chapter twenty.

Scott, Stiles, and Ella got out of the Jeep, Scott helping Ella out since it was raining and she could easily slip and fall. Scott turned to see Stiles holding up a baseball bat, "What's that?" "Well, you got claws. I got a bat," Stiles shrugged as they walked into the hospital. "Scott! Scott!" Everyone stopped in the hall to turn to see Melissa jogging up to them, "What are you doing here? The hospital's evacuating." "We're here for Cora, Melissa," Ella spoke softly, walking up to Scott's mother. Melissa ran a hand through Ella's now wet hair, hugging her despite her wetness, "What, all of you? Why does Stiles have my bat?" Ella released from Melissa and stepped back, Scott taking her hand into his, "Mom, just trust me on this. You need to get out of here. Right now." Melissa looked at everyone else before her eyes landed on Ella's ocean eyes, something in her sad eyes caused Melissa to give in, "The building is supposed to be clear in 30 minutes. We've got two ambulances that are coming back. One's 10 minutes out, the other's 20. Cora needs to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage."

"Got it," Scott nodded. "Okay," Melissa said, watching as everyone jogged into the elevator. "You don't have to keep me on a leash, Derek. I'm going to help," Jennifer said before looking over at Scott who glared daggers at her. She then looked over at Stiles to see him holding his bat in fight mode, ready to swing at any moment. Lastly, Jennifer looked at Daniella who stood beside Scott, their hands together and tears falling from her eyes. 'Please be okay. . wherever you are' Ella whispered to herself about her father. Jennifer's features softened, Ella was honestly one of the most purest and innocent teenagers she had ever met.

The elevator doors opened and everyone walked into the hall as the lights flickered. All around them were empty hospital beds, and Ella's surroundings made her want to puke; she's hated hospitals since the death of her mother. They stopped at a hospital room where black blood was splattered everywhere. Ella licked then bit her bottom lip, she was disgusted by the sight of it. "Derek," Scott said. Then they heard movement behind the double doors, and then Peter was being flown through it and falling at their feet. "We got a problem. Big problem," Peter said, looking forward. Everyone turned their gazes to see what he was looking at, seeing the twins in their alpha form. Ella stepped back from Scott, sticking behind Stiles. Derek soon transformed, going after the twins. The three fought, Scott soon joining.

Ella spotted Cora's body on the other side of them, the other Hale laying down on the ground. Ella nudged her brother, who spotted it as well, and they got Peter up and ran towards Cora when the twins had Scott held up against the wall. "Ethan, Aiden, stop! You don't know what you're doing," Scott tried. "All we want is her," they growled. Then the elevator doors dinged, and everyone was reminded of the woman who they had captured, and they saw that she had gotten away.

Stiles, Ella, Derek, and Scott ran through the morgue. "Don't stop, don't stop!" Derek exclaimed. Stiles stopped and hid behind the door, holding up his bat. "Stiles!" Ella exclaimed. She then watched as her idiotic brother hit the alpha twins upside the head with the bat, the bat breaking into many pieces. "Oh my god, are you freaking kidding me?!" Ella shouted, "Get your ass over here before they turn you into pieces!" Stiles quickly ran as the twins roared loudly. Scott jumped up, roaring as he dropped down a light to knock the twins out and giving them a chance to run.

"Where's the big guy?" Peter asked as they ran into the medication room. "He's close," Derek said. "What about Ms Blake?" Ella asked, looking at Scott. Scott responded with a shake of his head. "What do you mean? What does that mean? Like, she's gone? - Scott, are you kidding me?" Ella exclaimed. "Shh, quiet!" Derek hushed. "Don't tell my baby sister to be quiet, all right?" Stiles asked, getting up in Derek's face, "So you're telling her what to do now? When your psychotic, mass murdering girlfriend the second one you've dated, by the way has got our dad somewhere, tied up, waiting to be ritually sacrificed?" "Stiles, they're still out there," Scott tried to calm Stiles down. Ella walked behind Stiles, gripping his forearm.