chapter thirty eight.

Ella woke up cold, shivering. She hissed as she tried to move her leg, feeling a sharp pain shoot up her leg. Tears fell down Ella's cheeks, "Stiles." "Ella? Ella?" Stiles called back shakily, "Ella, where are you?!" Ella leaned up, seeing Stiles a couple of feet beside her, "I'm right here, Stiles. I'm right here. I- I can't move." "Me neither, El, me neither," Stiles said, Ella being able to hear that he was crying too. Ella leaned her head back, squeezing her eyes shut as she let out a painful screech. "It fucking stinks," Ella panted, looking at Stiles with watery eyes. "I know. Listen, I'm going to call Scott, Okay?" Stiles asked. Ella nodded, finally getting a good look of what was on her leg. She screamed again, seeing the metal that was on her leg, "Fuck!"

She shivered again, letting out loud cries. "Stiles! There's a fucking bear trap on my leg and I- I feel the blood," Ella groaned, Stiles crying at the sound of his sisters voice. "I have one too, Okay? I have one too," Stiles said as he shakily grabbed his phone and dialed Scott's number. "Someone help us," Ella whispered, "Someone please help us." Stiles put the phone on speaker, Scott answering. "Hey, man, what's up? Stiles? Stiles? You there?" Stiles let out a few shaky breaths before saying, "Scott?" "Hey, I'm here. Are you okay? Can you hear me?" Scott asked. "Scott, I don't I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here. I think was sleepwalking. And and Ella is here too. She just barely woke up." "Okay, um, can you see anything? Just tell me what you see," Scott said.

"It's dark. It's hard to see. I think there's something wrong with my–" the call failed, leaving Ella and Stiles to let out frustrated groans and cries. Stiles tried calling Scott several times, but nothing went through. Finally, one got through, Scott answering. "Scott, I don't think we can get out of here. We can't move," Stiles said. Ella looked down again, seeing she was still in her pajamas. "Where are you two?" Scott asked. "Goddamnit, Scott! We don't know, It's too dark!" Ella yelled, waving her hands around. "I can't see much and something's wrong with my leg. It's stuck on something. And it's - I think it's bleeding," Stiles said into the phone, ignoring his sister. "It's called a bear trap!" Ella shouted, banging her head against the floor. "How bad? Stiles, how bad is it? Stiles, are you there? Can you hear me?" "Ah, there's some kind of smell down here. Something smells terrible. It's brutal. My eyes are watering," Stiles replied to Scott.

"Okay, listen. I'm calling you guys' dad," Scott said. Both twins immediately cried, "No, no, no, no, don't." "But your dad–" "Don't," Stiles said, "Just please don't call him. Promise you won't. He already worries about me too much. Scott, please. But what if I can't find you two? Stiles, I can't make a promise like that." Ella then cried out, "No, no, no, just please. Please, don't call him. Come find us. You can do it. He doesn't have to know. Scott, you can find us. I don't know if we can do this." "Oh, I gotta call you back. I have to turn the phone off," Stiles said after looking at his battery percent. "What? No, hey, wait–" "I'm gonna call you back," Stiles said before hanging up the phone. Ella sat up, scooting herself towards the wall, bringing the trap with her. She got as close to Stiles as she could before laying down and reaching out for his hand, the both of them screaming and crying for help.

After a while, Ella demanded for Stiles to call Scott again, dry tears on Ella's cheeks and neck. "Stiles just - Stiles, please call him," Ella said, sniffling. "He can find us. It's Scott." Stiles nodded, reaching for his phone and dialing Scott's number, Scott immediately picking up. "Hey, Stiles," Scott said. "Did you call him? Did you call my dad?" Stiles asked. "No. Just Isaac. We're coming to find you two. Can you figure out where you are? Try to find something and tell us where to look," Scott said, Ella nodding as she looked at her surroundings. She bit her lip, "It's a basement. I think I think we're in some kind of basement." "In a house?" Scott asked. "No. It looks bigger. Like industrial. I think there's a furnace. But it's cold. It's freezing down here. I gotta turn the I gotta turn the phone off. It's going to die," Stiles said shakily.