chapter fourty one.

Ella leaned her head on the window as she watched the city lights go by, going into the middle seat and leaning forward. Ella took Stiles's hand into hers and closed her eyes, placing her forehead against their conjoined hands. Stiles looked at his sister, all ready regretting his decision. Noah looked at his children, seeing how Stiles placed a hand on Ella's head then leaned down and kissed it. Noah looked back at the road, coming to a stop in front of the facility. Ella sighed, tears stinging her eyes as they got out of the car. They stopped in front of the gate, the family staring at the Eichen House gate, Ella biting her lip and shaking her head. They then turned at the sound of Scott's bike coming to a stop. Scott turned off the bike and immediately walked up to the family, looking at Stiles, "Why didn't you tell me?" "Because we wanted to avoid something like this," Noah replied as he nodded. "It's only 72 hours," Stiles shook his head. "This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies," Scott looked at Noah, "You don't know everything yet."

"know enough," Noah answered, "Nogitsunes, Kitsunes, Oni, or whatever they're called." "No, that was actually all surprisingly correct," Ella said, Stiles nodding. "Scott, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me. I'm headed down to L.A. tomorrow to talk to a specialist," Noah said to Ella's boyfriend.

"Then why are you putting him in here?" Scott asked. "He's not," Ella said, lifting her tearful eyes. "It was my decision," Stiles added, motioning towards himself. "Stiles, I can't help you if you're in here," Scott shook his head. "And I can't hurt you. Or Ella," Stiles said, taking Ella's hand and pulling her towards Scott. Ella furrowed her brows together at her brother's actions. "Deaton's got some ideas. Argent's calling people. We're gonna find something. And if we can't—" "If you can't If you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay? Make sure I never get out. I know that me and Ella aren't supposed to be together. Find out more, keep her safe, and keep her away from me," Stiles said, beginning to walk away with Noah. Ella gripped Stiles's wrist, "I'm coming in." Stiles sighed, "Ella—"

"I wasn't asking if I could come in," Ella said, "I am coming inside with you two." Noah looked at Scott, "Wait for her here?" Scott nodded, "I'll wait." Noah nodded as he turned back to his twins, "Come on." Noah pressed the buzzer and the gate opened, the family walking up the steps and into the building. Stiles wrapped an arm around Ella's shoulders, Ella wrapping hers around Stiles waist. "Mr. Stilinski?" The family turned around to see a woman smiling, "This way please." They followed the woman through different hallways before they arrived at an office, the three taking seats. The woman handed Noah a paper and clipboard and a pen, asking him to fill the paper out. "First 72 hours there's no phone calls, no e-mails, no visitors. We will be taking you from here to a brief physical. In the morning you'll be assessed by a staff psychologist, speak to a social worker and attend group therapy," The woman explained to Stiles, Ella shaking her head.

"This is insane," she muttered, looking down at her shaking hands. "I feel like we're forgetting something," Noah said as he placed the pen on the clipboard and slid it towards the lady. The woman placed slippers and a rectangular box onto the table, "You will be wearing these, Stiles. No laces allowed. You don't have a belt, do you? And please empty your pockets in here." Ella looked at her dad, "His pillow." Noah nodded, "Your pillow. We forgot your pillow." Stiles looked up from untying his shoes, "Dad, it's okay." Ella shook her head, "No, no. You're never going to be able to fall asleep. We– We got to go back, dad." "It's fine, Ella. I don't need it," Stiles shook his head. "I can't believe I forgot it. I mean, every time that we've ever stayed in a hotel, the first thing you pack is your pillow," Noah said, Ella nodding along.

"You can bring it tomorrow," Stiles nodded, placing his keys and loose change into the box, "It's all right. I'm sorry." Ella placed her fingers on her temples, "Stiles, I don't like this. I don't like this at all." Stiles looked at Ella, placing his hand on her forearm, "Ella, it's okay. It's going to be okay." Ella shook her head, "No. No, it's not." Stiles placed his phone in the bin, Noah shaking his head as he stood, "Okay, you know what? Stop. Stop. Enough. Stiles, get your stuff. I'm not checking you in here if you're not gonna get one good night's sleep." "Dad," Stiles said as he stood and placed his hands on his dad's shoulders, "I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks." The father and son hugged tightly before Stiles moved on to Ella, his heart breaking at her shaking head and red eyes, "This isn't okay. Everything is not going to be okay. This is, this is insane!"