chapter sixty three.

"Oh! When did you get so good? You been practicing? Or did you just suddenly get superhuman reflexes?" Mason asked as Liam killed his character for about the 50th time. "Uh Practicing. Yeah, I've been practicing," Liam answered quickly. "And I should be studying," Mason said, putting his controller down, beginning to sit up. "Where are you going?" Liam asked. "Home? I got a History test tomorrow," Mason said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Come on. One more game," Liam tried to persuade his best friend. "Yeah, you said that four games ago," Mason said, walking to the doorway. "Study here. You can stay over. Come on, one more game. Just one," Liam said. "You okay?" Mason asked him. "Yeah. You're right. You should go. I should probably study too. See you at school," Liam said as he fiddled with his controller. Mason paused for a minute before nodding and walking out of the room.

Liam turned off the tv, leaving his controllers on the floor then getting under his covers. He held the cord of his lamp in his hand for a moment before turning the small notch, the light turning off. Rain pounded hard on his bedroom window, Liam looking out of it for a moment before he turned and pulled his covers up to his chest, holding them tight in fists. Beads of sweat went down Liam's forehead. He then heard loud footsteps, a hallucination of a berserker leaning down onto his face. "You're not there. You're not there," Liam repeated, eventually sitting straight up and turning on the light whilst still panting. He looked around the room twice before he jumped, a knock at the door that lead outside scaring him. He furrowed his brows and walked to the door, opening it to see a drenched in rain Ella. She smiled, "I felt like you needed me."

Ella's eyes traveled to the weights that were on the bar to Liam's eyes. She stopped running on the treadmill and wiped away the sweat on her forehead. "That's a lot of weight," Mason said, drawing Liam's attention. "Yeah, I need to get ready for the game tomorrow," Liam responded. "You need a spot?" Mason asked, causing Liam to scoff. "No, do you?" Liam asked as he saw Mason's ten pound dumbbells. Mason looked down at his weights, "This is my warm up, ass." He began to walk towards Liam. "What are you doing?" Liam asked. "I'm spotting you," Mason replied in a 'duh' tone. "I told you I don't need it." "Dude this is like 300 pounds, you're gonna kill yourself," Mason refused.

Liam looked at Mason, saying 'bet' with his eyes. Liam laid down and began to chest press easily, causing Mason to roll his eyes and leave the gym. Ella watched with caution as Liam pressed the weights, his breathing soon becoming heavier and his eyes flickering around the room as if he was terrified that something would jump out at him. All of a sudden, the barbell came down onto his chest, making Ella instantly run towards him and raise the barbell from his chest with one hand, throwing it to the side. Liam sat up, coughing and hacking as he made his way to the floor. "Liam?" Mason asked. "I'm fine," Liam assured him. Ella kneeled down next to Liam, "If you don't want to be with us, that's fine, but don't push your friends away too." Liam's eyes flickered to Mason who had his arms crossed over his chest and was rolling his eyes. Liam sighed, his eyes flickering around once again.

Scott slid the door open to Derek's loft, giving Ella his hand and leading her inside. The apartment was dark, Ella looking around with confusion clear in her eyes. "Why is it as dark as my heart?" Ella asked, looking at Scott who chuckled and shook his head. "Because I need you to turn on the lights," Scott said, Ella groaning. "Why me?" Ella groaned before walking over to the wall and plugging in a cord, the light soon being illuminated by fairy lights that were put up all around the room. Ella's eyes widened as she stood back up and walked back to Scott. "Did I do Okay?" Scott asked. Ella chuckled softly, "You did amazing. For our first date since the dead pool started. God, it's beautiful, Scott." Scott placed a hand on Ella's cheek, "You're beautiful." Ella smiled and pressed her hands on Scott's cheeks, bringing him into a simple kiss before they pulled away.

"Did you bring a movie?" Scott asked. Ella laughed and pulled out a movie, "I borrowed it from Stiles. He says you've never seen it and that he's going to kill you if you don't." "Star Wars," Scott laughed, Ella nodding. Ella bit her lip, realizing that Derek didn't watch tv, "Scott. Derek doesn't have a tv." Scott sighed before finding Derek's computer and putting it on the coffee table, plugging in the charger since it was dead. "So, this is the fourth one?" Scott asked, picking up the DVD case. "No, it's the first one. Even though it says fourth," Ella nodded. Scott looked at Ella, "Then what's the first one?"

"The fourth one," Ella bit her lip. Scott continued to read the description on the case before Ella smiled to herself and shut the computer and snatched the DVD from Scott's hands and throwing it across the room. "Wh–" "Forget the movie," Ella said, Scott raising his brows.

Ella smiled before kissing him passionately, Scott kissing her back with the same amount of passion. Ella fiddled with the buttons of his shirt before undoing them, Scott pushing back her hair and bringing her lips to his again. He readjusted his position, sitting back and bringing Ella onto his lap. Scott took off Ella's jacket then pushed the strap of her bra and dress down, kissing her shoulder and up her neck and his hand trailing up her dress to have a grip on her ass. He left a small love bite, marking what was his. Their lips met again, the two of them smiling into the kiss. Scott pulled away, leaving Ella with a confused expression, "Scott?"

They turned at the sound of a loud growl, seeing Kate in her were-jaguar form and a berserker burst through the window of Derek's loft.

When Ella woke up from unconsciousness, blood was dripping from her lips. Some blood came from her hairline and fell down the sides of her face. Some blood even came from her nose. Ella tried standing up, only to have a medium sized bone from a berserker inserted into her body. A loud gasp escaped Ella's lips as she fell against the wire gate, more blood coming from her mouth. "Ella!" Scott shouted, being pushed to the wall by Kate. Scott panted, "What do you want from us?" "I want a little bit of insight, Scott," she growled. "To what?" Scott asked. "My family. The Argent family has been around for over 400 years. A powerful, wealthy, aristocratic family of werewolf hunters. But yet somehow, in less than a year, this great family is decimated by a teenage boy. So my question is simple. What the hell is so special about Scott McCall?" Kate asked.

"You want me? Take me. Just me," Scott said, glancing to his girlfriend, "Leave her out of this, please." "No, we're all going. We're all going to church!"

"Everything's fine," Stiles assured Liam, "I got a text from him this morning and he said he might be a little late." "Well, how late is late? Is he always late? And is Ella with him? She hasn't been getting back to any of my texts or calls. And We're playing Devenford Prep again and this time it's an actual game. He shouldn't be late," Liam rambled. "Who shouldn't be late?" The boys turned to face coach. Stiles turned to Liam. "Scott," Liam answered. "They might be slightly late," Stiles sighed. "Slightly late is still late. What is he doing?" Coach asked.

"He's doing something that's going to make him slightly late. What could Scott be doing right now that's more important than playing in the first game?" Coach asked. "Oh, Coach," Stiles muttered before he and Liam turned around, "he has Ella with him too. They're not doing anything bad." "They better not," Liam mumbled, rolling his eyes, "I need her here. She's my good luck charm." "Ella?" Stiles asked. Liam narrowed his eyes, "No a unicorn. Yes Ella! She comforts me the most and I love seeing her and I. . I need her." Stiles smiled, "Good to know you like her, but she has a boyfriend." "I don't like her!" Liam exclaimed, turning away from Stiles.

He stopped, squinting his eyes, "Do I?" He was quiet for a moment before shrugging and walking to his locker.