chapter twenty two.

Ella turned her head from side to side, trying to find any sight of her brother and Lydia. When they arrived at school, they headed off to their normal classes, but now it's the middle of the day and Ella has a headache, and the only one who carries her medication is Stiles. Ella sighed, "Where the hell are you, Stiles?" Ella turned again, meeting eyes with the one and only Jennifer Blake. Ella gasped and began to walk backwards, "Jen-Jennifer." "Oh, precious little Ella, always wanting her brother with her because she can't do anything her own self. Besides try her hardest to protect Scott McCall, even if she has no weapons. . no powers. . no intelligence," Jennifer shook her head, walking towards Ella.

Ella bumped into a pole, her head beginning to hurt even more, "What do you want from me?" "You want to protect your friends no matter what, right?" Jennifer asked with a smirk. Ella licked her lips, "Y–Yes." "Perfect. Then come with me," Jennifer demanded, holding her hand out. Ella shook her head and tried to run, only for Jennifer to take her head and hit it against the pole she had bumped into, causing Ella's world to go black.

Jennifer gripped Ella's small arms in her hands, forcing her to walk. Ella quietly cried, wondering why everything had to happen to her. She could feel the blood trickling down from her forehead, and she could practically feel the bruises that would be left on her pale skin from how hard Jennifer was gripping her arms. Jennifer kicked open the door, "And the taser in your jacket pocket. Hold still, you little runt!" Chris Argent's eyes widened when he saw who Jennifer had in her arms, Melissa McCall calling Ella's name, wanting her to look at her, and Ella's father cried, screaming at Jennifer as to why she had taken Ella. "You two, shut up!" She exclaimed before dropping Ella down on the ground, tying her hands, legs, and body with a strong rope against a beam.

Jennifer then began to walk to Chris, crouching down in front of him, "Argent The French word for silver." She tried to pat Chris's blood, but he pulled away. "Ah, ah, ah," Jennifer said, this time Chris letting her clean the blood on his forehead, "Interesting how truth becomes altered by legend When it's not actually the metal silver that kills werewolves but the family. What's the Argent code again? 'We hunt those who hunt us'? I hope you don't mind if I borrow it for a little while, since I've been hunted myself." "Don't pretend like we have the same cause. I don't kill innocent people," Chris shook his head. "That's why they call it a sacrifice, and I wish it worked another way. But think about what you're doing. You are making this town even this world safer for your children. Well, uh. ." Jennifer turned to look at Melissa, "Most of them."

Jennifer then stood up and looked over at Ella who was struggling against the ropes, pulling, only making the restraints tighter. "Ella?" Sheriff Stilinski asked, trying to reach out for his daughters hand. "I'm. . I'm okay, popps," Ella tried her hardest to smile, though the pain in her head was causing her to wince right after. "Now, you all are probably wondering why I've brought down our little Ella to join the party. Well, I brought this blue eyed angel down because she's something that she doesn't even know of. . not even you, Mr Stilinski," Jennifer chuckled as she crouched down in front of Ella, placing a hand on her cheek, "A protecter. It's awfully rare, and is almost never found, but they're out there. . and she's one of them. Now you guys are wondering what a protecter is, and how could this fragile little girl ever be one? Correct?"

Everyone nodded, including Ella. "Well, protecter is the term for a chosen supernatural who manifests protective powers whenever he or she feels the need to defend others. The powers of a protector only manifest in a moment of protective desire, and are inactive when protectors are in danger themselves. Generally, a protector is a rare subspecies that could be ascended from any supernatural species, but only appears once every century. Since these beings are rare and mostly pure-blooded, and also heavily good-hearted, very few supernaturals have met such beings. And no one is able to smell it out or anything because, well, Ella doesn't have any smell other than coconut," Jennifer smiled.