chapter sixty four.

"Wakey, wakey." The sound of Kate's voice made Ella's eyes snap open and she shot up with a large intake of air, coughing and tears coming out of her eyes. The tears became red due to the blood that kept on bleeding from her head, a horrifying picture. The piece of animal bone had broken when they had dropped her to the ground when they first arrived. "I have a little show set up for you," Kate raised her brows, a berserker walking up to Ella and taking her upper arm into a harsh grip, Ella hissing out in pain. The berserker yanked Ella off of the pile of bones and stood her up, Ella breathing heavy and crying as she faced Kate. Kate took in Ella's appearance, clicking her tongue, "You bleed pretty easily." Kate then raised her hand and slapped Ella across the face causing Ella to let out a painful cry. "And you're not able to heal," Kate shook her head, "What a shame. Bring her."

Kate lead the way into a room filled with bones and animal skins hanging from the ceiling and walls. Ella's narrowed eyes widened when they saw the familiar alpha strapped down to a table. Ella went to help Scott, but was instantly jerked back by the berserker, the bone in her stomach hitting the thing's chest. "Don't hurt her!" Scott shouted angrily as he struggled against the restraints. Kate simply rolled her eyes, the berserker bringing Ella closer to Scott to get a closer look at what was bound to happen.

Scott reaches his hand forward, breathing heavy as Ella tried to touch his hand, but both of her arms were then put to her back. She hissed through her teeth, squeezing her eyes shut as the pain in her stomach coursed throughout her body.

"Tell me, Ella, Scott. They ever teach you the myth of Artemis and Actaeon in school?" Kate asked, only for the two to stay silent, "No? I didn't think so." Ella opened her eyes to look at Kate, "Artemis was a goddess and Actaeon was a hunter." "Do you know what happened between them, though?" Kate asked with raised brows, stepping closer to Scott. Ella licked her lips, tasting the blood as she shook her head.

"Well, Actaeon happened to see Artemis bathing naked one day. This did not make the goddess too happy. In fact, she was so angry, Artemis turned Actaeon into a deer and this sent his own hounds into a frenzy. He was actually torn apart by his own hunting dogs," Kate said, picking up a skull head that resembled a berserker's head. Ella eyed Kate with fearful eyes, "What are you doing?" She humorously chuckled, "Don't worry, Daniella, I'm not gonna turn your boyfriend into a deer. But he is about to become something unrecognizable to your friends."

Ella furrowed her brows and tilted her head lightly to the side not understanding. "They won't know what they're fighting. . Or killing."

Ella tried to go towards Scott, but the berserker then took a grip of her jaw and pushed the bone deeper into her stomach, the bone popping out from the other side. Ella let out a painful screech as she fell onto the berserker's chest. "Kate, hold on. ." Scott tried to reason, Kate holding the head not too far above Scott's face. "No, Kate, no." "No, Kate. Don't," Ella tried to argue, but it barely came out as a whisper. "No, no. No! Wait."

The Head had been placed on Scott's head, his screams echoing throughout the whole church. Ella opened her eyes, panting and letting out small cries. "Take her back to where she was before," Kate commanded the berserker that held Ella, "And if she tries to run, bring her over. I'd love to have another girl around here."

Ella woke up with a light gasp, eyes flashing bright to illuminate the room. She cocked her head to the side when she saw the gate cracked open. She slowly stood up from the bed of bones and walked out of the room. "Scott?" She tried, though she knew what had happened. She walked into the dark, eyes going back to their normal blue as her shaky hands felt the wall beside her and tried to find a way out of La Iglesia; if there was one. She heard footsteps yet she paid no mind to it and kept walking forward. She was going to die. It wasn't from the dead pool, or a dark Druid, or a nogitsune, but by a creature that was made out of animal bone and skin.