chapter ninety three.

As they came to a stop, Liam spoke up. "I'll do it," he said, making both Ella and Scott turn. Ella shook her head, "Liam —" "It should be me. If you get me close enough, I'll do it," Liam nodded, reaching for the sword in Scott's hand. Scott switched it to the other hand, "We're not killing your best friend."

"That belongs to me." The three teens turned to see Sebastian not too far away. "It's a family heirloom. I'd like it back, please," he said. "Fuck no —" "It's all yours," Scott cut Ella off, "Just give us Mason." "Unfortunately, I would not know where to begin. And while I've benefited from his memories, I don't have much use for an alter ego," Sebastian told them. Scott and Liam pushed Ella behind them as they transformed. "You want it?" Scott asked, "Come and get it."

Sebastian's eyes glowed the blue that Mason's had hours before. Ella let out a shaky breath and looked down at her hands, trying to come up with something she could do.

The sword was thrown to the ground as the boys fought with Sebastian. Ella stood alone to the side, not having any supernatural abilities except for her power to blind people; of course that was cool and all, but it wasn't very helpful in this situation. The boys were soon sent to land on either side of Ella, making her eyes widen. The boys growled before going to attack him again. Sebastian pounded his large fists into the ground, causing the three teens to be sent into the air as if there was no gravity. Ella hit the metal poles on the wall before she landed on the ground. She arched her back as she let out a loud groan. Sebastian stepped towards Scott and Ella. He morphed back into his human form and took a grip of Scott's throat, pushing him against the wall.

"You're strong. There's no doubt in that. But neither of you fight with a killer instinct. Let me show you how to go for the throat," Sebastian spoke to Scott. "No!" Ella gasped as she felt around, trying to get back onto her feet. Her eyes flickered up to see Liam grab the sword. "Liam, wait. We can still save Mason," Scott told Liam. "Who's going to save you?" Liam asked.

"What kind of werewolves are you?" Sebastian asked. "No!" Scott shouted in an animalistic voice just as Liam charged at Sebastian. Sebastian pushed him back with one hand. Liam flew into Ella who had just gotten to her feet, making the two of them groan. Sebastian turned back to Scott and tightened his grip on Scott's throat, Scott falling to his knees. Sebastian dug his claws into the back of Scott's neck, Scott's eyes going wide. "Marie-Jeanne?" Sebastian asked as he pulled his claws out of Scott's neck. Scott took the chance and pushed himself out of Sebastian's grip.

"Mason," Lydia said as she and Kira rounded the corner and into their view. "I think you're gonna need to try it a little louder," Kira advised as Sebastian made his way towards them. Once Sebastian had formed into the Beast, Lydia gave him a challenging look with her eyes before screaming out Mason's name in a way Ella had never heard her scream before. The Beast diffused into the figure of Mason Hewitt, making Ella let out a breath of relief. From the wall, Corey appeared and caught Mason just before he had fell. The Beast flew away in some sort of smoke before Parrish appeared and grabbed it by the neck, "Scott!"

Scott ran and grabbed the sword from the ground, throwing it to the Beast. It slowly disappeared. Liam ran and helped Ella up, wrapping her arm around his shoulders. "Is everyone okay?" Scott asked, clearly not seeing Ella's state. "Not everyone," Theo said, earning everyone's attention. From the other side of the tunnel he stood, electricity crackling all around him. Theo went to throw electricity onto the teens, but Kira stepped forward and stopped it with her sword. Her eyes turned their neon orange color as she spoke, "The Skinwalkers have a message for you, Theo. Your sister wants to see you."

With that, she dug her sword into the ground and caused it to crack open. From beside Theo, a whole opened and a hand crawled out. The body of Tara Raeken rose from hell. Ella went breathless as she watched the scene unfold. Tara grabbed onto Theo's ankles and slowly pulled him. "Daniella, help me! No! No! Daniella!" Theo and Ella's eyes never broke apart from one another. Ella was frozen in place. "Help me, Daniella! No! Ella! Help me!" With a final crack of his voice, the whole closed and Theo Raeken was gone.

The ground closed itself up as if nothing had happened.

Ella sat down on Scott's bed, still frozen. Scott didn't recognize it at first. He walked to his drawers and got out a pair of clothes of his to lend her. She grabbed the clothing and walked into his bathroom, making sure to take her phone as well. Ella put on Ed Sheeran, knowing his soothing voice would automatically calm her down. She set her phone beside the sink, turned on the shower and undressed herself before pressing play on her playlist. The brunette stepped into the shower and let the scorching hot water cascade down her back. Ella turned so her front was facing the water. She washed her face and ran a hand through her hair. She turned around and began to shampoo and condition her hair.

Afterwards, she stood in the water with no emotion. Her thoughts drifted off to Theo. Sure he was a bad guy and he had killed her boyfriend, but he did what he did to survive. He was a monster, but why should he apologize if no one had apologized for making him that way? He was a teenager. Just like her.

After a while of thinking about him, Ella turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. She dried off her body and put her hair up with the towel. She dressed herself and walked out of the bathroom, finding Scott waiting for her at the edge of his bed. In his hands was a pack of Oreos and some orange juice. Ella grinned and walked over to him, letting her hair down from the towel and throwing the towel into the basket he put the rest of his dirty clothes. She sat down beside him and took the gallon of orange juice. She poured it into one of the plastic cups he had and poured a cup for him as well. "Here's to lasting this long," she chuckled. Scott lifted his cup and tilted his head a tad, "And here's to another thing we've gone through together. Here's to the many other things we'll get through together. Here's to us."

Ella smiled and they both took a drink of their orange juice.