chapter thirty four.

Ella felt herself being shaken awake, eyes fluttering open to see Stiles up close to her face. When Stiles saw his sisters blue eyes he let her go, sighing then hugging her tightly. Ella's eyes snapped open wider, looking at Scott, "Barrow, he took Kira." A pain shot through Ella's head as she tried to stand up, Scott helping her balance as Stiles sighed, "We know. He was after her the whole time." Ella looked at Scott, "What would he want with Kira? She's - - she's a human." Scott shrugged, placing a hand on Ella's shoulder, "Call Isaac, he'll answer to you and ask if they found out anything."

Scott wiped his bloody forehead, checking Ella's head for any serious injury in the streetlight, but it seemed as if Ella's protecter side had reached to her. Ella dialed Isaac's number, the picture of him popping up as he answered it. "Hey, Isaac, have you found anything useful?" Ella asked, biting her lip. "No, nothing, El. Just stuff about flies and the dead. Nothing else," Isaac replied. Ella sighed, "All right, thanks, Sac." Isaac replied with a 'your welcome' before Ella hung up the phone, turning to Lydia, Scott, and Stiles, "We have to think of something. He's going to kill her!" Lydia licked her lips, "I knew he was there. How did I know that?" Stiles looked at her, "Because you heard the flies right?" Scott spoke, "What do you hear now?"

Lydia listened out, staying quiet before she huffed, "Nothing. I feel like I can do this, but I don't know what to do. It's like it's on the tip of my tongue and I don't know how to trigger it." Lydia pressed her hands to the side of her head, walking past Ella and Scott, "I just- I swear to God, it literally makes me want to scream." Stiles and Ella shared a glance before Stiles tried to walk up to her, "Okay, then scream. Lydia, scream." Ella walked back into her brother, their shoulders hitting together.

With a large intake of breath, Lydia screamed at the top of her lungs causing Stiles and Ella to immediately cover up their ears and for Scott to scrunch up his face. Ella squeezed her eyes shut, holding her hands close to her ears to prevent any sound of Lydia's scream. The scream wasn't one that someone would let out if they saw someone walking around with an axe, the scream was a supernatural screech. Lydia soon came to a stop, Stiles and Ella removing their hands from their ears. Lydia slowly looked up at the streetlight, "It's not flies." She spun around quickly, making the three teenagers flinch backwards. "It's electricity," Lydia said hopefully. Ella licked her lips, "Wait a second, Barrow was an electrical engineer. He worked at a power substation." Both boys turned to look at the brunette, "What substation?"

Scott stopped the bike, Ella immediately jumping off and throwing off her helmet and placing it on one of the handlebars, looking over at Stiles and nodding. Ella took the lead, running into the building and slowing down to a jog as she entered inside, looking around for any sight of Kira. "Daniella!" Ella whipped her head around to see Scott running up to her, "Slow down. Stay with me." Ella sighed, beginning to say something before a loud bang echoed in the building. Ella looked at Scott then nodded in the direction where it came from, the two walking inside of a room to see Kira tied up. "Ella! Scott!" Kira shouted. "Guys! Look out!" Suddenly a loose cable was being whipped around, coming in contact with Scott and Ella's bodies, the couple falling to the ground beside each other and groaning in pain. Ella slightly twitched, seeing Barrow slowly walk up to Kira with the cable in his hands, sparks flowing out of one side.

"No, stop. She's not the. . one you want," Ella got out, banging her head against the floor. "She's not the one!" Scott struggled, Barrow turning to look at Scott and Ella's struggling bodies. "No, don't, stop!" Ella shouted. Barrow pushed the wire into Kira, causing an explosion of volts to go off in every direction. Scott groaned, capturing Ella's body in his own and turning them to their left, his back to the electricity, Ella's head tucked into his chest so she wouldn't get harmed.