chapter seventy.

Soft snores escaped Ella's lips, her hand hovering above her face; one leg was over her blanket and the other was under, her hair was messy and moonlight was the only light in her room. Soft music played on her speaker, the sound of running footsteps going up the stairs made Ella shift in her bed. She smacked her lips together before stopping and snuggling deeper into her duvet. She smiled in her sleep. Scott then burst into her room, sighing, "Of course you'd be asleep right now." Ella turned onto her stomach, Scott seeing the arrowhead of her tattoo peek over her loose shirt. Scott laughed lightly and shook his head at his girlfriend before going into the bathroom and connecting her straightener, knowing she would want to straighten her all ready straight hair. He then turned on the lights for her vanity then opened her closet doors before finally going over to her. "Babe," Scott whispered, shaking her shoulder. She hummed.

"Come on you gotta get up. 'Senior Scribe' is tonight, remember? Stiles has been going on about it since last week and how he wants all of us to be there," Scott tried, Ella opening her eyes. "He forgot about me because he was in a rush, so I fell asleep," Ella pouted, Scott shaking his head at her and laughing. "Come on, babe," Scott said, helping her up and towards her closet. Ella rubbed her eyes and got out an outfit, placing it on the bed then going into the bathroom. She washed her face then turned around to smile at Scott before picking up her straightener and going through her hair really quick. She then went over to her vanity and put on concealer, mascara, lip gloss, and perfume. She finally went to her clothes and changed, slipping on white Adidas. She ran back to her vanity and put on her princess crown ring. She turned to Scott and gave him a thumbs up.

Scott and Ella ran through the rain and underneath the walk-over bridge, Ella letting out small squeals when the cold rain fell onto her. Ella shook her head, looking at her boyfriend who was simply gazing at her with a spark in his eyes, "I can't believe you woke me up so I could run through the rain in the middle of the night. I should be sleeping right now." Scott laughed at Ella, looking up for a second before looking back down at her with his dimples showing as he smiled. "What'cha smiling at?" Ella asked, raising a brow with a teasing smile. "You," Scott whispered before dipping his head down to place his lips atop of hers. He leaned against the wall, running his hand down to mid-back and stopping; a gentleman. Scott suddenly pulled away with an odd expression on his face. Ella furrowed her brows before looking to where Scott was looking at, seeing a grown werewolf staring at them.

The Werewolf went through the rain that fell from the top of the bridge, Scott getting in front of Ella. The grown werewolf began growling at Scott, clawing at him with large blue talons. The werewolf had made its way past Scott and got to Ella, throwing her to the other side of the bridge. Ella let out several pants, "What the hell is this thing?" Scott got thrown around multiple times, yet always found his way back onto his feet to battle against the unknown creature. The creature threw Scott to the ground, "True Alpha? Where's your power, Scott?" "Who are you?" Scott asked, glancing towards Ella who had her knees up to her chest. Besides her protector powers, she didn't know how to defend herself. "A devoted fan. Show me the man who took down Deucalion and broke the Argents. I came for that Alpha. Come on!" The creature shouted to the alpha, Scott growling.

"And I didn't come just to claim your status," the creature added, the two of them growling at one another before going at it again. The creature threw Scott against the wall, lifting up his electric blue talons. Suddenly, another teenage werewolf jumped from the top of the bridge, attracting everyone's attention. The werewolf clawed at the thing's face before he was thrown towards Ella. The golden eyed werewolf helped Ella up, "Are you okay?" Ella nodded slowly, "Yeah, yeah I'm okay." She didn't know who this werewolf was, but she felt as if she could trust him. After all, he had just saved Scott from being killed. The creature then picked up Scott by the neck and dug his talons inside of him, causing Ella to scream out his name. The scream activated Ella's shield, the waves radiating off of her and onto Scott. The shield seemed to knock some sense into Scott, his eyes glowing their bloody red as he stood from the ground. Scott ripped the creature's talons out of his abdomen before reaching towards the creature and snapping his arm. "I don't know who you are or what you thought you were going to do, but I'll give you a choice. You can stay and I'll break something else. Or you can run," Scott threatened.

The creature looked to Stiles, Malia, and Liam who had arrived a minute ago. "I'd run," Stiles nodded, the creature taking his words and ran into the night, holding him arm as he went. Ella walked over to Scott, sighing happily that he was alive. Scott smiled lightly, "You learned–" "On my own," Ella nodded. Liam took Ella into a hug, Ella smiling at him and squeezing him tight before letting go and nodding to Stiles and Malia before everyone turned to the new werewolf behind them. The blond was back to human form, Ella's eyes widening the slightest. Almost as hot as Dave Franco, Ella thought. "You don't remember me, do you?" The boy asked, stepping forward, "I guess I look a little different since the fourth grade." "Theo?" Scott asked. "You know him?" Malia asked. "They used to. Trust me, I never thought I'd see you guys again. Couple of months ago, I heard of an Alpha in Beacon Hills. When I found out his name was Scott McCall, just couldn't believe it. Not just an Alpha, but a True Alpha," Theo nodded.

Scott wrapped an arm around Ella's waist, not liking the way that Theo was looking her up and down, "What do you want?" "I came back to Beacon Hills. Back home with my family. Because I want to be a part of your pack," Theo explained to them, sending Ella a smile. Ella's watch ringed, signaling that it was 11:55. She looked at Stiles, "We should get going." Stiles nodded and gestured for them to leave, Scott giving Theo one last look before they walked up the stairs. Ella looked at Theo over her shoulder, seeing him staring at her. She bit the inside of her cheek and continued to follow her brother, friends, and boyfriend. She stopped outside of the school, grabbing Liam by the hood and pulling him back, "You, go home." Liam groaned, "Come on, Ella." Ella crossed her arms over her chest, "No, Liam. Go home and sleep, okay? First day of your sophomore year is tomorrow." Liam used his puppy dog eyes, though it didn't work on Ella. He groaned once more before saying a 'fine' and leaving.

Ella walked into the school, seeing everyone including Lydia and Kira waiting for her. Ella smiled and walked up to Scott, Scott interlocking their fingers together, "Let's do this." Stiles nodded, the teens heading to the library in pairs: Lydia and Kira, Scott and Ella, and Malia and Stiles. They got into line and chatted until it was their group's turn to sign the shelf. Stiles was first, signing his S.S at the upper shelf. Then Lydia went and signed her L.M, making a section for their group. After Lydia was Kira who asked, "This isn't vandalism, is it?" Lydia looked back at Kira then the shelf, "Not technically." Kira nodded and sighed her K.Y. After Kira was Ella. Ella licked her lips before taking the marker from Kira and writing down her E.S, officially a senior. Ella handed the market to Malia, Malia hesitating on whether or not to put 'T' for Tate or 'H' for Hale; she ended up choosing Tate. M.T. Then went Scott. Scott sighed his initials, then looked back at the shelf before writing 'A.A' under his initials.

Ella bit her lip, remembering the brunette that was her best friend before passing away. Ella then stepped forward and took the marker from Scott and put I.L under her name. Isaac Lahey. She smiled softly at the initials before handing it off to the next person in line. "She would have been with us," Stiles said, looking at his sister, "Isaac too." Ella lipped, "Yeah." "She still is," Lydia nodded. Ella sniffled, "They all are."