chapter fourty.

Derek and Chris sat chained to a bench in the sheriff's station. "So, I don't suppose you have any idea why Stiles and Ella would frame us for murder?" Chris asked Derek. "I didn't think Stiles was smart enough to frame us for murder. Ella, definitely, but not Stiles," Derek shook his head. "To be honest, I'm not entirely convinced that's why we're here," Chris said. "What do you mean?" Derek asked. "McCall is going to come out here any minute and probably talk attorneys. Say you've agreed to allow mine to represent you," Chris said, looking at Agent McCall's office door before looking back at Derek. Derek glared, "Why should I trust your attorney?"

"Because I'm not calling my attorney yet. I just want more time," Chris said. "To do what?" Derek asked. "To figure out what we're really doing here," Chris said as he looked back at McCall's office door. It was silent for a couple moments before Derek asked, "You wouldn't happen to know what's happening to Ella, right?" Chris looked at Derek, Derek continuing, "You guys said that Jennifer said that Ella was a protecter, right?" "Yeah, but a protecter is so rare that I not know. . really anything about them," Chris replied. Derek nodded, sitting back, "Ella is too innocent for anything to happen to her. . There's no way that the nogitsune could split in two, right?" Chris looked at his shoes, "I don't think so, no. I sincerely doubt it."

"What if Ella is being a protecter. . a protecter of the nogitsune," Derek suggested. Chris looked at Derek with a fearful look, "The two of them together will cause all hell to break loose."

     Ella asked for Stiles to leave her at the house, wanting to change into something more comfy and soft, and so she changed into a black loose crop top and gray jeans. She sat on her bed in silence, thoughts plummeting into her mind as she stared at the floor, not moving a single inch. She felt the way she did when her mother passed; emotionless and scared. She was scared of what she had become. She was protecting her brother, who was a dark spirit that only wants people dead. But then again, she was a protector and she loved Stiles; it was her job. Ella felt a hand place itself on her mid-back, causing her to turn around, seeing her mother looking at her with a warm smile. "Hey, momma," Ella said softly, smiling lightly, "How've you been?"

"How've I been? How have you been sweetie?" Claudia asked her daughter, rubbing her back  up and down. Ella felt the tears coming to her eyes as she shook her head, "I don't know anymore, mommy. God, I need you so much." Claudia wiped her daughter's tear away, "I know, love. Your life has been incredibly chaotic so far, but you know what? What's inside is the strongest part of you of them all." Ella furrowed her brows, "You know about me?" Claudia wiped away another tear, "Yes, but I mean your heart, hon. You have a heart of gold, Daniella. Your life and heart and everything about you is incredibly pure. I don't know why you feel the need to destroy your body."

Claudia lifted up Ella's arm, Ella sobbing quietly as she looked at the scars on her arms. Claudia leaned her head on Ella's shoulder, Ella's body shaking lightly, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, mom." Claudia shook her head, taking her daughters face into her hands, "Hey, it's okay, it's okay, Daniella. I went through the same thing you did. Of course I didn't fall in love with a werewolf." Ella laughed, a blush creeping up on her cheeks, "Yeah, I suppose."

"Daniella Nicole Stilinski, you are so incredibly beautiful. And listen, whatever is going on with you and Stiles, you two and your friends are going to figure it out. You and your brother were not only born as twins, my dove, but as best friends. Whatever you two do, you do it together. Whatever problem you come across, you solve it together. Whatever one does, the other follows. Whenever something happens to one of you and whatever is thrown at you, you two get through it together. Because you guys are brother and sister, twins, best friends, and of course partners in crime. Now, what about that McCall boy?" Ella smiled wide at her mothers words, "Scott McCall."