chapter eighty two.

Ella walked out of Scott's bathroom, showered and changed into a large white t-shirt of Scott's. Scott laid on his bed, motion and expressionless. Ella frowned and walked over to him, laying beside him on the bed. He looked up at her, "Wh - why'd you come back?" Ella licked her lips as she held his hand, "Because I love you." Ella went to lay beside him, head resting on his chest, "And now I realize that love Isn't looks, laughs, fights, tears, hugging, or time spent together, but it's - Love is no matter what life brings you, you'll still stand side by side." Scott looked down at her, "I lost everyone. I thought I lost you." Ella teared up and sat up, "Scott, you will never lose me. Even if I'm being stupid and dumb and I say some things I don't mean. And I honestly feel like you think I'm gonna be the girlfriend that sends you mixed signals and says I love you then the next they say I hate you and I don't want to be that kind of girlfriend because honestly, Scott, I love you so fucking much and I know I'm not your first love or first kiss or your first time, but I really want to be your last kiss and love and everything."

Scott looked at Ella with adoration as she kept rambling. "I just - I cant lose you. Scott, you've kept me alive all these years and I'm so beyond grateful for you because you've stuck by my side through all my stubborn times and times where I wanted to kill myself. You've helped me see that there's more to life than a dark tunnel that runs on for miles; there's a light at the end. I don't know where our life will take us. But I promise to be by your side no matter what we have to face in life and this? This is just one of those things that happen to us and we find our way back. I am willing to go through anything for you, Scott McCall, and I promise to never, ever take your love for granted. I love you without limitations and with all my heart and soul." Scott placed a hand on Ella's cheek and sighed. Ella took her hand and smeared off some blood that was on Scott's forehead. "You will never lose me," Ella whispered. Scott nodded, "I know." Ella smiled, a simple tear rolling down her cheek before she connected their lips. Scott placed a hand at the small of her back and pulled her to lay on top of him, Ella sniffling as she just enjoyed the feeling of being in his arms. "Wise men say only fools rush in. . But I can't help falling in love with you."

Stiles and Ella stood with Dr. Geyer, Melissa, and two other nurses. Stiles and Ella shared the same expressions, 'what the fuck?' "What do you mean you don't know? Two hours ago, he was fine," Stiles said. "Now it looks like somebody took a baseball bat to his neck!" Ella exclaimed, motioning towards their father's room. "There could've been some minor internal," Dr. Geyer said. Ella and Stiles shared a look. "Did you say, 'Minor internal?' - Since when is anything internal minor?" Stiles asked. Ella placed a hand on her twin's shoulder, "We need to know what's going on with him, okay? Dr. Geyer, somebody needs to tell us what's happening. Somebody needs to tell us what's happening to him!" "We don't know," Melissa answered him. The twins looked in between the nurse and doctor before their eyes landed on Scott. "Stiles. ." Ella trailed off. For the first time, Stiles ignored his sister and pushed the doors open, taking a hold of Scott's collar and slamming him against the wall then onto the floor. "Stiles!" Ella shouted.

"Where were you? You trusted him. You believed him. Right, huh? So, where were you?" Stiles asked him. Ella, Dr. Geyer, a police officer and Melissa ran over to them. "Where the hell were you?" Stiles shouted at Scott. "Stop it!" Melissa shouted. The police officer grabbed Scott and Ella and Dr. Geyer grabbed Stiles, holding him back. "Okay, all right, all right," Stiles said, causing the two to let go of him. "Your dad's not the only one who got hurt," Scott said. "Oh, you'll heal," Stiles breathed out. "I'm not talking about me," Scott snapped. Stiles looked to his sister. Ella pursed her lips, "Lydia."

"It could be a side effect of shock," Parrish said. He, Stiles, Ella, Melissa and Scott were gathered around a table in the morgue. "She's catatonic. It was Theo digging his way through her mind," Stiles said. "Why would he do that? What is he looking for?" Melissa asked. "The same thing he's always looking for. An advantage," Scott answered. "So what did he gain by trying to kill Stilinski?" Parrish asked. "It left me alone with Liam. Theo wanted to make sure no one would be there to stop him from killing me," Scott replied. "Okay, so he gutted our dad as a distraction. Great," Ella rolled her eyes. "We need to find this kid," Parrish said determinedly. "Isn't that a little dangerous? Especially since he almost killed my kid?" Melissa asked. "Yeah, but he said he didn't want my dad to die," Stiles said. "And you believe him?" Parrish asked. "He told Stiles where to find him. So, maybe he also knows how to save him," Ella said. "What do you want to do? Talk to him?" Melissa asked.

"If it saves our dad, then yeah," Stiles nodded. "I'll come with you. He doesn't know that I'm alive. Maybe that gives us an advantage," Scott said. "He'll know you're there, Scott. We just need to talk to him. Not fight him," Ella said to her. . boyfriend as she and Stiles began to walk to the doors. "Stiles, Ella, you can't go alone," Melissa shook her head. "Does anyone even know how to find him?" Parrish asked. "We don't have to find him," Stiles started. Ella glared down at the floor before looking up at everyone, "He'll come to us."

Ella leaned on the stairs and Stiles sat on them. They then saw Theo walk up to the house. He looked down at the line of mountain ash then back at the twins and stepped over it. "I guess we're all telling the truth now," Theo started. Stiles grabbed a shirt of Scott's and threw it at Theo, "You killed my best friend." "Let's be honest, Stiles. Was he still really your best friend?" Theo asked. "Are you going to let our father die?" Ella asked, pushing off of the stairs and crossing her arms over her chest. "If I wanted him to die I wouldn't have told Stiles where he could find him," Theo nodded at her. "Then why are they saying his body is shutting down? That some toxin's poisoning him and they don't know how to stop it," Stiles said as he stood up.

"I'm not the bad guy, Stiles. I'm just a realist. I'm a survivor. If you knew the things that I know -" "Yeah, but what do you know?" Ella cut him off. "I know what's coming. I know what the Dread Doctors created. And I know what Parrish is," Theo smirked, "Lydia figured it out. I saw it in her memories." "Oh, when? Right after you drove her out of her mind," Ella asked, raising a brow. "Collateral damage," Theo shrugged, "But if she's right about Parrish, then things around here are gonna get a lot worse." "I don't care," Stiles breathed out, shaking his head lightly. "You should. . because if your dad does survive he's not gonna be sheriff of anything much longer," Theo said.

"What's happening to him?" Stiles asked. Theo didn't answer. Instead, he turned and began to walk away. Stiles reached forward, "Hey, tell me!" Theo turned around and pushed Stiles to the stairs, Stiles blacking Out And Theo fleeing. Scott ran down the stairs and both he and Ella shook him awake, "Stiles. Stiles!" Stiles' eyes snapped open, him immediately standing up. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Ella asked, scanning over his body. "I'm fine," he breathed out. "You blacked out," Scott told him. "I'm okay. Did you get anything from him?" Stiles asked. "Nothing. He was calm the entire time," Scott shook his head. "What about his heart?" Ella asked. "I heard it jump, but only once, and only for a second," Scott said. "That doesn't mean he was lying," Ella said. "Not really. The rest of the time it was steady," Scott nodded. "When did it jump? What was I talking about?" Stiles asked.

Scott took a moment to think, "It was when you said that your dad was poisoned." "That could be something. A jump could mean surprise, right?" Stiles asked. "Yeah, yeah, I think so," Scott nodded. "So why would he be surprised that my dad's still dying?" Ella asked. "Oh, wait. He didn't say that he was the one who attacked your dad, did he?" Scott asked. "No," Stiles answered. "Well, then this means it was probably someone else," Scott said. "Another Chimera," Ella whispered. Stiles nodded before grabbing the keys to their father's car and the twins walked out and into the vehicle, Stiles turning on the car and locking the doors so Scott wouldn't get in.

Scott went to Ella's side, "Stiles?" "Yeah, we can do the rest ourselves," Stiles assured him. "You don't even know where to start. All we know that it's another Chimera. Do you even know where you're headed?" Scott asked as Stiles went to drive forward but Scott went to the front of the car. "Are you crazy!" Ella exclaimed. "Come on. Let me help," Scott pleaded, "I can find the clues that you can't. You can't do this alone, okay. You need me. You need all of us. I can get more help. I can text Liam." "Liam just tried to kill you," Ella and Stiles reminded him. "Okay, then at least let me help," Scott pleaded. Ella and Stiles shared a glance before Stiles asked, "You believed him?" "You trusted him, too. Theo got to all of us," Scott said. "You know, you don't even know the real story," Ella shook her head, suddenly mad at Scott again. "I don't need to. All that matters right now is your dad. Come on, guys. We survived an Alpha pack, a Dark Druid, professional assassins. We can survive Dread Doctors and Chimeras, too."

Stiles sighed as he looked at Scott, "We're not looking for a missing Chimera. We're looking for a missing teenager."