chapter eighty five.

Slamming her locker shut, Ella received several concerned looks from the people around her. "Sorry," she muttered, not realizing that she had shut the locker so loud. Maybe it was because Scott nor Stiles had gotten back to her, or maybe it was the look Theo Raeken was giving her from across the hall. It was like she was a lone teenager, and Theo was the alpha who wanted to build a pack; kind of like Scott and Peter that one night. "Attention all students. Mr. O'Quinn's classes are canceled for today," The PA announced over the school's intercom, "If anyone knows his whereabouts, please let the office know immediately." "That doesn't sound too ominous," Mason muttered to Liam as Ella walked up to the two boys. Liam hadn't heard what his friend had told him due to the glare he shot at Theo and Hayden who stood by the lockers down the hallway. Ella and Mason shared a worried look, following Liam's gaze to look at the two chimeras. Ella placed a hand on Liam's shoulder, causing him to look at her.

"Scott told you not to do anything, hon," Ella tried to calm him down. "I know," Liam replied through gritted teeth as he turned back to stare at Hayden and Theo. "Liam, you said you weren't gonna get involved," Mason added, darting his eyes between Liam, Theo and Hayden. "I know," Liam repeated again. Ella glanced over at Theo and Hayden, Theo catching her gaze and lips tugging up at a smirk. Ella rolled her eyes and flicked him off. It wasn't that she hated him, of course she didn't, but he really was a pain in the ass sometimes. "Liam, don't get involved," Mason muttered before looking at Ella who was still glaring at Theo. "Liam, don't get involved and Ella, stop giving him the bird. It's not going to help anything," Mason scolded the Stilinski twin. Ella turned to him, "Hmm? What? I wasn't  - Okay, Yeah I was." Liam tore his eyes away from Theo and Hayden to look at Ella and chuckle. "I wasn't flicking him off, though! I was just showing him how much my finger really, really likes him," she grinned, "and I'm going to head off to my boring class now and think if my education is really worth coming to school. Mason, make sure pup doesn't get involved."

"Pup?" Mason asked, furrowing his brows. Ella chuckled, "Ah, Liam. Duh. Alright, bye guys, love y'all." The boys said a quick, "Love you too," as they watched the Stilinski girl walk away. Ella walked into the classroom and sat in between Stiles's empty seat and her friend Taylor's seat. She smiled at the blonde then turned back around to face the front of the class, glaring at Theo as he made his way to his seat. "Daniella Stilinski, have you seen your twin brother or Scott McCall? Can't be the only one who thinks it's slightly coincidental they're both sick on the same day?" Ms Fleming pointed out. Ella narrowed her eyes and tapped her pen against her chin, "Haven't seen them, Ms." "What did I tell you about calling me Ms?" Ms Fleming asked. Ella grinned, "Sorry Ms." Ms Fleming gave up with the girl, turned and sighed, "And Lydia Martin wasn't in class today either."

"She won't be in for a while," Theo spoke up, everyone in the class including Ella turning to look at him. "Medical issues," he explained, Ms Fleming nodding slowly. Theo turned to Ella and gave her a wink and a smirk, causing Ella to glance at the teacher to make sure she wasn't looking before turning to flick Theo off again.

Ella, Liam and Mason hurried into the McCall household, seeing Kira fast asleep on the couch and Scott asleep on the other. Ella sighed contently, happy to know that her boyfriend was okay. She walked over to him and trailed her fingers delicately from his right temple, down to his chin. "Scott, wake up, baby," Ella whispered. Hearing her familiar voice, Scott awoke, eyes immediately finding Ella's. She smiled softly. "Hey, princess," he whispered. Ella placed a soft kiss to his temple before nodding towards Liam and Mason, "We've got a problem." "What's wrong?" He asked, sitting up. "I found out something from Corey," Mason started, "We know what Theo's doing." "He's looking for an Alpha," Liam added, "A blind Alpha." Scott looked at Ella, asking with his eyes if she was thinking about the person he was thinking of. When she nodded, they turned back to the sophomore boys. "Deucalion."

"Who found them?" Ella asked as she, Scott and Stiles walked out of the elevator and towards Noah Stilinski. "Argent. And he said the Doctors were down there. He also said you guys might know what this thing is," Noah said, darting his eyes between the teenagers. "We've got a theory.." Scott trailed off. "It's a slightly terrifying theory," Stiles added. "Well, the ME said that victims were killed somewhere else and then dumped in those tunnels," Noah informed them. "Hey, what if the Dread Doctors are hiding the bodies," Scott questioned. "Why would they do that?" Ella asked. "Maybe they're covering for it. Protecting it like a parent would," Stiles assumed. "Protecting what?" Sheriff asked. "A werewolf," Ella replied to her father, "It's called the Beast." Noah's eyes widened. "We know. Horrifying," Stiles nodded. "We better figure out what we're gonna call Parrish. Because it looks like his dream is coming true."

"You know, I should be used to all the crazy shit that happens in this town, but it's all turning into a living nightmare," Ella groaned as she walked beside Scott, eyes looking around the hall. "I know, but hey, at least we're still alive," Scott tried to lift her spirits up. Ella rolled her eyes, "Barely, Scott. Barely." As they turned the corner, the PA system crackled to life. "By order of the Sheriff, a county-wide curfew goes into effect tonight at sundown. All after-school activities are canceled until further notice. Students should go directly home at the end of the school day." Ella watched students's eyes go wide at the sight of two deputies walking through the hall with large guns. "Hey," Ella muttered to Scott, nudging his arm with hers then nodding towards Stiles who was speaking to deputy Staruss. "You don't think this is a bit much in terms of firepower for a high school?" Stiles asked him. "Your Dad's the one that issued us these things, and he wouldn't officially say why," Strauss informed them.

Ella narrowed her eyes and tilted her head to the side, "Did he say anything unofficially?" "No. But everyone's got a theory," Strauss said, glancing to two other deputies down the hall with the same gun as his. "What's yours?" Stiles asked. "I shouldn't be talking to you guys. Don't you have class?" Strauss asked, shaking his head. "Come on, Strauss," Ella groaned, "What's your theory?" Strauss glanced at the deputies once again then turned back to the three pleading teenagers in front of him. "Do you guys believe in the supernatural?" Strauss asked, causing Ella, Stiles and Scott to share looks of disbelief.