chapter thirty.

Ella banged her head against her desk repeatedly, hating that she had to be at school, once again. 'Why do I even need school? I have google. Literally though, history; they're all dead! Music; we have YouTube! Sports; hello, Wii. Spanish; hello, Dora the Explorer. Math? We have calculators. Geography? I can buy a globe and learn from there. Im never going to go anywhere besides Beacon Hills anyways, so why do I need to learn everything? Why can't I just stay home and cry over Jonnor's breakup? Or cry because Lucas didn't pick Maya? Or because Edward left Bella? Or because—' "Hey, Ella." Ella looked up and placed her glasses on her head to see Kira smiling down at her. Ella smiled, "Hey, Kira. What's up?" "I have something for you," Kira piped, stepping on her tip-toes. "For me?" Ella asked with a raise of her brows.

"Yeah. About the bardo. My explanation was sort of all over the place, so I did some research and I printed it out for you," Kira said as she searched through her backpack. "Oh, Kira, you didn't have to do that," Ella shook her head, chuckling. "It only took a couple of hours," Kira shrugged. Ella's eyes widened, "Wow. Then you really didn't have to do that." "Well, you're, like, my only friend and the only person who has even bothered to talk to me so, I decided I should pay you back somehow. I swear I printed it out," she said, continuing to search through her backpack.

"Kira. You forgot all the research you did for that girl you talk about," Mr. Yukimura said, handing Kira a stack of papers. Ella smiled, seeing the embarrassment on Kira's face. "Ella, thank you for talking to Kira, honestly I thought no one was going to talk to her because she doesn't speak. Like at all—" "Okay, dad! That's enough!" Kira said, handing the papers to Ella. Ella smiled, standing up to give Kira a quick hug before she sat down.

"All right, everyone. Let's get started," Mr. Yukimura announced, "We were just talking about internment camps and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail Who would like to come up and read aloud for us? Mr. Stilinski, how about you?" Ella's eyes widened as she raised her hand, "I'll read." Mr. Yukimura shook his head, "How about later Ms. Stilinski. Let your brother read." "Oh, no, maybe Ella should read," Stiles said, gulping. "Everyone participates in my class, Mr. Stilinski," Mr. Yukimura said. "Okay," Stiles nodded and stood up, walking over to the podium and staring down at the book. Stiles squeezed his eyes shut and gripped the podium. Stiles looked up and breathed heavily, Scott and Ella stood up immediately, "Stiles? You okay?" Scott and Ella made their way towards Stiles, standing behind them. "We should take him to the nurse's office," Scott saidsaid, Mr. Yukimura nodding.

Stiles stumbled around in the locker room. Scott stayed behind Stiles whilst Ella watched them with wide eyes. "Stiles, look at me, man. Is this a panic attack?" Scott asked. Stiles stumbled to the sink, Scott and Ella hovering over him. "It's a dream, it's a dream. This is just a dream," Stiles repeated. "No, it's not. This is real. You're here. You're here with us," Scott spoke, "Okay, what do you do? I mean, like, how do you tell if you're awake or dreaming?" "Your fingers–" Stiles panted heavily, "–you count your fingers. You have extra fingers in dreams." Scott shakily held up one finger, "How many do I have? Hey! Look at me. Come on, Stiles. Look at my hands and count with me."

Stiles turned around to face Scott, Ella leaning against the wall as she bit her nails. "One.. Two," Stiles breathed heavy as he looked down at the ground. "Keep going!" Scott said in a loud voice. "Three.. Four.. Five.. Six.. Seven.. Eight.. Nine.. Ten." "Ten," Ella repeated, slowly walking to the two. Ten," Scott said sternly. Stiles slid down on the wall and fell to the ground, "What the hell is happening to me?" Scott crouched in front of him, Ella sitting beside him. "We'll figure it out," Scott stated, "You're going to be okay." "Am I? Are you? Scott, you can't transform. Allison's being haunted by her dead aunt. And I'm straight up losing my mind. We can't do this. We can't.. we can't help Malia. We can't help anyone," Stiles said. "We can try," Scott said, "We can always try."

Ella sat on the floor beside Scott, her head on his shoulder and his head atop of hers. "I'm sleepy and I want to go home," Ella muttered sleepily, yawning. Scott chuckled, "You're all ways sleepy." "Guys. I think I know what she was looking for," Stiles said, taking out the baby doll that they had seen last night from their backpack. "You took the doll from the car?" Scott sighed. "Yeah, I thought you could use it, you know, for like her scent," Stiles shrugged. "Where did you get that?" A sharp voice made them turn, looking at Mr. Tate. "Where did you find this? It belonged to my daughter," Mr. Tate as he snatched the doll from Stiles's hands. "Sorry," Sheriff Stilinski said as he clamped a hand down on Scott's shoulder as he passed by him.

"Mr. Tate, I don't know how you heard about this. If you got your own police scanner or what but you can't be here," Stilinski placed a hand on Mr. Tate's waist to push him out, but he caught a feel of something hard. Stilinski pushed back Mr. Tate's jacket to reveal a gun. "I have a permit," Mr. Tate spoke through clenched teeth. "California schools are gun free zones, permit or no permit. You need to leave, Mr. Tate. Now," Stilinski said, two officers taking Mr. Tate's arms. "You find that animal. You find that thing," Mr. Tate hissed before walking away.

"Xylazine. It's a tranquilizer for horses. For a werecoyote, expect it to work within seconds. I only have three. So whoever's shooting, needs to be a damn good shot," Deaton said. "Allison's a perfect shot," Scott spoke. "She used to be," Isaac corrected. "She can do it," Scott shrugged. "If we manage to find the thing," Isaac said. "Okay, what is the point of him? Seriously, I mean, what is his purpose? Aside from the persistent negativity and the scarf? What's up with the scarf anyway? It's 65 degrees out," Stiles said. "Look, maybe I'm asking a question no one here wants to ask. How do we turn a coyote back into a girl, when she hasn't been a girl for eight years?" Isaac asked.

"I can do it," Scott spoke up, leaning on the operating table. "You can?" Ella asked. "You remember the night that Peter trapped us in the school? In the gym, he was able to make you turn using just his voice. Deucalion did the same thing in the distillery," Scott said. "This is a werecoyote, Scott. Who knows if it'll even work if you can find someone who can teach you," Deaton stated. "That's why you called Derek, first," Stiles pointed to Scott. "Yeah, I could try it on my own. But right now, I'm too scared to even change into just a werewolf," Scott sighed. "We need a real Alpha," Stiles muttered, Scott giving him a look, "You know what I mean. An Alpha who can do Alpha things. You know, an Alpha who can get it going. You know, get it.."

"Up?" Isaac asked. "Great. I'm an Alpha with performance issues. Is there anyone else besides Derek who could help?" Deaton asked. "I wouldn't trust Peter," Isaac stated. "Maybe the twins?" Stiles suggested. "They're not Alphas anymore. After what Jennifer did, almost killing them? It broke that part of them," Deaton said

"Yeah, but what if they know how to do it?" Stiles asked. "Nobody's seen them for weeks," Scott said. Ella raised her brows, "Well, actually, that's not totally true." Everyone gave her a confused look and Ella only bit her lip. "Lydia."