chapter twenty nine.

Ella woke up to the sound of knocking on her door. She clicked her tongue, her eyes squinting as they tried to adjust the light that was coming in from the doorway because of the boys that had entered. "What do you guys want?" Ella asked. "We're going to go find a dead body. Coming?" Scott asked. Ella picked up a pillow and threw it at her boyfriend and brother, "Go away. I need my beauty sleep."

"I hate you guys," Ella muttered, rubbing her arms to try to create heat. "You know, if my dad's right, that means there's another werewolf in town that we haven't met yet," Stiles said as they walked through the woods. "I know," Scott replied. "If it turns out to be something like triplets that form into, like, a three-headed hound of hell, I'm seriously not up for that," Stiles said. "Yeah. Me either. Especially if I can't even control my own transformation anymore," Scott said as they continued to walk, Scott looking down at the GPS on his phone. Ella wrapped her arms around herself, "You know, if a werewolf suddenly jumps at us, I'm just going to let it take me." Stiles nudged Ella with his shoulder, "Shut up, El."

Ella rolled her eyes, "Only Isaac can call me that! How many times do I have to tell y'all!" Stiles rolled his eyes, "I can call you—" the sound of a long howl caused Stiles to stop and grab Scott's arm, causing him to drop his phone down a muddy slope that ended up in a puddle. Scott gave Stiles a look, Stiles looking at Scott. "Sorry, buddy. I hate coyotes so much. They always sound like they're mauling some tiny, helpless little animal," Stiles said. Scott sighed as he leapt down the cave, Stiles struggling as he made his way down the unleveled side. Scott reached up for Ella, grabbing her by the waist and helping her jump down. Scott picked his phone up from the puddle, shaking it off, "It still works."

"Let me see the flashlight," Stiles said, taking the flashlight from Scott as he walked forward, "I think we found it." The three walked closer, seeing a car flipped upside down. "Uh. . Why wouldn't they move it? Isn't it evidence?" Scott asked. "Probably too much of a pain in the ass to tow out," Ella said. Stiles flashed the light at parts of the car before he landed the light on scratch marks on the side of it, "Look at this." The three got closer to it, examining it further. "See those?" Stiles asked as Scott placed his fingers in the claw marks and ran them over it, "Animal claws would be closer together, right? A lot closer." "Then it was a werewolf," Scott said. "So, our dad was right," Stiles said, looking at Ella who looked at him. The boys crouched down and examined the inside, Ella looking around at the woods. The wind blew her hair back, Ella closing her eyes and enjoying it. "What is that?" "What's what?" Ella asked, leaning down to see what the boys were looking at.

Stiles reached his hand up, grabbing something and pulling it out. Scott and Stiles eyed it, Ella seeing that it was an old and dirty baby doll. "Oh my god, I hate dolls," Ella said, leaning back. Suddenly, an electronic voice came from the doll, "I'm hungry." Stiles flailed his arms, dropping the doll as he screamed and fell. Ella screamed as well, backing into Scott. "I think I just had a minor heart attack," Stiles said shakily. "You and me both, brother," Ella said, panting. Ella helped her brother up, asking if he was okay. Stiles nodded, wiping the dirt off of his pants. "Hey, Stiles, Ella, Please tell me you see that."

Ella and Stiles turned their heads to see what Scott had been looking at to see a pair of glowing blue eyes. Ella and Stiles walked closer to Scott to get a better look, "We see it." Scott then ran towards it, causing the twins to look at each with confused expressions. "Wait, hey, Scott!" Stiles shouted. "Keep Ella with you!" Scott called back. Ella, who had began to run, stopped in her tracks, her jaw dropping, "Scott, wait!" "Stay with Stiles!" Scott's voice was far gone. Ella looked back at her brother, flashing her electric eyes. Stiles shook his head, "Don't you dare." Ella smirked before whipping around and following Scott's footsteps, catching up to him with incredible speed. Once Scott saw Ella running beside him, he shook his head at her stubbornness yet continued to run.