chapter seventy one.

Ella looked at herself in the mirror, turning around and looking over her shoulder to see if anyone would see her tattoo. She sighed as nodded, no one would be able to see it. She smiled then walked to her closet and got out a pair of black booties, slipping on them on before doing her hair into a French braid. Afterwards, she walked to her vanity and put on concealer, mascara, lip balm, and a couple sprays of perfume. Then she finally made her way out of the door of her room, knowing that neither of the Stilinski boys were home. A text message from Scott made her walk out of the house, smiling wide when she saw him. "Good morning," she greeted. Scott smiled, "You look beautiful." Ella blushed, taking her helmet.

"Shut up," she said, not knowing what else to say, "First day of senior year." Scott turned to her, taking his helmet off for a second to peck her lips, "Last day of school ever." Ella smiled and turned his head around. He chuckled and put his helmet on before leaving the driveway. Ella raised her hands in the air, let's see what this school year has to bring.

Ella walked into the AP Biology classroom, her eyes focused on the empty table in the first row. She walked over to it and sat down, smiling at Lydia and Sydney. Ella opened up her doodle book to sketch before class started. Her drawing was interrupted when Scott sat beside her. She closed her book, covering up the drawing of Ashton Irwin. She looked at Scott then at Lydia who gestured towards him, only for Ella to shrug and make a face. Ella looked back to Scott, Scott turning around and smiling at her. She returned the smile and when he turned she looked back at Lydia and shrugged again. "Welcome to AP Biology. Let's see who's awake. Can somebody tell me what plasmids are?" Mrs Finch asked the class. "Circular, self-replicating DNA molecules often used in cloning proteins," Lydia answered without hesitation. "Nicely stated, Lydia. Now, can you tell me what vitamin is absorbed in the stomach via parietal cell production of a glycoprotein?" Mrs Finch asked her. Lydia's mind went black, Ella taking the opportunity to raise her hand. "Daniella," The teacher pointed at her. "B-12," Ella nodded. "Correct. Mr. McCall, did you know the answer?" Mrs Finch asked the tanned boy. "Um, no," Scott denied. "It's a common test question. What's your number one college pick?" Mrs Finch asked. "Um–" "Stop saying, 'Um,'" Mrs Finch scolded. "Sorry," he apologized, "UC Davis."

Ella raised her eyebrows with impression when he turned to her. He hadn't told anyone about him wanting to go there. "Good choice. It's the best school on the West Coast for biological and physical sciences. You're in the right class if that's what you're hoping for. Who else thinks they're in the right class?" Mrs Finch asked. Everyone turned to look at Theo who had raised his hand then slowly raised their hands themselves. "Good. Then you should all be prepared for the test tomorrow. Don't be so disappointed. This test is specifically to help you determine whether you should actually be in AP Biology. You have two weeks to drop. Tomorrow's test will just weed out the ones who shouldn't be here. And that could be any of you."

Ella and Scott walked out of their classroom and to the staircase outside, not knowing where else to go. "So, Theo, did you talk to Deaton about the outcomes of letting someone into your pack?" Ella asked, Scott nodding. "What did he say?" Ella asked. "He said that he wouldn't recommend it. And you know the guys. . talons? From last night? He said that it would be from a harpy eagle, but the guy looked like a werewolf," Scott said, Ella nodding. "Yeah–" "Hey! You! You two! You two are coming with me," Stiles said, walking up to his sister and best friend. "We have a free period," Scott told him. "So do I," Stiles nodded, "And so does Theo Raeken. Let's go." Stiles dragged the two of them up and they found Theo, asked if they could ask him questions; he said yes and so now they were in the locker room.

"I was skating in a neighbor's empty pool, trying to do a handplant. Nobody was home. I'm not that good of a skateboarder, but I guess I was feeling pretty determined because I completely lost track of time. I didn't even realize that it was night until the yard lights came on. Like I said, I wasn't very good. On my last try I went down and hit hard. Really hard. I was sitting there at the bottom of the pool and I realized something. I never heard the board come back down. It came at me fast. I barely had a chance to turn around before it bit me," Theo stopped to point at his left side, "Right here." "It wasn't an accident," Scott shook his head, "He wanted to turn you." "Right. So why aren't you part of his pack then?" Stiles asked. "Yeah, why didn't he come back for you?" Ella asked.