chapter nineteen.

Scott took Ella home so she could change, Ella changing into a pastel pink sweater and overalls. Scott then drove him and Ella to the band recital, the two walking in hand-in-hand. Ella looked around for Danny, wanting to wish him good luck. Once she finally spotted him, she said a quick 'be back' to Scott before jogging up to Danny. Danny smiled at the sight of Ella's small frame, Ella hugging him tightly. "Hey there, Danny boy," Ella smiled. Danny laughed, "Hey, Ella. Came to see me rock?" "If playing the trumpet means 'rocking' then sure. How're you feeling?" Ella asked.

Danny shrugged, "Better than before, well enough to play this recital in front of everyone." Ella smiled, seeing Ethan coming up to the two, she nodded and hugged him once more, "Well, gotta go. You rock this building, all right, lover boy?" Danny rolled his eyes yet smiled and nodded, turning to Ethan who gave Ella a polite smile. Ella, being the nice person she was, smiled back, patting Ethan's shoulder as she passed him, stopping to see Aiden leaning against the wall, looking at the three of them. "Don't you ruin your brothers happiness," Ella whispered, knowing Aiden could hear her. Ella then found Scott, smiling softly at him and standing beside him. Scott and Ella turned their heads to see Lydia walking up to them. "Hey Lyds, I thought you were going home," Ella greeted. "I can't," Lydia said, "I don't know why I am the one that keeps finding the bodies, but maybe if I just stopped trying to fight it, I'd find them before it happens," Lydia looked at Scott, "Maybe with enough time for someone like you to do something about it."

"You get me the time, and I'll do something about it. I swear to God, I will," Scott replied. Lydia nodded, gripping Scott's hand then letting go. Ella bit her lip and looked away, not knowing why a wave of jealousy was rushing over her. Ella kept her gaze straight, feeling butterflies when she felt Scott's hand slip into hers. Ella looked down at her white converse, Scott pressing a kiss to her temple.

Everything was okay for the first couple minutes of the recital. Then everyone noticed something — someone — was missing. Lydia.

"Lydia!" Stiles shouted as he, Ella, and Scott ran out of the school's double doors. "Lydia!" Scott and Ella shouted. Scott looked around, using his supernatural vision to try to spot the strawberry blonde girl. "Anything?" Stiles asked. Scott replied with a shake of his head. Ella took out her phone, scrolling through the multiple text messages she had sent Lydia, "She's not answering her texts. What do we do? Hello? Scott!"

Scott suddenly clamped his hands down on his ears, groaning in pain as he fell to his knees. "Scott?" Ella asked, now in worry. "Scott?" Stiles asked. Scott didn't reply to the siblings, he only recovered from whatever had hurt his ears and began to run back into the school building. Daniella and Stiles shared a look before sighing and beginning to run in Scott's direction.

When they arrived to where they had seen Scott last turn, Ella caught a glimpse of Lydia tied to a chair, a wire around her neck, Miss Blake stood beside her. Miss Blake turned in the direction of the twins and pushed the desk against the door, blocking their way in. Both teens began to shove against the door, trying to get it open to save Ella. When Stiles stopped to look through the window, Ella stopped as well. Stiles and Ella were only able to see through with one eye each. Ella watched with burning tears in her eyes as her father spoke to the woman, shooting her in the thigh. Miss Blake seemed to heal, causing a small gasp to escape Ella's lips. Miss Blake picked Sheriff Stilinski up by the knife that was stabbed into his shoulder, Ella shouting for her father with tears streaming down her face. Miss Blake slammed Stilinski into the chairs, both Ella and Stiles trying their hardest to get through to their father.

Miss Blake snatched Stilinski's badge off his shirt, squishing it in her hand then dropping it to the floor. Miss Blake then placed a kiss to Stilinski's lips, Stilinski's eyes widening to see a horrific creature in place of Miss Blake. Stiles and Ella looked down for a moment, breaking the door open and sliding through. Stiles and Ella ran into the room, stopping to see no sight of their father.

"Dad?" "Daddy?"

Both of the twins's lips quivered,fearful tears in their eyes. Their breathing was heavy, the two of them staring at the large opening in the window.

Stiles, Scott, and Ella walked into Derek's loft, hard looks on their faces. "So they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?" Jennifer asked Derek. Stiles and Ella now had tears in their eyes, Ella right beside her brother. "We told him you're the one killing people," Scott stated. "Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense," Jennifer said sarcastically. "Where's our dad?" Stiles and Ella asked, tears rolling down their cheeks and Ella's voice cracking. "How should I know?" Jennifer asked, turning back to Derek, "Derek, tell me you don't believe this."

Derek glanced up at Ella and Stiles, his heart breaking at the sight of Ella. Ella's hair was in multiple places from pulling it, sleeves pulled up to reveal some scars, eyes puffy and red and tears falling out rapidly. "Do you know what happened to Stiles and Ella's father?" Derek asked, looking back at Jennifer. "No," Jennifer shook her head. "Ask her why she almost killed Lydia," Scott put out. "Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that," Jennifer shook her head. Derek shook his head, "What do you know?"

"I know that these teenagers, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story," Jennifer looked at the teenagers, "And one they can't prove, by the way." Scott held up a jar with powder, "What if we can?" "What is that?" Jennifer asked. Scott stepped forward, slowly taking the top off the jar, "My boss told me it's a poison and a cure which means you can use it and it can be used against you." "Mistletoe?" Jennifer sneered. Scott then threw the mistletoe onto Jennifer, Jennifer using her hands to shield her face as the powder surrounded her. She screamed as her true self was revealed, before the innocent mask was put on once again.

Derek looked Jennifer up and down with clear shock in his eyes, and as Jennifer was about to leave, Derek gripped her by the throat with one hand and whipped out his claws in the other. "Derek, wait, wait! You need me," Jennifer choked out. "What are you?" Derek asked. "The only person who can save your sister. Call Peter. Call him!"

Derek soon got Peter on the phone and asked how was Cora's physical state. "It's not good. She's in and out of consciousness. She's vomiting up black blood along with one other alarming substance," Peter responded. "Mistletoe," Derek growled. "How did you know that?. . Derek." Derek squeezed Jennifer's neck in his hands, causing her to gasp for air. "Derek, what are you doing?" Scott asked. "Her life. . it's in my hands!" Jennifer choked out as Derek lifted her off the ground. "Stop. Derek, stop!" Stiles called. "Stilinski, you'll never find him," Jennifer shook her head. "Derek," Ella choked. "Derek!" Scott shouted. Derek dropped Jennifer to the ground. "That's right," Jennifer looked up, "You need me. All of you."