chapter fifty.

Ella's phone vibrated on her bedside table, causing her to groan and cover her ear with her pillow. It'll go away, Ella thought. The vibrating stopped, Ella smiling to herself as began to drift back off to sleep until the vibrating sounded once again. Ella groaned loudly, taking the pillow off of her head and grabbing her phone off the table. "What?" Ella hissed, spitting out hairs that had gotten into her mouth. "What do you want?"

"Ella! Ella, wake up! We just got back from Mexico and we're at the animal clinic and–" "Wait, why were you in Mexico?" Ella asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "To save Derek!" Stiles exclaimed. Ella nodded, "Okay. . go on." "Anyways! Something happened to Derek." "What?" Ella asked, throwing her legs over her bed and sitting upwards. "He got. . younger."

Ella ran into the animal clinic, "What the hell did you idiots do?" Ella walked into the main room to see Lydia, Stiles, Scott, and Deaton surrounding something wrapped in a blanket on the operating table. She furrowed her brows together and walked up, seeing a younger boy. "Who the hell is this?" Ella asked, "Did you really bring home someone from Mexico? When a brother goes on vacation the sister expects a t-shirt, not a person." "It's Derek," Stiles rolled his eyes. Ella raised a brow, "So he's my age now?" Scott hit Ella's arm. "Ow! God, I'm just playing. Kind of," Ella shrugged, earning another hit. "Wow," Deaton muttered, causing everyone to look up at him. "Wow? Wow as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do,' kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for," Stiles said.

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities," Deaton said, looking at Stiles. Ella placed a hand on Derek's arm, "He's cold. Really cold." "Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked as Deaton touched Derek's hand to see his temperature. Deaton used a small light to check his eyes, "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience." "So what do we do with him?" Stiles asked. "Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here," Deaton said. "You mean from Kate?" Stiles asked, causing Ella to do a double take. "Woah, woah, woah. Kate as in Kate Argent? Dead bitch? Come alive?" Ella asked with furrowed brows. "I'll explain later," Stiles waved his sister off.

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate," Deaton said, ignoring the twins. "Why would she want do this to him?" Lydia asked. Ella raised her brows, "Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her. And bad for everyone else."

"Yeah, and you guys should probably go home," Deaton said, "He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night. . And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again." "Someone should stay with you," Scott said. Ella and Lydia shared a look and nodded before turning to Scott. "We'll stay," they said simultaneously. "My grades are fine. . Despite missing a few classes," Lydia shrugged. "And I really don't want to go to school. Like at all," Ella added on, putting her hands into her jeans pockets. "Ella, you're not staying just because you want to miss school," Scott said, shaking his head. "Yeah, I'm not even okay with Lydia staying," Stiles said, whispering, "I'm so not okay with this."

"Guys, go," Lydia said, looking at Stiles. "No," Stiles said stubbornly. "Text us if anything happens," Ella said, Scott taking her hand into his. "Nope, still not okay with it. Not going anywhere," Stiles shook his head. Scott rolled his eyes at his best friend and grabbed his arm, pulling him out. "All right, just 'cause you're stronger. ." Once they were outside, Ella gave Scott a kiss on the cheek before he left and she turned to Stiles. "So, what the hell happened in Mexico," Ella asked, using an accent for 'Mexico.' "Lots of shit, lots of abnormal shit," Stiles shrugged, the two getting into the Jeep.