chapter fourty five.

Lydia and Peter walked back into the living room, everyone turning to face them. "So, do we have a plan?" Deaton asked. "Scott is going to try and dig through pale and sickly Evil Stiles's mind to unearth pale and sickly Real Stiles. Then guide him back from the depths of his own subconscious. But he's not going to do it alone," Peter said. "What do you mean?" Scott and Ella asked. "Somebody needs to go in with you," Peter looked to Lydia. Scott bit his lip then nodded, walking to the back of the couch where Peter stood. Lydia then sat beside Stiles, Ella taking his other side.

Ella looked into Void's eyes, "Listen to me, you demon. I want my brother back. We all want my brother back. Because my brother is the sweetest, funniest, lovable, and most sarcastic person I've ever met. But that's all good, because we love him. We love him with all of our hearts. And we really need him back," a tear rolled down Ella's cheek, "I really need him. Did you know that my best friend is in the hospital right now with half of his neck and part of his face burned because of the event that happened at the hospital? My best friend who is still not healing because of you. It's your fault." Void looked at her with almost sorry eyes as he cocked his head to the side, then his head was set straight by Peter and Scott's claws were being placed right above his neck. "So what do we do if we find him?" Scott asked Peter. "You're going to have to guide him out somehow. Try to give him back control of his mind, his body," Peter replied.

"Could you elaborate on the 'somehow'? It's not feeling very specific at the moment," Lydia breathed out. "Improvise," Peter shrugged. "What if this is just another trick?" Scott asked. "When are you people going to start trusting me?" Peter asked, chuckling lightly. Ella rolled her eyes, "He meant him." Peter glanced at Ella, "Oh." "Scott, we're running out of time," Deaton nodded. Scott nodded then exhaled deeply before sticking his claws into both Void's and Lydia's necks, eyes widening and Lydia's mouth going agape. Ella looked down at Void's hand and took it, whispering, "Please bring my brother back to me."

Ella stood up, going to stand beside Peter. Everything was silent for a while until Melissa noticed something. "Do you see that? She's bleeding," Melissa pointed out, going to Lydia but Deaton held her back, "I'm not sure that's a good idea." Peter then got onto one knee in front of her, gripping her face. "What's happening? What is happening to her?" Ella asked with furrowed brows. "Lydia, can you hear me? Lydia, you're stronger than this. Okay, you need to concentrate," Peter said. Then he shouted, "Lydia. Lydia! Concentrate."

Scott, Lydia, and Void's eyes snapped wide open, gasping and Lydia's hand going to where Scott's claws once were. "Did it work?" Scott asked, going to Void's side. "Did it work?" Ella shouted, joining Scott. "What happened?" Lydia asked, "Why didn't it work?" "Because it's not science, Lydia. It's supernatural. I did my part. Now give me the name," Peter told Lydia. Ella furrowed her brows in curiosity, yet didn't leave Void. Scott, however, stood, "What name? What are you talking about?" "Lydia, a deal is a deal. Even with me," Peter said, taking Lydia and going into the kitchen. Lydia reached up and whispered in his ear, "Malia."

Just as Lydia had whispered the name, Void gasped and Ella fell to the floor, Scott immediately running to pick her up and hold her by the arms. Void removed the tape from his mouth and then began to pull out wrapping of some kind, causing Ella to cringe back into Scott's arms. He then stood and fell to the ground, making a sound then placing his hands on the ground as the wrapping came out of his mouth on its own. He pulled out the last piece, gasping then stumbling backwards. A hand then began to come above the wrapping, Scott putting an arm around Ella protectively. Then the nogitsune fully formed, standing and looking at his hand before lunging towards everyone, Scott and Peter holding him back and pushing him onto the couch. "Hold him," Peter said. "I'm trying," Scott responded. "Wait, wait, wait!" Scott called, unwrapping the wrap from the face and revealing Stiles. "Scott?" Stiles asked.

Ella's eyes widened as she pushed herself off of the wall, running to Stiles's side. "Stiles?" Ella asked. "Ella?" Stiles asked. Ella nodded with tearful eyes, taking him into her arms and holding him tightly as if he was going to disappear into smoke. "Scott," Deaton called, making Scott turn to him. He then motioned towards the couch: Lydia and Void were missing. "Where are they?" Scott asked. "Where are they?" Scott asked again, leaving and running out the door, "Lydia! Lydia! Lydia!"

Ella sat beside Stiles as Melissa waved the small light in front of his face, then she hesitantly reached for his hand. Stiles held his hand up, letting Melissa check for a pulse. "Well, medically you seem okay. You're definitely a real person," Melissa chuckled. "Okay, so I'm real, but am I really me?" Stiles asked just as Scott made his way into the room, "Is she here?" "Yeah," Scott nodded. "Okay, let's do this," Stiles said then noticing everyone's uncertain looks, "Guys, we have to do this." They nodded and Scott helped him off the bed and down the stairs into the living room. "Do you recognize me, hmm?" Noshiko asked. Kira then came into the house and stood beside her mother, "Stop." "It's okay," Stiles said as he stepped closer to Noshiko, "I'm the one who asked her to come." "You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords. Mom, don't do this to him," Kira said. "It's already done," Noshiko said as an oni appeared behind Ella.

Ella moved out of the way just as another Oni appeared in front of Stiles. The one behind Ella then stood behind Stiles as the other held his face and glowed its eyes. Ella took Scott's hand into hers nervously, watching as the Oni then removed its hand and left behind a sizzling sound. The two Oni's then disappeared. "Look behind his ear," Noshiko instructed, everyone going to Stiles's side. Ella turned his body and looked behind his ear to see the number '5.' "It worked," Ella breathed out. "So, I'm actually me?" Stiles asked, Ella helping him stand. "More you than the Nogitsune," Noshiko said. "Can The Oni find him?" Stiles asked. "Tomorrow night. It's too close to dawn now," Noshiko replied. "Can they kill him?" Ella asked, eyebrows drawn together. "It depends on how strong he is," Noshiko answered. "What about Lydia? Why would he take her?" Scott asked. "He would only take her for an advantage," Noshiko answered.

"You mean her power?" Scott asked. Noshiko nodded, "The power of a Banshee."

Ella said a hello to deputy Parrish, the two being somewhat friends despite the small age gap. Every time she came to the station he would make her laugh before he'd have to go somewhere. He'd also help her with her math homework, and she deeply appreciated him. "How's my pops?" Ella asked. Parrish shook his head and took Ella into a hug, "He'll be better knowing you and Stiles are okay. I missed your little smile in the dark place." Ella chuckled softly then pulled away and pressed a single kiss to Parrish's cheek before going back outside and nodding for Stiles and Scott to come in. She lead them to their dad's office. "Ah, if I could just find my keys," Noah said. "In your coffee cup," Stiles spoke, Noah turning around to look at his twins.

"You always drop them in your empty cup," Ella pointed to the cup on Noah's desk. Noah dropped his jacket and ran to his children, taking them both into a tight hug. "Oh! Hey, Dad," Stiles chuckled. "I missed you, pops," Ella sighed, closing her eyes. The family released one another, Noah turning to Scott who had picked up Noah's keys, "Is it over?" "Not yet," Scott replied.