chapter fourty two.

Ella, Scott, Ethan, and Aiden walked out of the elevator and Ella rang the doorbell to the Argents's penthouse. Allison opened it then lead them to her father's office, "My father said all of the Katashi evidence is being moved to a Federal Lockup by armored car tonight. Probably within the next few hours." "We're going to rob an armored car?" Ethan asked. "Well," Lydia pursed her lips, "we're going to try." Ella licked her lips, "What even is life anymore?" Everyone walked into the office, Allison and Lydia explaining the plan. Aiden sat on one of the chairs in front of Chris's desk and Ella sat on the arm of it. Aiden looked at Ella, seeing the Lichtenberg figure on her neck. "Hey, Ella, what's this?" Aiden asked as he traced over the marks.

Ella sighed, "It's called a Lichtenberg figure. Basically when it goes away the nogitsune will have power over Stiles, also means that the nogitsune will have a grip on me." Scott glared at Aiden the way he was touching Ella's skin, and the way Ella just let him. Scott knew that Aiden thought Ella was 'hot', him and Aiden had a talk, yet Aiden still flirted with Ella any chance he could. "So what's the deal with you and Stiles? Did the nogitsune split in two or something?" Aiden asked. Ella looked over her shoulder at him, "No. The protector in me basically betrayed us. We're two different people, just remember that so you guys don't think that I betrayed us." Ella shivered, Aiden's hands were cold as he continued to trace over them.

"We all know you wouldn't do that," Aiden whispered. Ella looked up at Scott who looked as if he could pounce on Aiden at any moment. Ella bit her lip and stood then walked over to Scott and slid her hand into his, calming him down. "This is a really bad plan," Scott said as he breathed out. "It's not that bad," Lydia said. "It's not that good," Ethan said as he crossed his arms. "None of us knows the route they're going to take. If Allison can get one of her dad's GPS trackers on the armored car then we can follow it," Lydia said.

"So when it gets here," Allison pointed to a place on the map. "We attack them?" Aiden guessed. Lydia turned to him, "No. Your bikes will be in the middle of the road, looking like you guys got into an accident. And when the driver gets out to help–" "We attack him?" Aiden guessed again. "No," the girls said simultaneously. "You'll distract him and Scott will break open the back door," Lydia said, turning around to look at Scott. "I hope," Scott said. "And you'll get Katashi's finger," Lydia said, looking at Ethan. "It's not his actual finger, is it?" Ethan asked, causing Ella to crack a small smile. "You are so out of our league," Lydia said.

"Why aren't we just going to Stilinski for help?" Ethan asked. Ella then sighed, "Because if he gets caught, then it's the Sheriff tampering with federal evidence." "Guys, this is going to work," Allison spoke up, "We can do this. We're losing Stiles. My Dad's in jail for murder. We need to do this."

     Ella walked down the stairs of her house, "Babe? Have you seen my jacket?" "Which one?" Scott called from her room. "The Black One!" Ella called back, looking through the downstairs closet. "You have a lot of black jackets! Which one?!" Scott shouted. Ella furrowed her brows, "The one that says Stilinski on the back!" "Oh! Your soccer one?" Scott asked. Ella nodded, "Yeah!" "It's right here!" Scott shouted. "Can you bring it down?" Ella shouted back. "Yeah!" Scott shouted back. Ella nodded and walked towards the door when she heard the doorbell ring. She furrowed her brows to see Kira standing outside, "What are you doing here?" Ella opened the door for Kira, welcoming her in. "I want to help," Kira said as Scott walked down the stairs, looking at her weirdly, "I'm not sure it's such a good idea."

"Because of my mother?" Kira asked him. "No," Ella shook her head, "We know that's not your fault." "Yeah, but it still feels like it is," Kira said, "And if I can help, shouldn't I?" Ella licked her lips, Scott answering Kira, "People who help us usually end up getting hurt. Badly." Kira nodded and walked closer to the living room, "Okay, but I've been practicing." Ella then noticed that Kira had a rectangular and skinny bag, "Practicing what?" "I've been picking this up really fast. Like crazy fast," Kira said as she swished out a katana. Both Ella and Scott leaned back, Scott placing a hand in front of Ella protectively, "You sure about that?" "Sorry," Kira apologized, "Watch." Ella lowered Scott's hand and watched as Kira slashed and swung at the air, Ella and Scott's eyes widening with impression. "Okay," Scott nodded. "You're coming," Ella added.

     Ella watched as Kira ran over to the vehicle and placed a GPS on it, smiling back at everyone before her expression turned into one Of panic when she heard the door of the building open. Deputy Parrish made his way out, Kira running to hide at the side of the van. Parrish said something as he opened the door, then looked away and held his gun up Incase he saw someone who had shot his partner. "We have to do something," Ella muttered. Then Kincaid jumped out of the back of the van and attacked Parrish, Parrish blacking out. "Who the hell is that?" Ella and Scott asked simultaneously. Allison put her crossbow down, "Kincaid." They watched as Kincaid got out Katashi's silver finger, holding it up and smirking.

Allison, Scott, and Ella made their way over, Allison holding her crossbow up. "We need that finger," Ella nodded. Kincaid turned and chuckled, "Why should I give it to you? Even if you are a pretty little thing." Ella felt disgusted, taking a step back. "There's a briefcase in there with $150,000 in it," Allison said, not putting her crossbow down. "The scroll inside this prosthetic finger is worth three million," Kincaid said. "Give me the finger," Scott demanded, "You know what I mean." Kira then jumped down from the top of the building and landed on Kincaid's back, only to be thrown and pushed to the side. "I guess negotiations are over," Kincaid said in an animalistic voice, fangs out and blue eyes glowing bright. He growled loudly, Ella taking another step back and squinting her eyes. Allison shot an arrow only for him to grab it and break it. Kira swung at him, but he picked her up by the neck and threw her to the wall. He then back-handed slapped Allison. Scott then walked forward and hit Kincaid's right cheek, then left, then punched his gut.

Scott went to punch him again, but Kincaid stopped his hand. Scott went again with his other hand, but Kincaid stopped that one too and banged his head against Scott's. Ella stood back, glancing up to see the twins looking down at them. Ella knew she couldn't do anything because her protector side was only protecting Stiles at the current moment. Ella sighed and motioned for the twins to help. Scott went back again to punch, but Kincaid dodges it then kicked him in the gut. Kincaid threw him down, crouching down, "You have the eyes of an alpha. But where's the strength?"

"Up here," Aiden said, causing Kincaid to look up. The twins growled then swung themselves over the ledge, Aiden kicking Kincaid in the jaw. Ethan then tried to hit him, but Kincaid threw him to the side. Ella and Lydia hugged for a second before Lydia ran to help Lydia up. The twins continued to battle with Kincaid, Ella running to help Scott up. Ella grabbed his forearms, slowly helping him up, "Are you okay? Are you hurting anywhere?" Scott shook his head, a small smile on his lips, "You care about me." Ella rolled her eyes yet smiled. The twins continued to punch him before they threw him at Ella and Scott's feet. "Ethan, Aiden, stop!" Scott shouted. "Stop!" Lydia shouted. "Stop it!" Ella shouted, the twins stumbling back.

"You want him to come after us?" Aiden asked. "Scott, we've seen guys like this. Trust us. He's dangerous," Ethan added. "So are we," Scott said, "And he looks smart enough to remember that." Ella slowly walked forward and took the prosthetic out of Kincaid's front pocket and shook it, a small shugendo scroll falling into her hand, "We're here to save a life." "Not end one," Scott added. Ella then dropped the silver finger to the ground, Scott smiling proudly at his girlfriend. Ella then felt something turn in her and she began to gasp for air, falling backwards. Scott ran to catch her, then he began to panic. He lifted up Ella's shirt from her back, seeing that the Lichtenberg figure was gone.