed. "Where's your dad, and why's no one been able to contact him?" Rafe asked. "How should we know? We haven't seen him in hours," Stiles replied. "Is he drinking again?" Rafe asked. "What do you mean, again?" Ella asked.

"He never had to stop," Stiles added. "But he did have to slow down. Is he drinking like he used to?" Rafe asked. "All right, how about this? Next time we see him, I'll give him a field sobriety test, okay?" Stiles asked, glancing at Ella who kept her gaze straight at Scott's father. "And we'll do the alphabet, start with 'F,' end with 'U,'" Ella finished, crossing her arms over her chest. "How about you just tell me what the hell happened here?" Rafe asked.

"We don't know what happened here. We were stuck in the elevators the whole time," Stiles said. "You're not the ones who put the name on the doors, are you?" Rafe asked. Ella and Stiles shared a glance before looking at Rafe, "What name?"

"The word is guardian, Allison. More than anyone, you know that's a role I haven't exactly lived up to lately," Chris said as he lead Allison, Stiles, and Ella into his office. "But she took Scott's mother and Stiles and Ella's father. That's not a coincidence," Allison said. "Yeah, I'd also consider the fact that someone put your name up in large block letters on the elevator doors. That kind of felt like a warning to me," Stiles said. "I think it might be Morrell. She knows a lot more than she lets on, and she might even be trying to help us," Allison said. "Well, she needs to get on that a lot faster, okay? Seeing as how the lunar eclipse is less than two freaking nights away," Stiles said, sitting in a chair. "Stiles, don't give up hope," Chris said. "How could he not?" Ella asked, "They could already be dead."

"I don't think so. There's something about Jennifer's tactics. It's like she's still positioning, still moving pieces into place," Chris said. "And you're one of them," Allison stated. Chris pulled out a map, "Then let's not wait around to see the next move. Everything she's done has been on a telluric current, so Melissa and the sheriff have to be somewhere on one of those currents, right? Stiles, Ella, if we're gonna find them, we need your help." "You seriously want to go after her? I mean, what if she just takes you like the others, huh?" Ella squinted her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Yeah, and no offense, but what's the difference between you and them?" Stiles asked. "I'm carrying a .45. Maybe she can heal from a shot to the leg and a few slashes to the face, but personally, I'd like to see how she holds up with half her skull blown off. We've got one priority right now, and that is to find Melissa and your dad. We've got a map and every clue we need to figure this out. The only thing we don't have is time, which is why I need all three of you," Chris said, leaning on his table.

Ella looked down at her brother, Stiles looking up at her. It was as if the two communicated telepathically. Ella nodded, Stiles nodding back then both twins looking at Chris. "Where do we start?" Stiles asked for both of them. "The place where the sacrifices have been committed have usually been different from where the bodies have been found," Stiles stood up and leaned on the table as Chris spoke, "I think the placement has to do with the strength of the current, so there's the school, the animal clinic, the bank." "Wait a sec, she wouldn't use the same place twice, would she?" Ella asked. Chris looked up at her, "Only if she didn't succeed the first time." "Scott's boss," Allison said. "Deaton," The Twins said simultaneously. "It was her only failure. That could mean something," Chris insisted. "That's just one place so far. We're gonna need a lot more help," Stiles said.

"What about Lydia?" Allison suggested. "Lydia? What can she do?" Chris asked. "Uh, Lydia's got sort of a talent. She somehow ended up finding a couple of the bodies, um, without actually looking for them," Stiles answered. "What is she? Psychic?" Chris asked. Ella nodded, "She's something."

Stiles and Ella watched as Allison and her father pulled out multiple guns, crossbows, and knives. "I thought you guys were retired," Stiles said. "Retired, yes. Defenseless, no. Make sure your phone's on. If you hear from Scott, you let us know immediately," Chris said. Ella sighed, "Yeah, I'm thinking that's gonna be kind of unlikely." "The three of you, especially you Ella, try to remember he's just doing what he thinks is right," Chris said. Allison nodded over Chris's shoulder causing them to turn to see Isaac. "I can't shoot a gun or use a crossbow, but. . Well, I'm I'm getting pretty good with these," Isaac said as he threw out his claws.

"I don't believe it. Scott can't really be with them. He can't be," Lydia shook her head. "I never would've thought it either, but he did it anyways," Ella said, looking down at her black timberlands. "You didn't see the look on his face, though. It was. ." Stiles trailed off. "Then what can I do? I mean, I get that I'm some kind of, like, human geiger counter for death, but I don't know how to turn it on and off yet. All I know is that she tried to kill me because of. ." Lydia trailed off. "Because of what?" Ella asked, "Hey, Lydia, what?" "When she called me a banshee, she was surprised by it. What if that's not why she tried to kill me?" Lydia asked. "Then why did she?" Stiles asked. "That's what we need to find out," Lydia stated.