chapter sixty five.

"Daniella Nicole, focus, come on! You said you were focusing the other night and you did it so try now!" Ella furrowed her brows, "You're making this way harder than I think it's supposed to be, Scott. By the way, it was silent and Liam was in actual danger." Ella looked at Scott who was hanging upside down off of a tree branch. "I am in actual danger! Imagine that I'm being held upside down on a cliff!" Scott said, waving his hands around. "Why would we be at a cliff?" Ella asked, cocking her head to the side.

"That's not the point, Elle!" Scott said, "Just focus, okay?" Ella sighed and nodded, closing her eyes and focusing on trying to protect Scott from being thrown off of an imaginary cliff. Her lips parted open, the waves radiating off of her like the other night. Just as they were about to reach Scott, he fell and ruined Ella's concentration. She opened her eyes to glare at her boyfriend who smiled cheekily at her, "Sorry, babe."

Ella stood from the grass and walked over to Scott, helping him up from the ground and shaking her head, "I need someone who could really end up in big trouble. In a position where they cannot help themselves." "So. . Stiles?" Scott asked, raising a brow. Ella chuckled, "Yeah, I need Stiles, but let's do that another time. For now, we're supposed to be on date," Ella reminded Scott. Scott nodded, "Right, I'm sorry. I just wanted to try to help you figure out the shield if it ever was needed. But you always figure these things–" "On my own when there's no distractions," Ella finished for him, patting his arm. Scott nodded, sighing.

"Can we try again at least one more time?" Scott asked with puppy eyes. Ella narrowed her eyes, "No, Scott, I wanted to go eat." "We are! I just want you to have this under control," Scott tried to convince her, but it didn't work. They've been together for almost a year now, things that worked in the early time of the relationship didn't work now. They've gotten more comfortable with each other and didn't care how they looked if they weren't on a date or how they acted around one another.

They were together and when they're together, they're amazing. "Scott, no. We can do this another day, okay? I'll bring you and Stiles so you can come up with another crazy scenario that could never actually happen for either of you," Ella smiled, patting his shoulder before walking past him and into the park.

Scott nodded once and turned to follow his girlfriend. "So how did you just pull that out of no where?" Scott asked her, Ella rolling her eyes. "I don't know, Scott. I was focusing on Liam, who I wanted to protect, then it just started to radiate off of me and boom, I was protecting him in a new way. You act like I have tons of experience with this," Ella scoffed, looking at the vacant playground. "But it was so quick. You didn't even have to think about it," Scott said, the two of them sitting in swings. Ella laughed lightly, "I know, it was pretty extraordinary."

Scott held Ella's hand as they swung together, eventually their hands pulling apart due to Ella swinging higher. She let out laughs as she tilted back, looking at the clear blue sky. "Ella, be careful," Scott scolded, keeping an eye on her.

Ella shook her head, "I'm fine! Look, I'm gonna jump." "Ella, don't," Scott said, but it was too late. Ella jumped off of the swing, the waves radiating off of her and instead of her landing harshly, she practically floated down then let out a gasp when her feet hit the ground. Ella looked to Scott and shrugged.

When they got to the Stilinski household, Scott called Stiles down from his room. Stiles of course groaned all the way down the stairs. When he got into the living room he snapped at them, "What do you want?" "The other night at La Iglesia Ella protected Liam with an invisible shield. Can you tell her that we may need that in the future and she needs to learn how to not only control it but use it?" Scott asked his best friend. Stiles furrowed his brows, "I thought you let that go already."

"He's never going to let it go," Ella shook her head. Stiles sighed before looking at his sister, "Ella, I hate to say it, but Scott's right. You being an actual shield could help a hell of a ton." "But literally nothing has come at us for two months!" Ella exclaimed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"We never know what could happen," Scott argued. Ella narrowed her eyes at him and turned back to her brother.

"Stiles, please tell your best friend that I will learn it when I want to and not when I am being forced to," Ella commanded, causing Stiles to look between the two. "Woah, I think this is y'alls first argument," Stiles said, furrowing his brows and motioning between them. "No it's not. Ella's just being selfish and is only thinking about herself," Scott shrugged.

Ella's jaw dropped as she looked at her boyfriend, "Are you kidding me right now? I'm being selfish? Scott, these are my own powers." Stiles slowly started to step away. Though Ella was facing Scott she still shouted at Stiles, "Don't you dare try to leave."

"Your powers that could save us one day! Save me! Save Liam! Save Stiles! Save yourself!" Scott exclaimed, waving his arms around for emphasis. Ella licked her lips and rolled her eyes at him. "Roll your eyes one more time," Scott shook his head. Ella raised her brows and stared Scott in the eyes before rolling hers. "God, Ella, you're such a pain!" Scott shouted. "If I'm such a pain then why don't you just leave? I wouldn't want to be with a pain like me either," Ella snapped, shaking her head.

Stiles's eyes widened, he had never heard them argue. "Maybe I will leave," Scott shrugged, grabbing his helmet from the coffee table. "Good!" Ella exclaimed. "Great," Scott scoffed, walking to the door. "I don't need anyone reminding about how much of a pain I am! I already here it enough from my own self!" Ella shouted, her hands pointing to herself.

Scott turned around and shook his head at Ella, seeing how her eyes were watering up. But he didn't say anything. Instead, he walked out. When the door shut, Ella turned to Stiles. Stiles opened his arms for his twin. "Did we really just argue?" Ella asked with furrowed brows. Stiles nodded, "Yeah, Taylor Swift has a couple songs about it. But it's Scott. He'll get over it." "That was stupid, though!" Ella exclaimed to her brother.

"It's what couples do, Dani. They disagree then fight, but they get over it eventually," Stiles shrugged. Ella nodded and walked past her brother. "So I don't get a hug?" Stiles called at her. "Not in the mood."